Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag 2 Ranbats discussion thread

Options
  • 17-01-2013 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

'Sup Folks.
    I've heard a bit of talk at casuals and from checking interest from players myself, there's a good bit of interest for a Tekken Tag 2 Ranbat league.
    I've started this thread to open discussion about the idea, and also to gauge interest some more. If you have any suggestions about how this should run, or would simply like to say you would be up for this kinda thing, chip in and be heard.
    With that said, I'll make a start.

I suggest we do a Round-Robin Everyone plays Everyone format.
    Game format would be standard best-of-five rounds, best-of-three games.
    Game score will count towards points. Example: Fergus wins 2-1 vs Vagrant, Vagrant will still receive 1 point.
    Depending on the amount of players, we run for 5-10 sessions.
    Sessions will be played offline at the XGC, and perhaps we can accommodate into tournaments etc.
    Prizes, or prize pot could be done by everyone chipping in 1 or 2 Euro every time we play Ranbats (And of course the 5 euro that would go towards console anyway, since this would be the XGC). The pot is divvied out to the top 3.

Like I said earlier, suggestions and simply a chime-in if anyone has interest is most welcome. I'll leave it at that. What do you all think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm up for it and the list of suggestions you have there sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I'm up for it. Everything you have up there sounds great my only real question is how often we intend to do it? It will be hard to find dates that suit everyone as some people it won't suit time wise whilst others it won't suit monetary wise.

I'd imagine it'd be on an irregular basis, a date can be stuck up for people to agree/disagree on.

5-8 sessions would be good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Welp, too irregular and it might as well be a tournament thingy, I'd say every 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure whether to set dates in concrete or not tbh, I don't like the idea because there'll always be that threat that even one person couldn't attend (which would essentially fluff their standings and render quite a bit of progress in the league for them irrelevant), I'd say 'try' and work a date around everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Sounds good guys! :)
    Also, regarding the example you gave kuro, i.e. fergus 2-1 vagrant and vagrant gets a point (so, score counts)
    Would that mean the fergus gets 3 points or 5?

I ask because the last time we ran a tournie @ the gamestop in Henry St., I allocated 3 points for a win, and 1 point for every round won.
    That way, ppl. who lose some games can still get some scores.
    It also means that ppl. who lose a good load of games will get placed higher than others depending on how well they did overall.

I am sure this is what ya mean (or similar), just wanted to clarify.

If we gave 1 euro everytime we played, and say there was 10 of us in total, and we met 5times, that'd mean a kitty of 50euro, which is grand for something thats only a bit of craic.
    HECK, i don't even care if there's a kitty or not! This well be hella fun!

As for times,every 2-3 weeks is cool.
    I'd say its be best if on the week that the Ranbats session is scheduled, we let ppl know atleast 1o days in advance (so that some of can book off work ;) )
    And obviously, trying to work a date around everyone who's involved before cementing it.
    Another option is that we could have the session on two days of the week (most likely a Weds and Sat, since ppl are already use to that) where atleast one of the "Ranbats Co-ordinators" is present to record the preceedings.

BTW, as for co-ordinators, if there's a vote going, I vote for kuro and fergus, since both guys know what they're at when it comes to these sort of things :)

(if i can chip in with helping running of anything i gladly will, btw :) )

Also, fair play lads for coming forth with this.

It's a great idea and will certainly improve us as a group.
    :thumbs-up:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'd definitely go to this but I'd only be able to do Saturdays!

I'm the same with Newaglish I am only available on weekends.

Sounds good guys! :)
    Also, regarding the example you gave kuro, i.e. fergus 2-1 vagrant and vagrant gets a point (so, score counts)
    Would that mean the fergus gets 3 points or 5?

I ask because the last time we ran a tournie @ the gamestop in Henry St., I allocated 3 points for a win, and 1 point for every round won.
    That way, ppl. who lose some games can still get some scores.
    It also means that ppl. who lose a good load of games will get placed higher than others depending on how well they did overall.

I like the idea of 1 point per game won, with 1 point for winning a set.
    So to take the example again, Fergus 2-1 Vagrant, points would be;
    Fergus: 3
    Vagrant: 1
    I think the winner of a set getting 5 points might cause a big gap between people who are doing very well overall and people who are winning consistently, but their games are close. The main point should be to win games and play consistently well obviously. By winning a lucky set you'd be up by a potential 5 points vs whoever you just robbed beat. :v

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Hoho let's do it, I'll be available most Saturdays.

How are we gentlemen? :)
    Just back from holidays.
    Kuro Tao wrote: »
    I like the idea of 1 point per game won, with 1 point for winning a set.
    So to take the example again, Fergus 2-1 Vagrant, points would be;
    Fergus: 3
    Vagrant: 1
    I think the winner of a set getting 5 points might cause a big gap between people who are doing very well overall and people who are winning consistently, but their games are close. The main point should be to win games and play consistently well obviously. By winning a lucky set you'd be up by a potential 5 points vs whoever you just robbed beat. :v
    Sorry man, i didn't explain very well.
    I meant that fergus would get 1 point for each game and 3 points for winning the set, so that made it 5 in total (since, he needs to win 2 games to win the set + 3 points FOR winning the set)
    But, i see what you mean about it making a large gap.
    How about, 1 point per game and 2 points for winning the set?
    That way the example would be:
    Fergus 2 - 1 vagrant
    Points tally, fergus 4, vagrant 1?

Also,
    Regarding a time:
    How about every 3rd saturday of the month?
    Since tempest seems to be on the 4th sat of the month, and i'm not aware of anything else which occurs on a 3rd sat of a month?
    That way ppl know what to keep free, and if there's an unavaoidable conflict, something could be arranged in advance.

Please correct me if it conflicts/other suggestions?

• Advertisement

3rd of every Saturday sounds good to me, good to have a regular schedule.

I think that would be okay with me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I'm fine with this idea of it being on the 3rd Saturday of every month. When do you think we can start doing this? Maybe February?

Third Saturday of every month sounds fine. I guess we can start Feb.
    Just to get a concrete enough list of players down, we have:
    Myself
    Fergus
    The Witch
    Skeering
    Jason (Mentioned interest in person)
    Newaglish
    Naphiel (Mentioned interest in person)
    Usurper
    Bento Sento

Does Vagrant know anything about this? I lost his number. Could someone ask him if he'd play?

Edit: If anyone can't make it for any reason and would like to drop out, now is the time!

I'll give vagrant a shout.
    You can include my bro, cardboard fox, in that list also! :)

Any one let Ramza know about this?
    And fergus, what about your housemate dark onion?

And yeah, third sat of feb sounds good :)

I'll let him know although I don't think he has a huge interest in TTT2.

What about Aaron/batman_oh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I would definitely do this although I'm attending college down in Limerick. :(

I think Aaron works like most Saturdays, but we should tell him!

@ Glitzko I thought you were residing in the north? :0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Offaly man skeering! GGS to all yesterday btw. If anyones up for some later (PSN) let me know!

So I assume that the 3rd Saturday of every month is settled now. The only question is are we starting this in February?

• Advertisement

If we start February, we're looking at starting on the 16th.

I'm fine with that.

One other issue is the pot, if we all chip in an additional euro on top of our console fees, we're looking at making about a tenner towards pot each time. 5 Sessions would mean 50 euro split between top three. Not really worth it IMO.
    I have another suggestion. If we chip in two euros a head, we'll effectively double the amount for the pot, OR:
    We chip in two euros a head, one euro goes toward overall pot and one euro goes toward pot for that day. At the end of the day, the person who played the best overall takes the cash. Winner takes all, no split pot.
    Overall pot would be as normal, it accumulates and the winner at the end of it all takes the cash. No split.
    Ideas? Suggestions?

List update:
    Myself
    Fergus
    The Witch
    Skeering
    Jason (Mentioned interest in person)
    Newaglish
    Naphiel (Mentioned interest in person)
    Usurper
    Bento Sento
    Cardboard Fox

You can add V@grant to the list :)

I'm not concerned about the money.
    Whatever ppl decide i'm sure I'll be fine with.
    I'm doing this for the experience, fun, and enjoyment of the game.

So, some suggestions;
    If we say started casual play @ 3, we could get the "ranbats" going @ 4/4.30, or whatever.
    Just think ppl would want to get some warm-up games beforehand.

I'm sure we'll be applying the normal rules for tournament play?
    Anyone want changes/clarification?

Everything that Usurper has down sounds solid. If people head in around 3 we will have plenty of time.

Just a final check, is everyone definitely going to be able to make it this Saturday?

Everything that Usurper has down sounds solid. If people head in around 3 we will have plenty of time.

Just a final check, is everyone definitely going to be able to make it this Saturday?

I will definitely be there at 3 on sat

I'll be there anyway.
    :)

Me too at whatever time is settled

So what's the story with this? When does it start?

Well I will be in around 3 or 4. So if people show up around then we can get the show running by the latest 5 o clock.

Get ready, see u tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Prepared for this by playing Marvel and SFxT, I'm so ready.

Advertisement