Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Currently 3.1 degrees in South kerry.
    No precip at all today but will update at any sign of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

dacogawa wrote: »
    Not sure about that, it seems to be caught in an east wind (looks like it the last 30 mins) sure we'll see in an hour or 2!

Should start to tilt more to the east but not until later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

More snow for the north-east then :(

Bertser wrote: »
    More snow for the north-east then :(

Time to move Roman's Yacht? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Wet snow now here in Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Sure we haven't seem any snow on the north east yet

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

If possible yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light snow again.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Temp rising here in D3 - 3.3 degrees up from 2.7 a half hour ago.

DP is at -1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

From what i can see the Net weather radar doesn't look that promising for the Dublin area
    ME looks a bit better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

There's a f*ckload of birds out at the moment stocking up and looking for worms. Could be a sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Dublin is going to miss out on that band making its way over. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow grains here all morning, all the forecasts and charts are showing that snow out of wales to make a direct hit on Louth and Northern Ireland that could last all through the night, not sure how heavy it will be. Unless the wind shifts more to the east losing it's current south-east direction, Dublin and Meath will get very little if anything at all from this. Lets hope that wind shifts more to the east soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Another graupel shower here in Swords, North Dublin.

Gonzo wrote: »
    snow grains here all morning, all the forecasts and charts are showing that snow out of wales to make a direct hit on Louth and Northern Ireland that could last all through the night, not sure how heavy it will be. Unless the wind shifts more to the east losing it's current south-east direction, Dublin and Meath will get very little from this. Lets hope that wind shifts more to the east soon.

Wouldn't expect that to change until late this evening/tonight, should start turning more eastwards then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

NufcNavan wrote: »
    There's a f*ckload of birds out at the moment stocking up and looking for worms. Could be a sign.

Ive just counted 31 birds on my feeders!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Saganist wrote: »
    Dublin is going to miss out on that band making its way over. :(

I can't take it anymore =aaghh! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hopefully the front in the South West will pep up a bit as it looks rather weak and narrow on the radar. I can't see that delivering the forecast totals. Currently here in Waterford City its cloudy, temp 3.1c DP -0.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Wouldn't expect that to change until late this evening/tonight, should start turning more eastwards then.

Could the front have been exhausted by the time the wind changes ? Hope not.

Dublin snowshield in full effect going on the latest radar. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

uksnowrisk.png

tumblr_m1cxh5bbsh1r6ycano1_400.gif

Can't read these maps but is this promising for Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

Anyone know if there is snow in Carrickmacross or Virginia?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Is it still expected to snow over Cork and Limerick tonight or has it changed for the worse :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

That band was never good for Dublin, said it an hour ago. On top of that, it seems to be readily killing off the small bit of convection that was there. Moderate grapuel here, 2.6 deg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

That band looks more of a very North Dublin and further North affair now.

South Dublin will have to do with the very light feed of showers for now.

Band is very light anyway, very little if any accumulations from it unless it intensifies greatly.
    IMBY,S.Kildare, nothing at all for the day I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Appears to be rain/sleet at the mo just south of dundalk. If it snows I can't see it sticking at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Munster46 wrote: »
    Is it still expected to snow over Cork and Limerick tonight or has it changed for the worse :/

Certainly not a whiteout but some good snow for most of counties Cork and Limerick. Wet snow, probably not settling over Cork city centre, sleet further out into the harbour, and but possibly settling snow over the hilly suburbs and at the airport. More chance of settling snow in Limerick I think. The best place to be would be inland, around South Limerick and North Cork and even as far down as Bandon I think.

I could be wrong though, for better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Certainly not a whiteout but some good snow for most of counties Cork and Limerick. Wet snow, probably not settling over Cork city centre, sleet further out into the harbour, and but possibly settling snow over the hilly suburbs and at the airport. More chance of settling snow in Limerick I think. The best place to be would be inland, around South Limerick and North Cork and even as far down as Bandon I think.

I could be wrong though, for better or worse.
    All we can do is hope:o

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

another graupel/snow shower in D. 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

So much light graupel today (D15).

It's trying so hard to snow. Go on weather, DO IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

So that's that for west Dublin (Clondalkin) I assume. SIGGGGHHHHH!
    ? ? ? ?

Clondalkin in Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement