Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Met Eireann Related Go in Here (MOD NOTE #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

For all the people who give out about the ME Yellow or Orange warnings claiming it's hype, this is what can happen in an Orange warning area, and why it's important for everyone to respect the warnings.

Which makes me think whether a school bus should be driving at all under an Orange wind warning...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thanks for this and so often folk assume that only red and maybe orange are dangerous.Wind is a powerful force to be respected. Thtat photo makes the blood run cold. Terrifying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another one on tonight's 9.30 broadcast "Christmas Night "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

And the Met Eireann gremlins strike again.... tonight's 9.30 forecast.

Edited:

Oscar Bravo just beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Strikes again tonight they showed Tuesdays chart tonight they really are careless or just dont care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

I don't know where to start with the tabloid media's coverage of our weather. We know weather stories are used for clickbait but this one is up there with the donut polar vortex headline from last week.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Met Eireann really need to start publicly rebuking/challeging this sort of sh*t!

People read this sort of guff then give out about Met Eireann's forecasts being 'wrong'!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ME website down. No radar on website or app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

That’s possibly the worst one I’ve seen yet. The only way to stop it is to fine them for utter shite like that.

For the love of...

Will ME ever fix the location bug on the android app? It constantly resets to Dublin. Has done for years! 😤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It keeps resetting itself out of Dublin on me!

I have 3 locations that I've used - I live in Dublin so that's the one I would most use/ would have as my default, but the fecking thing won't stay there no matter how often I set it 🙄

That's crazy! The old ME desktop website used to do the same for me. But seems fixed in the new one (but with no current conditions on the homepage!). Android widget always says Dublin, until I click refresh.

SO annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ever since the bit of an update a couple of months ago I haven't been getting Warning notifications. Cleared cache/data/Uninstalled/Reinstalled from scratch many times but no joy.

Android Samsung S20+5G

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Has the met.ie site changed once again? For years, i could use it and get my local townland (kilmalkedar) forecast. Now, when I launched it yesterday, I had been switched to Dublin, and could not find kilmalkedar in the search.

Could it be a database update on met.ie just plain dropped a bunch of locations? FWIW, herself could never get kilmalkedar on her computer and we live in the same house! Seems odd I can get other nearby locations, but not the one I've used for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Press release from Met Eireann on a new radar for Shannon. Finally!

Met Éireann is replacing the weather radar at Shannon Airport

• Work to install a new weather radar system is starting this month 

Met Éireann, the Irish National Meteorological Service, has announced that it is replacing the weather radar located at Shannon Airport to install a brand-new weather radar system with upgraded technology and capabilities.

The Shannon weather radar is part of the national weather radar network, which currently consists of two weather radars, one located at Shannon Airport and the other at Dublin Airport. This weather radar network provides a steady stream of information 24 hours a day, 365 days a year via the Met Éireann website and app and is used to provide information on the location and intensity of precipitation across Ireland. The new weather radar system in Shannon will provide enhanced precipitation measurement capabilities. This will result in benefits for Met Éireann forecasting services and for the rainfall radar maps offered to the public.

Replacement work is starting in May and is expected to be completed by autumn 2023. During this period there will be a modified radar service in the South and West of the country, with a temporary weather radar system operating from Co. Cork. Throughout the radar replacement, Met Éireann’s forecasting services will continue as normal.

Sarah Gallagher, Head of the Observations Division in Met Éireann, said: “As part of our continual improvement, Met Éireann looks forward to delivering this state-of-the-art weather radar that will serve the South-West and national public for many years to come with high quality precipitation observations. Ireland’s weather radar data is fundamental to the provision of accurate forecasts and weather warnings, supporting emergency management and the protection of life and property.”

Further updates will be available as the project progress via the Met Éireann website www.met.ie

www.x.com/wolfeeire

The modified radar looks hopeless. This is going to be a long summer. I wish they could of left the old one up until the new was ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Looks like they are not feeding the data from the temporary radar in Cork to netweather or the UK met office (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I suspect that the temporary radar station maybe located at Moorepark. I set up a thread to discuss the replacement of the Shannon Radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

If they're replacing it, how could they leave the 'old one up'?

Build it next to the old one? I would of hoped that they would have a solution that wouldn't leave the West in the dark. But given Shannon's history, I doubt that it figured as a priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Would you spend several weeks wroking right beside a huge source of microwave radiation?????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just needed joanna to say scorchio on this evenings weather forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭squonk

Was it just me or was Michelle Dillon out of focus on the forecasts yesterday? I had to check my eyesight as sage seemed quite blurred but tge chart behind her was crystal clear. I thought I was going crazy. Maybe things in RTE are worse than we thought! 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Noticed that too, I thought my eyes were gone all blurry😀 Mentioned also the Atmospheric river situation of heavy rain being brought up close to or over parts of the country for the weekend, looks like most of it staying off shore and the Atlantic seaboard counties getting the most of it but not as bad as earlier charts, still one to watch, could get some high totals by Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

So... What's up with seven locations not giving out readings at the moment..?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,268 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Met Éireann has pinpointed the week of August 21 to August 27 for the glorious weather

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Some movement, wonder whats taken them this long to get the unit in.

Anyone else finding their site slow to load or refresh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Indeed, every other site fine. Excess traffic viewing warnings?

• Advertisement

Advertisement