Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What you reckon dub and east coast will get wc

Think most of the precip will be light but i am hopeful for a few cm's on the ground for the greater Dublin region by morning.

Latest radar would indicate light snow is possible in Dublin by 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

What is it expected to bring , more heavy rain or what we have been waiting for snow :)

We'll just have to wait and see. Might be more sleety/wet snow along the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Think most of the precip will be light but i am hopeful for a few cm's on the ground for the greater Dublin region by morning.

sounds good, im on the shankill bray boarder , so heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Precipitation really seems to be kicking off around holyhead, could be fun here in 3-4 hours!

That precipitation off Wales looks to be headlined toward northern Ireland. But someone said the wind is to change later to put this on the east coast. Anyone confirm this? Dublin here, clondalkin.

Press play in the bottom left corner. Shoud give you a rough idea of how things should look over the next 36 hours.

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rrrrrrrrraaaaaaammmmmppppp! :D

Hopecast....but I do hope you're right.

Fairly persistant light showers onging here, bringing temp down but DP up a little.

1.5c DP -0.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Snow in johnnie foxs

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow in johnnie foxs

In Johnnie Foxes! :eek: Must be even deeper outside Johnnie Foxes? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Raintoday forecast based on what's developing off the coast of Wales right now, very encouraging for later on on the east coast!

Just to note that raintoday mode doesn't handle additional precipitation picked up off the Irish Sea in the forecast mode very well, just what is there from the last frame of real time, so could there be potential for this to be even more snow?

Tense times, so close! I was glued to this radar in late 2010 when we'd all given up hope at times and out of nowhere, hours of heavy snow came.

ZlmE3TS.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

allowing proper snow to fall. This looks set to continue into tomorrow morning.

My latest % probability is just 1mm, down from 10mm yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

webradar3201301201345.png

Nice plume off Anglesea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

What's the chances for Lucan/celbridge/leixlip? We're not coast so I'm afraid to hope....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Trogdor wrote: »
    Precipitation really seems to be kicking off around holyhead, could be fun here in 3-4 hours!
    I see that,a case of careful what you wish for Bray :D

Continuous graupel at times here which is now settling but nobody need call mountain rescue or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Temps at Johnnie fox according to car was -1.5c !! But only sleet falling

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Trogdor wrote: »

i see your location is bray, same as me, could we get a few cm's

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Currently snowing in Ballydesmond, Co. Cork. Temp +1.5C

EDIT: Stopped. :( Roll on tonight :D

EDIT2: Back again. It's a bit like the fairy lights in that Christmas Father Ted episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Press play in the bottom left corner. Shoud give you a rough idea of how things should look over the next 36 hours.

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php
    Cheers pal ;-)

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

garyha wrote: »
    Raintoday forecast based on what's developing off the coast of Wales right now, very encouraging for later on on the east coast!

Just to note that raintoday mode doesn't handle additional precipitation picked up off the Irish Sea in the forecast mode very well, just what is there from the last frame of real time, so could there be potential for this to be even more snow?

Tense times, so close! I was glued to this radar in late 2010 when we'd all given up hope at times and out of nowhere, hours of heavy snow came.

ZlmE3TS.png
    So the north/east to get blasted again it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Was taking a break watching the rugby and come back to this! BOOM in the Irish Sea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Rougies wrote: »
    Was taking a break watching the rugby and come back to this! BOOM in the Irish Sea :D

It looks good doesn't it. Lets hope temps/DP's stay low enough.

Might even get to make a snowman after all this waiting.. :D

• Advertisement

I think there will be plenty of precip coming into the northeast/east coast later this evening into Monday morning. Between that and what will/wont be happening down in the southwest at the same time I expect this forum will be on fire. There will be tears of joy and tears of sadness. Strap yerselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Rougies wrote: »

Sssshhhh, don't be shouting

That trip to the pub was a late one and I'm a bit delicate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

garyha wrote: »

ZlmE3TS.png

This gets :-

237253.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chucky Norris

how far can those streamers get inland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

bgffpzK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Supercell wrote: »
    This gets :-

237253.jpg

Don't count our chickens (dublin anyhow, don't kill me non-dubs!)

The latest forecast has more precipitation, but it's gone a bit further north!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Its been snowing/graupelling/hailing lightly here in D6 for the last half hour or so, feels very cold outside too! None of it stuck though.Hope that radar for the east is right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

t|nt|n wrote: »

Heavy graupel/snow shower in blanch. Just back from dublin mountains 20 mins from house.
    Kids tobaggoning all morning. It never stopped snowing either....up by sally gap- now that I went up there there are apparently 5 and 6 foot drifts but then again that is very common up there.

Will upload pics thus evening or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

DP of -2here now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

t|nt|n wrote: »

Heavy graupel/snow shower in blanch. Just back from dublin mountains 20 mins from house.
    Kids tobaggoning all morning. It never stopped snowing either....up by sally gap- now that I went up there there are apparently 5 and 6 foot drifts but then again that is very common up there.

Will upload pics thus evening or tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement