Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Foundation Recommendation

• 17-01-2013 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Just looking for input from anyone on a type of foundation - I'm planning to pop into House of Fraser on Friday to get some advice on a new foundation, but obviously there is no sales person that can just tell me what brand to get :) I'll have to go to a specific brand!

I get quite oily skin, and find that make up tends to slide off my face easily, and looks quite shiny on me! I also have very thirsty skin which drinks in foundation and gets dry quite easily!

I avoid make up as much as possible but when I do need it, I'd like maximum coverage (I used to use a Pan Stick but it was not working with my oily skin), essentially full coverage and one that I can wear day or night. I used to wear L'Oreal Foundation with Serum Inside and I liked that.

I was thinking of looking at Mac as a brand, and the Studio Fix Fluid foundation,but if anyone has any other recommendations, that won't necessarily break the bank, that would be great! Would rather pay a little bit more for something that would be value for money though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Vichy Dermablend or take a look at the Lancome foundations, Teint Ultra 24hr is great for oilier skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

I have quite oily skin and use Estee lauder double wear everyday, I never have to touch it up looks the exact same at the end of the day as when I put it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I love love loreal infallible it doesn;t budge off your skin brilliant stuff.

I tried double wear but just didn't love it on me I am not sure why because I love it on everyone else and have also converted my mum to wearing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Sounds like you have the EXACT same skin as me. I never really liked Studio Fix, I have to say.

Lancome Teint Idole 24 hour is fantastic, and has the most gorgeous texture.

Mid-range, No.7 Stay Perfect is also very good. I haven't worn Double Wear in years. Last time I tried it, I found the coverage too heavy - it was like stage make-up. It certainly doesn't budge, though, and I may give it another go next time I'm replacing my foundation, as I find I'm definitely needing more coverage as the years go by... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

EL Double Wear is great (also available in "light" in case it is too heavy for you).

Dior and YSL also have some lovely foundations, can't think of name at the mo (but I'm sure assistants will help you there!).

Just a quick note - I have super dry skin and have found some Mac foundations make me shiny (in a not so good way) so make sure you buy one for your skin type. It was very strange because usually I have the opposite problem of having patchy foundations due to the dryness of my skin. A few people I know said the same, in that some Mac stuff made them oily or shiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I wouldn't recommend Studio Fix. It is quite heavy (good coverage though) and has broken a few of us oily-skinned folk out badly, I had twice as much cystic acne due to that foundation while I was using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Has to be Clinique. They have a great range. I don't have oily skin myself but defo worth your while going in, they have really nice staff as well, and don't be afraid to get second opinion another day if you need time to decide.

Check out Chanel as well.

Advertisement