Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Its been snowing/graupelling/hailing lightly here in D6 for the last half hour or so, feels very cold outside too! None of it stuck though.Hope that radar for the east is right:D

yup ive had the exact same just outside shankill

• Registered Users Posts: 32 missfarmer

Snowing in north west Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Sssshhhh, don't be shouting

That trip to the pub was a late one and I'm a bit delicate :(

I was one in Naas last night so I know how you feel. I left about 1.30 and it was snowing a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

DP of -2here now :)

Hopefully we will get something but it is 1.4C where I am at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Lucreto wrote: »
    I was one in Naas last night so I know how you feel. I left about 1.30 and it was snowing a little bit.

I didn't make it home till 7 this morning :( I blame Graces

If it did snow I can't remember it ! :pac:

• Advertisement

If you want to see snow stick on the Clelsea v Arsenal game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

IF i didnt have to fecking STUDY for 2 exams this week id be heading up the mountains for photos right now!!!!!!

crying-baby.jpg

Not gettin too excited just yet but that band coming across BETTER give me SOME sort of fix for now! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

missfarmer wrote: »

Thats only a teaser for what you'll likely get later tonight. Northwest cork probably one of the best place to be for snow chances at the moment.

fontenoy7 wrote: »

Heavy graupel/snow shower in blanch. Just back from dublin mountains 20 mins from house.
    Kids tobaggoning all morning. It never stopped snowing either....up by sally gap- now that I went up there there are apparently 5 and 6 foot drifts but then again that is very common up there.

Will upload pics thus evening or tomorrow.

How are the roads up to there? Reckon a standard front wheel drive car would handle it ok? Don't have the Defender 110 in Dublin at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Graupel falling again (suncroft),breeze has picked up also

• Advertisement

Thats only a teaser for what you'll likely get later tonight. Northwest cork probably one of the best place to be for snow chances at the moment.

I hope leahyl has an emergency diffribulator on hand for later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

I guess Cork city and the towns around the harbour are only likely to see miserable rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Our poor little island is getting attacked by two fronts moving in from both sides at the same time, and they're both full of snow. Not often you see that, if ever!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Stopped here now, although very little fell.

Tonight seems to be the real chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

will the front arriving from the south west produce snow in mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Rougies wrote: »
    Our poor little island is getting attacked by two fronts moving in from both sides at the same time, and they're both full of snow. Not often you see that, if ever!
    And Wexford /Waterford/Kilkenny/Carlow/laois are just going to miss out on both fronts....so frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Or an umbrella? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Yeah I'm not getting excited about that band either. Raintoday predictive radar isn't accurate at all. I feel that the band will take a slightly different track and hit N Dublin/Meath/Louth and NI. Just my take on this but could be wrong (I hope). Later tonight looks good though

Met E forecast for 4pm:

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32 missfarmer

We’re in a tizzy of excitment here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chucky Norris

Rougies wrote: »

and it looks like im in the middle of it missing out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

brian_rbk wrote: »
    That looks brilliant. What are the roads like around there?

Sorry for late reply, Roads were fine up to setpaside & a bit beyond yesterday, only got heavy near the top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

barney 20v wrote: »
    And Wexford /Waterford/Kilkenny/Carlow/laois are just going to miss out on both fronts....so frustrating!

I wouldn't give up hope just yet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ulysses_cohen

What is the 24 hour projection for suburban Dublin? Will we get any accumulations?

Unlike most folks in this forum, I dislike snow because of the disruption it causes. So, in many ways, my delight is your disappointment, and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Absolutely nothing here in Wicklow Town, best we've had was light sleet last night for a few minutes :( After the extreme flooding on Friday a lot of us want either a winter wonderland, or for this cold to go away altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

We’re in a tizzy of excitment here

Are you up high or near ballydesmond?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Temperature after increasing to 2 degC, humidity down to 79% here in N.Cork ... Good or bad sign I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The location mentioned is over twenty miles away. leahyl is in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Interesting percip gaining strength on the Irish Sea.
    Sitting here in the east waiting for it to arrive now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

Gettin ery dark here now. Been snowing ost of the morning but none sticking. Just started full on snowing now. Big flakes at last. Temp is hovering from 1 to 0. Was around Dromore this morning and they have a lot of snow on ground still. The ploughs were out on the roads on fri night. 10 mins up the road from me and absolutely none here. The Mournes are plastered as are the S Armagh hills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement