Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surgical membership exams

Options
  • 17-01-2013 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm just starting on my medical rotations and it's looking like this six months will be a tad quieter than surgery and so, having applied to the surgical scheme, I'm planning on sitting MRCS Part A in April.

I was just wondering if anyone here would have any advice/tips and book recomendations ?

(and yes it's already been suggested that I sit the MRCPI instead :) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

GradMed wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm just starting on my medical rotations and it's looking like this six months will be a tad quieter than surgery and so, having applied to the surgical scheme, I'm planning on sitting MRCS Part A in April.

I was just wondering if anyone here would have any advice/tips and book recomendations ?

(and yes it's already been suggested that I sit the MRCPI instead :) )

Just get a question bank, PasTest do a good one, and rock through the questions there. You'll find your weak spots there and you can supplement with book knowledge. The surgical part As are piss easy compared to the Medical ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

GradMed wrote: »
    it's already been suggested that I sit the MRCPI instead :)

I honestly don't get this.

You've applied to train to be a surgeon. Why would someone advise you to do MRCPI instead? :confused:

There was an SHO whose team I was on last year and they had a great book. I'll try and think what it was and get back to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Maybe because the medical rotations are quieter!:cool: No idea about the exam, I'm old school!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

I honestly don't get this.

You've applied to train to be a surgeon. Why would someone advise you to do MRCPI instead? :confused:
    yeah, that was just a joke :)

Thanks everyone.
    Hopefully my brain can handle learning again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sandyb

Hello,

I have tried to do the MRCS Part A a good few times and I am really struggling to pass. I am looking for some advice as this is causing me a big problem.

I would appreciate if you could share your advice,

Thanks,

sb

• Advertisement
Advertisement