Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

wintry conditions forecast for the whole east till wednesday according to the farming forecast
    that must be the strangest forecast (after thurs) I've ever seen.
    I even rewound it to watch it again, She said milder next weekend "but still a risk of snow if the rain turns persistent" ........ "less cold with still a risk of snow" (a contradiction?) ....... the chart at the end showed a very mild 12c southwesterly with "temperatures recovering ever so slightly" :confused:
    * I am not having a go at ME or any of their forecasters, I never have and I'm not going to start now but it's clear that next weekend is still uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Hope the East gets loads.... Bring it on!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

barney 20v wrote: »
    For certain area only ...
    Most of east coast including dublin and then parts of Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest radar showing front over Wales hitting Irish sea and gaining strength. Next few grabs should be very interesting. Could be an interesting evening. Hopefully we can keep the neg dewpoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Most of east coast including dublin and then parts of Munster
    As I previously said...certain areas only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Light rain/sleet here in arklow :( ..... Looks like we'll miss out on any snow :( .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Last two radar shots show a bit of organised precipitation forming off west Welsh coast. Will be interesting to see if it gets across to here.:)

Here in Meath we've had light snow flakes blowing in the wind all day. It gave a temporary covering this morning but nothing like that since.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Sleet recorded at Cork Airport at 13:00. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Light hail in blanchardstown for about 3 minutes. That's as exciting as its gotten i.e. not very

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

For certain area only ...
    At start of farming forecast she said amber for parts of country she never mentioned any where pacific

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Latest radar showing front over Wales hitting Irish sea and gaining strength. Next few grabs should be very interesting. Could be an interesting evening. Hopefully we can keep the neg dewpoints.

Did you know the 4km UK4 model is available online? Only saw it for the first time last night.

Controls in bottom left.
    http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

ZX7R wrote: »
    At start of farming forecast she said amber for parts of country she never mentioned any where pacific
    Met eireann prob don't do forecasts for the pacific area though??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sleet recorded at Cork Airport at 13:00. :)

I see that as progress. This evenings event has always been rain to snow at best. Starting as sleet in the middle of the day is a promising start me thinks. The quoted dew points in the south west sound promising too.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

I see that as progress. This evenings event has always been rain to snow at best. Starting as sleet in the middle of the day is a promising start me thinks. The quoted dew points in the south west sound promising too.

Only 2C as well. Still, lets not jinx the cold spell before it happens. ;)

We are back to level 2 Lady's and gentlemen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Love the last frame from raintoday :)

That percip is getting organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Did you know the 4km UK4 model is available online? Only saw it for the first time last night.

Controls in bottom left.
    http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

Wow, that's interesting for east coast tmrw morning :D

Met eireann prob don't do forecasts for the pacific area though??? ;)
    Regional would be as local as they would go

Only 2C as well. Still, lets not jinx the cold spell before it happens. ;)

Here's the problem for places close to the south coast tonight. DP expected to rise above 0 as the precip is arriving.

13012021_2006.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fairly persistant light snow shower here now - light snow rather than graupel.

1.8c DP -0.5c

• Advertisement

ZX7R wrote: »
    Regional would be as local as they would go
    I think you need to check your sarcasm filter.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Saganist wrote: »
    Love the last frame from raintoday :)

That percip is getting organised.

Yeah, intensifying around Anglesey...wonder what will happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Moderate graupel here, surfaces turning white but will thaw away quickly once it stops. 3.3C/-0.4C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Had 2 moderate graupel showers in last 45 mins. Developments around Anglesey look interesting, wonder if that organised precipitation makes it here...

What you reckon dub and east coast will get wc

I think you need to check your sarcasm filter.....;)
    Yea that went over my head, f#####g Iespell told me to put the wrong word in:D:p:rolleyes:

patneve2 wrote: »
    Had 2 moderate graupel showers in last 45 mins. Developments around Anglesey look interesting, wonder if that organised precipitation makes it here...

Later tonight and tomorrow morning it will, yes.

Later tonight and tomorrow morning it will, yes.
    What is it expected to bring , more heavy rain or what we have been waiting for snow :)

Wow, that's interesting for east coast tmrw morning :D

Could be yeah. The dark blue is very light stuff though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

That precipitation off Wales looks to be headlined toward northern Ireland. But someone said the wind is to change later to put this on the east coast. Anyone confirm this? Dublin here, clondalkin.

Clondalkin in Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement