Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Screen Repair Dublin

• 16-01-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all

Just wondering if any would know where to get a kindle repaired in the dublin area... Cracked screen is the problem.

It is a kindle 4 :)

Also any idea how much it may cost??

Comments

don't know of a place in Ireland. Because kindle cost is not that high may not be economical to fix, say compared to an iphone (100 euro or less compared to 500 euro).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Order a replacement screen from ebay and do it yourself - it's not that hard, and should cost €60 - €70 for the screen, plus some time looking at the relevant YouTube videos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Amazon will replace it for free. Seriously, call customer support and ask them to recommend a screen repair place near you. They'll post you out a new one.

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Amazon will replace it for free. Seriously, call customer support and ask them to recommend a screen repair place near you. They'll post you out a new one.

Only if its within the one year warranty obviosuly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 biscuits11

Thanks for the reply's :-)

I only got the kindle at Xmas and I got it in Tesco not off Amazon? So i pressume it is unlikely they will replace it for me considering I didnt buy it from them????

• Advertisement

biscuits11 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply's :-)

I only got the kindle at Xmas and I got it in Tesco not off Amazon? So i pressume it is unlikely they will replace it for me considering I didnt buy it from them????

Exactly the opposite actually. Tesco will refuse to replace and will ask you to contact amazon. Save yourself the time and ring amazon directly. they will have a replacement on the way within minutes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Amazon have twice replaced Kindles with broken screens for me. It's in their interest to have customers keep using a device that buys books directly from them.

Great customer care as a result. Definitely call them before doing anything else.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Amazon are trying to sell you ebooks, not Kindles.

Kindles are just the platform that they use in order to get you buying books so they really won't care a huge amount about loosing the cost of a Kindle being sent out to you. Getting you to have a working device and buying books is all they are interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭mel o

Thanks for the info on this thread. Amazon just shipped me a new kindle!

Advertisement