Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Very light powder falling in the City Center (Pearse Street) for the last hour or so.

Looks like the Dublin City folk maybe covered by the "Isle of Anglesey Shadow" from these streamers.

237234.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Light snow and graupel on and off all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Sky news shows the snow getting as far as us (SE) monday 0600 hr :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

cargo wrote: »

Any update on Dungiven area? Might have to head up Benbradagh way a bit later today

Not actually there at the minute, but apparently its much the same as yesterday morning. On the way there now so I'll post if there's anything radical :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Lots of snow falling all morning in dublin mountains about 10 mins from rathfarnham. Really deep in places....great to live near Dublin mountains....always guaranteed loads of snow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Supercell wrote: »
    Updated Taf for Dublin airport, interesting!

TAF EIDW 201100Z 2012/2112 10015KT 9999 SCT020 BKN040
    TEMPO 2018/2112 3000 -RASN BKN007 BKN018
    PROB40
    TEMPO 2101/2109 3000 -SN BKN004

Translation - light sleet from 18:00 with a decent chance of it turning to light snow later on in the night (from 01:00)
    Wind direction (ESE) keeps south Co Dublin mostly out of the fun zone before then.

Things should start getting interesting in the east around 3am.

ukpcpcld18blend.png

And more interesting by 6am.

ukpcpcld21blend.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Teeny tiny snow in Ballyfermot, not convinced those clouds are snow clouds though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oscar_00123

Light snow shower just outside Carlow.. Very fine snow, lasted all of 2 minutes!

jo06555 wrote: »
    Sky news shows the snow getting as far as us (SE) monday 0600 hr :confused:

There could be some light amounts that get that far east but these things can often be weaker than the models expect. Should get an idea how its going from watching the radar tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Light snow here too, 3.0C/-0.3C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

irishfeen wrote: »
    Currently 1 degC, 80% humidity and tendency just after changing from cloudy to precipitation on the weather station readout in N. Co.Cork (approx 615ft/187m ASL)

Ooooh... Maq is right, them's snow conditions!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The Dublin, wicklow mountains seem to be sucking the precipitation out of the showers before they reach my area

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Light snow in bray , not sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Delighted for all who are seeing some snow... not here in Waterford sun out and temp on the rise currently 3.9c, DP 0.2c :(

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Things should start getting interesting in the east around 3am.

ukpcpcld18blend.png

And more interesting by 6am.

ukpcpcld21blend.png
    Taught tonight was to me more a south event what's changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Small bits of snow starting to fall in the Dublin 5/13 area. Very patchy on off.

ZX7R wrote: »
    The Dublin, wicklow mountains seem to be sucking the precipitation out of the showers before they reach my area

Yeah it's very weak stuff at the moment. Drizzle, snizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'm very impressed with the Irish Sea today. It's even managing some light showers in the Anglesey shadow. Should be interesting later.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

dacogawa wrote: »
    The Irish sea has really come to life! had a bit of grapul here about 15 mins ago, all the dew points seem to be good so I think it's a 'stick your head out the window day' toady ;)

At least we're now looking at radar rather than checking the maps 48 hours + out!

1 of my pictures from 3 rock yesterday, well worth a visit if your near it
    E6FA0924316E4A0490ADB513A0414216-0000354423-0003134625-00800L-B4743626F307468381259AA96946A586.jpg

That looks brilliant. What are the roads like around there?

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Taught tonight was to me more a south event what's changed?

Yeah it is, was just talking about the east in that reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Overcast with intermittent rain/sleet here near Cork airport for last while at 2deg. Not sure whats going to make that drop enough for snowfall....... Expect cold rain tonight :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Nedbor is showing precipitation over Donegal tonight, any chance that will be snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

sky showing snow at 6 in the morning for dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Snowing here in Dublin 3.

fisab wrote: »
    Overcast with intermittent rain/sleet here near Cork airport for last while at 2deg. Not sure whats going to make that drop enough for snowfall....... Expect cold rain tonight :-(

Dew point temps could be very marginal there tonight. I'd be expecting sleet and maybe wet snow at times in the city there. North of the county should see snow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Light hail shower here in Dundalk at the moment.

Temp 2.6, DP 0.8

Some nice stuff bubbling up in the Irish Sea and heading into the Louth/Meath area like last night.

ITS SNOWING HERE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Pangea wrote: »
    ITS SNOWING HERE :D

Ninja snow? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Yeah it's very weak stuff at the moment. Drizzle, snizzle.
    That chart you posted maq for tonight about the east,was looking at the will it rain today radar ,looks like the front is crossing over to us more quickly to my eyes ,do you think it will pick up more moisture crossing the Irish sea? Hopefully that was what you were talking about

• Advertisement

Rougies wrote: »
    Ninja snow? :p

hell yeah, creeped up on me big time ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement