Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auto organise software

• 17-01-2013 4:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

elven wrote: »
    "Is there any way to recover images i deleted?"

I use this software to recover files when a memory card messes up and need re-formatting.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

I find that it recovers more than others I have tried, but it can also produce hundreds of versions of the same photo.

Is anyone aware of (preferably free) software that can auto organise lots of photos?

1. Organise by date, the date embedded in the photo not the recover create date.
    2. Unlikely to find, especially in free software, but one that will delete all but one copy of each unique file.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

If you're using Windows, you can sort a directory with alot more fields then you think.. (then it shows by default at least)

On the explorer window of the directory, go to View -> Choose Details, and check additional boxes to add more fields. The one in particular it sounds like you're looking for is 'Date Picture Taken'

Results are going to vary depending on the format of the picture (whether Windows can read out the meta data from the file itself), so some fields may just remain blank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Nice one Wossack! That works really well! So now I can sort the photos by actual date rather than the recovery date! This has helped me a lot! There is loads of information available to Windows with regard to the photo files. I owe you a favour! ;)

Advertisement