Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Met Eireann Related Go in Here (MOD NOTE #1)

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I love how when Met Eireann made the app, they asked us for our feedback, then didn't take any of it on board.

Why is my default location set to Dublin every time I enter the app? I'm in Dublin maybe once a year. Completely useless information. Why can't you set a default location!

App also loves to crash and malfunction in fun ways. It's not the worst app in fairness, it's just the few minor issues which have never been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭cml387

The App defaults to my location for me anyway. I know this because when I was on holidays in Italy it moved the map to Italy and pointed out I was outside the forecast area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I tried mine just now and it defaults to my location (Limerick) no problem.

Have you checked your phone's GPS is on and permissions switched on in your phone security settings? Check if the app is up to date also.

The location works, at times, however sometimes the app instantly says "location not found" and defaults to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭batistuta9

it's defaulting there as it's not picking up location from your phone. like others have said he you checked settings? 'location not found' would indicate something isn't right there

anyway you don't actually need location enabled, just search for it manually & it'll open there from then on. you can even switch between saved searches & it open on the last one viewed

• Advertisement

Phone settings are fine, it'll work one minute then 5 minutes later it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Radar seem to have gotten worse especially around Waterford City. Rain is persistent here for most of the day and heavy enough at the moment but it's not registering on the radar and just saying 5% chance of rain. Radar on Netweather.tv which hasn't been updated for the nw Shannon Radar is not far off the same as Met.ie for the area. There needs to be a proper weather station for the area and a radar for the south east to cover for the Comeragh Mountains etc.

Advertisement