Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

15:34 - they just put it up after I posted. :pac:

It's a downgrade on the amounts though. Was 5-10, now 3-6.

They've put more focus on the snow shower risk in the east than there was on the last warning.
    Exactly the same to me.Had said 3-6cm earlier too.In any case a similar outlook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

Come to daddy! Laois is waiting patiently.

hrzdwz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

well its been very overcast here (a few miles south of arklow and a few miles from the coast - im at sea level) with hail stones for most of the day - some times sticking and sometimes not so if it stays as cloudy and dark it could well snow with a temp drop....its 2 degrees here at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Exactly the same to me.Had said 3-6cm earlier too.In any case a similar outlook.

This was the warning this morning :
    Falls of sleet and snow early tonight in Munster, Connacht and east Ulster. Accumulations of 5 to 10cm possible. Patchy outbreaks of sleet and snow becoming widespread overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

well its been very overcast here (a few miles south of arklow and a few miles from the coast - im at sea level) with hail stones for most of the day - some times sticking and sometimes not so if it stays as cloudy and dark it could well snow with a temp drop....its 2 degrees here at the moment

Same in arklow town!!! Doing a snow dance as I type ;) lol ...... Can't see it happening but I'll still live in hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Showers showing up heading towards the coast now

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Showers showing up heading towards the coast now

What part of the coast???? .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Boo nothing for Naas by the look of Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deecent

TheBody wrote: »
    Keep us up to date!! I've to go from Mullingar through Virginia, Baileboro, and Kingscourt on the way to Carrickmacross tomorrow morning.
    Will do if I'm on! I gotta travel to work in dublin bright and early in the morning so not looking forward to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Watching it snow on tv is so annoying ...

• Advertisement

jo06555 wrote: »

Watching the match are we?? lol :D:p

jo06555 wrote: »

Still using the rabbits ears ;)

Still using the rabbits ears ;)

Guaranteed snow fest there - we better get some beyond the viewing the lack of radio waves :mad:

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Very dark over swords now.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

just got this from MT on facebook
    Irish Weather Online
    WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY:
    Met Éireann has issued snow warnings for 1-5 cm accumulations for Dublin Airport from 7.30pm and Casement from 5.35pm. The threat of wintry showers tonight extends to eastern counties of Leinster and Ulster. Meanwhile, our advisory for outbreaks of sleet and snow in parts of Munster and western Connacht tonight remains in force. Falls of 3 to 6 cm possible. Incidentally, Kerry Airport is forecasting sleet and snow from 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Rougies wrote: »

Yeah more east biased on that update alright. I wish the bloody low would just decide and either slam into the SW and give the south snow, or feck off SE and give the east snow. At the moment it's looking like it's going to be in the worst possible spot for all of us and nobody gets anything :rolleyes:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say nothing accumulating much should be expected at all South of Louth for Leinster. Maybe something further north and into NI. Irish sea convection is measly tbh, very little intensifying of that band going on, infact its weakening. MAYBE later things will pick up, but honestly if anyone got more than a dusting outside of a few NI counties along with Louth, I'll personally go to their home and shake their hand.

SW is the place to be tonight if your looking to see anything more than graupel or 'snist'.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

just got this from MT on facebook
    Irish Weather Online
    WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY:
    Met Éireann has issued snow warnings for 1-5 cm accumulations for Dublin Airport from 7.30pm and Casement from 5.35pm. The threat of wintry showers tonight extends to eastern counties of Leinster and Ulster. Meanwhile, our advisory for outbreaks of sleet and snow in parts of Munster and western Connacht tonight remains in force. Falls of 3 to 6 cm possible. Incidentally, Kerry Airport is forecasting sleet and snow from 7pm.
    My neighbour works for Dublin bus and they have been pre warned,he is on the late shift...probably piss but we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Snow forecast from 2200 in the Knock Airport TAF. I was at Knock for the afternoon,2 Degrees with a dew point of -1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WinterLove

Light snow falling just outside Wexford town, Very cold :P

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    My neighbour works for Dublin bus and they have been pre warned,he is on the late shift...probably piss but we will see

we live in hope:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

John.Icy wrote: »
    I'm gonna stick my neck out and say nothing accumulating much should be expected at all South of Louth for Leinster. Maybe something further north and into NI. Irish sea convection is measly tbh, very little intensifying of that band going on, infact its weakening. MAYBE later things will pick up, but honestly if anyone got more than a dusting outside of a few NI counties along with Louth, I'll personally go to their home and shake their hand.

SW is the place to be tonight if your looking to see anything more than graupel or 'snist'.

I fear you maybe right. It was looking promising for the east earlier with decent convection beginning to form and the wind set to change more easterly tonight. But that frontal stuff out there is ruining convection at the moment. If it fecks off we might have a better chance later.

As for the SW, I hope they get a good dumping, but that's looking less favourable now too. I'm sure some areas will get hit but it won't be as widespread as we'd hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

ha ha ha

237275.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

John.Icy wrote: »

John, check out the UK4 model between midnight and 12pm tomorrow. A bit more encouraging.

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

t|nt|n wrote: »
    ha ha ha

237275.jpg
    lol just seen that,class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Same in arklow town!!! Doing a snow dance as I type ;) lol ...... Can't see it happening but I'll still live in hope :)
    Its pure graupel,2 miles west of the town centre,no rain in it at all yet though the dewpoint and temp have risen a bit.
    you can watch your local dewpoint here(or at least 2 miles inland of you)

http://www.arklowweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

John, check out the UK4 model between midnight and 12pm tomorrow. A bit more encouraging.

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

I have to say, it's been impressively spot on so far today. the 15z run will be interesting.

whitebriar wrote: »
    Its pure graupel,2 miles west of the town centre,no rain in it at all yet though the dewpoint and temp have risen a bit.
    you can watch your local dewpoint here(or at least 2 miles inland of you)

http://www.arklowweather.com/

Thank you whitebriar :) ........ Hope your doing the snow dance also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Eireann 1625 update-Early tonight rain and sleet will become more widespread across Munster and parts of West Connacht, turning to snow in places. Meanwhile, wintry showers in the east and northeast will turn increasingly to snow, especially on high ground.
    Drier elsewhere for a time with the risk of fog, but some showery sleet or snow possible by the end of the night.
    Lowest temperatures of 0 to -2 degrees with frost and icy stretches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

WinterLove wrote: »
    Light snow falling just outside Wexford town, Very cold :P

Where abouts are you? I'm in town here in Coolcotts. Not a thing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

ME farming forecast. A little encouraging.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10103904/

I don't think she stressed the word SNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOWWWWWW enough...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement