Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anone else finding PC version of FIFA 13 unplayable?

Options
  • 17-01-2013 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

*Anyone - duh.

For about two weeks now, I've been unable to play the game at all, due to crash after crash. I've been trying to contact EA on their forums, and elsewhere, but have received no useful advice. Anyway, here's my problem in detail:

95% of the time, FIFA 13 will crash just before a game. The other 5% of the time, it will crash in menus or it will let me start a game and crash shortly after. Once, it actually let me play and finish a game, then crashed at full time (this happened when I ran as admin, but other times when I did this made no difference).

Having followed all the instructions highlighted here, I am out of ideas.

My Nvidia Ge Force GT 520M hardware is fully updated and capable of playing other games (that are more intensive than Fifa).

Windows 7 is updated.

I have no unusual names. My laptop is simply called "Lenovo" and my username is "Carl".

I have both "repair installed" via Origin, and completely re-installed the game repeatedly.

I have tried playing in windowed mode instead of full screen.

Still, it crashes. Again and again. The game is completely unplayable. It happens in Seasons, Career, FUT... everything.

If anyone can offer anything other than "update your drivers", that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

From what I've heard the crash when you play games if due to hackers/cheaters/bots. Not heard of the menu problems but the PC version of Fifa is known to be unstable in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Yeah I understand hackers can do that, but this has gone from happening maybe once in every 30 games to happening every single game.

It has progressed to the point where I'm now able to play for about 45 seconds at times, and then it crashes. Which is worse actually, because now my DNF record is being slaughtered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Bumping for help.

Advertisement