Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone help

• 16-01-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

so i got my sisters iphone and i didnt want all her stuff on it so i resetted all information then resetted everything else: media ect... switched back on and kept on going into a loop of restarting and now its stuck on the iphone logo, yes i did hold the off and home button for 10 seconds and that doesnt work it wont switch off at all i also held the home button while putting in the cable which was plugged into the laptop that did nothing it just charges it but doesnt connect to itunes nor does the laptop pick it up any clue to wtf is happening?

Comments

You'll probably have to do a restore in DFU mode:

http://absinthejailbreak.com/forum/how-to-put-your-iphone-into-dfu-mode/

Follow the instructions there and you should be able to do a restore.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

Karsini wrote: »
    You'll probably have to do a restore in DFU mode:

http://absinthejailbreak.com/forum/how-to-put-your-iphone-into-dfu-mode/

Follow the instructions there and you should be able to do a restore.

doesnt work i cant connect my iphone to itunes nothing happens it just charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If its stuck on the Apple logo just leave it until the battery runs out.

It used to happen on my old iPhone, it would just freeze. If you leave it until the battery runs out and them turn it back on it should be back to normal.

If its stuck on the Apple logo just leave it until the battery runs out.

It used to happen on my old iPhone, it would just freeze. If you leave it until the battery runs out and them turn it back on it should be back to normal.

nope didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

Reon wrote: »
    doesnt work i cant connect my iphone to itunes nothing happens it just charges

If you did the DFU mode correctly you wouldn't be able to tell it's charging?

• Advertisement

Kynareth wrote: »
    If you did the DFU mode correctly you wouldn't be able to tell it's charging?

well its just still the apple logo i held both things for 15 seconds then the home button for 15 seconds and still this stupid damn logo and when i put in the usb into the laptop nothing happens the computer doesnt recognize it nor does the appstore it just charges the itouch

oh **** its working lol after the 10th time it works :D thanks very much for your help everyone whoooooooop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

well its just still the apple logo i held both things for 15 seconds then the home button for 15 seconds and still this stupid damn logo and when i put in the usb into the laptop nothing happens the computer doesnt recognize it nor does the appstore it just charges the itouch
    You should let it run out if battery as someone above mentioned also is it an older model ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

oh **** its working lol after the 10th time it works :D thanks very much for your help everyone whoooooooop
    At least you fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

Edited: Glad it's working.

• Advertisement

Kynareth wrote: »
    Edited: Glad it's working.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    At least you fixed it

yea haha

ok so after updating the iphone ..... and when it was done it went to the logo again and is just doing the same thing did i miss anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

ok so after updating the iphone ..... and when it was done it went to the logo again and is just doing the same thing did i miss anything?
    what model iphone is it and was it jail broken and was it unlocked with ultrasnow

massy086 wrote: »
    what model iphone is it and was it jail broken and was it unlocked with ultrasnow

not quite sure its not one of the new ones its 8g lol if that helps has a silver lining around it and its black

not quite sure its not one of the new ones its 8g lol if that helps has a silver lining around it and its black
    ok so it's a 3gs or a 3g so it probably was unlocked with ultrasnow. Hmm hard to say what you're next move should be try another restore in itunnes and let us now the result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Cathal said something about not updating a 3GS with the iPad bb to 6.0.1

guil wrote: »
    Cathal said something about not updating a 3GS with the iPad bb to 6.0.1
    Ye im thinking that is what has happened i have fixed a few of them and they can be a bitch to get back up and running

massy086 wrote: »
    ok so it's a 3gs or a 3g so it probably was unlocked with ultrasnow. Hmm hard to say what you're next move should be try another restore in itunnes and let us now the result

i did restore it in itunes the first time that day and then it went straight back to the apple logo i'l try it now again and see what happends ooh when i tried it after the first time it said unable to update or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Doubt you will be able to fix it yourself cos it seems the baseband is corrupted. Contact Cathal or Massy to see if they will fix it

• Advertisement
Advertisement