Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Perhaps it's time to split these threads. I'm from the west and while I hope people on the East coast are getting, and continue to get, large dumps of snow from showers and streamers, I frankly don't care and just want to see Western centric updates. I'm sure those on the east coast will feel similarly once things kick off in the west later.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

Should start to tilt more to the east but not until later tonight.
    Does that mean Navan Meath could see a flurry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

TheBody wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is snow in Carrickmacross or Virginia?

Know there was close to 6 inches in Bailieboro as of Yesterday.Is higher elevation there so not sure about the surrounding area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

feels like it's going to rain here

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deecent

Gone very Dark In KIngscourt. Expecting a shower of something very shortly....

• Advertisement

I am just outside kingscourt our snow melted yesterday while Baileboro was still covered in a blanket of white! only 2 kilometers away!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Nearly GFS time, will keep me away from the radar for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like Anglesea is eating the snow on the southern side of that band ***shakes fist**

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Light graupel starting to fall here again

deecent wrote: »
    Light graupel starting to fall here again
    Here been kingscourt co.cavan :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

I am just outside kingscourt our snow melted yesterday while Baileboro was still covered in a blanket of white! only 2 kilometers away!

Keep us up to date!! I've to go from Mullingar through Virginia, Baileboro, and Kingscourt on the way to Carrickmacross tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Supercell wrote: »
    Looks like Anglesea is eating the snow on the southern side of that band ***shakes fist**
    Irish see recharge it? Livin in hope.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Going down to see the folks in Bailieboro next weekend and bringing my 4 yo son.For his sake hoping the snow is still there or more added to it!

Apparently Bailieboro is the second highest settlement in Ireland and argubly the highest town as Roundwood is only a village,who'd have thunk it.Was great to grow up there in the 80s,plenty of missed school days with the snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I didn't make it home till 7 this morning :( I blame Graces

If it did snow I can't remember it ! :pac:

I left Graces at 1.15 it was blowing in the wind. I was hoping it would be white when I got out but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but M2 DP up to 0.2 at 15:00 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

I'm pretty bad with charts and all, could anyone please confirm what accuweather is saying, 6-12cm of snow to Roscommon overnight.. is that what' the models show?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The Met Eireann warning has beem removed. Taking it down to put up a new one based on the latest models or a big downgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

The Met Eireann warning has beem removed. Taking it down to put up a new one based on the latest models or a big downgrade?
    Downgrade surely???

robertowjr wrote: »
    I'm pretty bad with charts and all, could anyone please confirm what accuweather is saying, 6-12cm of snow to Roscommon overnight.. is that what' the models show?

Thanks

Not really, I wouldn't say Roscommon is in a good spot for tonight going by the models.

Its still there ?
    Issued at 20 January 2013 - 15:34
    Weather Warning
    Snow showers expected in parts of Leinster and Ulster this evening and overnight, especially in eastern counties. Rain expected to turn to snow in parts of Munster and west Connacht tonight also.
    Valid from 18:00 hours Sun, 20-Jan-2013 until 09:00 hours Mon, 21-Jan-2013
    Falls of 3 to 6 cm possible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Still there for me too - was it changed at 15:34?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Delta2113

That's the updated one - Dublin could still get some snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Warnings

Weather Warning

Issued at 20 January 2013 - 15:34
    Weather Warning

Snow showers expected in parts of Leinster and Ulster this evening and overnight, especially in eastern counties. Rain expected to turn to snow in parts of Munster and west Connacht tonight also.
    Falls of 3 to 6 cm possible.

Valid from 18:00 hours Sun, 20-Jan-2013 until 09:00 hours Mon, 21-Jan-2013

There's the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Its still there ?

15:34 - they just put it up after I posted. :pac:

It's a downgrade on the amounts though. Was 5-10, now 3-6.

They've put more focus on the snow shower risk in the east than there was on the last warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Had a 2 minute long shower of light graupel here in santry. Melted almost instantly - hopefully if it snows the temperature will drop tonight and it might stick. It's been dry all day apart from that shower

Latest forecast:

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

They've put more focus on the snow shower risk in the east than there was on the last warning.

When i looked at it earlier it said 3-6cm but it also said dublin...so that bit changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

yay

Yeah more east biased on that update alright. I wish the bloody low would just decide and either slam into the SW and give the south snow, or feck off SE and give the east snow. At the moment it's looking like it's going to be in the worst possible spot for all of us and nobody gets anything :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Makes sense considering the front looks less powerful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement