Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 missfarmer

Are you up high or near ballydesmond?

Both munsterlegend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

kn2k10 wrote: »
    Interesting percip gaining strength on the Irish Sea.
    Sitting here in the east waiting for it to arrive now. :)

Thats assuming it doesn't veer northwards towards NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Iancar29 wrote: »
    IF i didnt have to fecking STUDY for 2 exams this week id be heading up the mountains for photos right now!!!!!!

Not gettin too excited just yet but that band coming across BETTER give me SOME sort of fix for now! ha

Here's a fix for you Ian http://photos5.pix.ie/E6/FA/E6FA0924316E4A0490ADB513A0414216-0000354423-0003134625-00800L-B4743626F307468381259AA96946A586.jpg it's lovely up there, do you not think a walk in the cold air might help you study ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

irishfeen wrote: »
    Temperature after increasing to 2 degC, humidity down to 79% here in N.Cork ... Good or bad sign I wonder?

That's good. Temps were predicted to be around 4C and they haven't climbed above 2C for the most part. At least in my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Maq, do you know how often the UKMO high res rolls out? Same as the global?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

For what it's worth, Raintoday forecast is now not very good for anything south of louth.

EmyqGsX.png

I'm getting away from the computer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Snowing again in Ballydesmond. Looks like it'll be very light on and off for a while. Nothing accumulating yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

any chance of snow in sligo tonight/tomorrow? could do with a day off college tomorrow haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

garyha wrote: »
    For what it's worth, Raintoday forecast is now not very good for anything south of louth.

EmyqGsX.png

that site is always wrong

garyha wrote: »

Yeah I can see that happening too unfortunately for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ulysses_cohen

It's moving north, it's moving north...music to my ears!!

Looking forward to a snow free drive to work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Had the kids out the park this morning and only in,big difference from 11.30 ish this morning til now,quite a nip in the air and the sky looks fairly dark...fingers crossed,could do with working at home tomorrow:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Rougies wrote: »
    Maq, do you know how often the UKMO high res rolls out? Same as the global?

The runs are 03Z, 09Z, 15Z, 21Z. The 15Z should be out around 6pm I think, only saw it for the first time last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone know what the M2 bouy is doing dew point wise, cant find link with updated data.
    Am not liking the way the dew point is trending here (red line) :-

temp.png

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The runs are 03Z, 09Z, 15Z, 21Z. The 15Z should be out around 6pm I think, only saw it for the first time last night.

Whats all this now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

1.8C here with DP at -2C.

Dan :)

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Whats all this now ?

You have to be in the secret club :p

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php ;)

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Whats all this now ?

UK4 model. 3x better resolution than the NAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

So where's this gathering plume going? W? WNW? NW? Will it gain energy over the Irish sea? Will it lose it? All questions will answered in the next couple of hours! :pac::pac:

screenshv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

irishgeo wrote: »
    will the front arriving from the south west produce snow in mayo?
    Yes we are in line for some snow.How much is another question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That's good. Temps were predicted to be around 4C and they haven't climbed above 2C for the most part. At least in my location.
    Yeah it's bitterly cold here all day long, 2 deg is the highest is been all day. I'm south west of Mallow so if its snowing in Ballydesmond we should be expecting it soon enough.

Nice big persip heading east from north Wales on the radar now, hope it holds together...

I'm not sure what to make of this frontal precip in the Irish sea. Could be more of a hindrance than a help. It will interfere with the formation of streamers (in the next couple of hours anyway), and is likely to have lower DPs involved with it too. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Getting very excited now, hoping precipitation falls as snow in Limerick still have a gut feeling we will see rain or sleet

irishfeen wrote: »
    Yeah it's bitterly cold here all day long, 2 deg is the highest is been all day. I'm south west of Mallow so if its snowing in Ballydesmond we should be expecting it soon enough.

It's only very light stuff on the radar at the moment. Long way to go.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to make of this frontal precip in the Irish sea. Could be more of a hindrance than a help.

I know! Could be a repeat of Friday although DP at M2 is -0.6c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

flanzer wrote: »
    So where's this gathering plume going? W? WNW? NW? Will it gain energy over the Irish sea? Will it lose it? All questions will answered in the next couple of hours! :pac::pac:

screenshv.png
    Its connected to the low over southern Britain, so heading NNW.
    That's Louth Down and Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Funzone in red is my hopeforecast:-

237254.png

Thanks to flanzer

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

It's only very light stuff on the radar at the moment. Long way to go.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    Yeah we will see about 6-9pm what's really going to happen.

• Advertisement

whitebriar wrote: »
    Its connected to the low over southern Britain, so heading NNW.
    That's Louth Down and Antrim.

Not sure about that, it seems to be caught in an east wind (looks like it the last 30 mins) sure we'll see in an hour or 2!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement