Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

for the first time in about 3 days I can see breaks in the cloud, rather than a consistant slate grey sky. Hopefully some frost tonight to finally cool things down leading to some ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WinterLove

Graupel wrote: »
    Where abouts are you? I'm in town here in Coolcotts. Not a thing here.

Near barntown was walking the dogs, very light tho:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

If it makes any of you feel any better, I'm in north leinster and all the showers we've been getting since this morning have been rain and sleet, haven't seen one flake yet. I live in hope that we do get some, but I really don't think it's gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Decent little graupel shower here. Useless really though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ladies and gentlemen... Sallins has graupel !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Not exactly what u want to read when u live in Donegal
    Ulster- Tonight

There'll be further wintry showers of sleet and snow, mainly in eastern parts at first tonight but them will become more widespread at the night goes on. However, much of Donegal should stay mostly dry. Lowest temperatures of -2 to +1 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Right we're getting nothing out of this by the looks of things,im going for a pint & hopefully when i get back there things will have improved but i doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is getting very frustrating now. Just give me some god damn snow :P :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Have things been downgraded for the south west? Not looking good on the Met Eireann forecast :(

This is getting very frustrating now. Just give me some god damn snow :P :(

Better chance when the winds back easterly then north easterly later WC ?

3hr-rain.gif

3hr-wind.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I feel like crying :( these last few days have been so stressful for the dubliners:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Heavy Graupel/Sleet in Dundalk now, whereas only 200ft above:

vru0e9.jpg

Its like a winter wonderland in the Cooley Mountains! DP must be too high at sea level?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

This was the warning this morning :
    Fair point Maq

dm09 wrote: »
    Heavy Graupel/Sleet in Dundalk now, whereas only 200ft above:

Its like a winter wonderland in the Cooley Mountains! DP must be too high at sea level?

yep, everything just the wrong side of marginal again. Gut wrenching really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

Winds to remain south easterly I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

are there any chances for cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I feel like crying :( these last few days have been so stressful for the dubliners:pac:

I hear ya, the weather event that was going to make the 1947 storm move sideways as the storm of 2013 was to make it's way into the history books as the most epic storm on record.

I really must have a chat with the guy who wrote that. :) :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

marno21 wrote: »
    Have things been downgraded for the south west? Not looking good on the Met Eireann forecast :(

It looks like it will be going more south than east. Less precip than expected and not getting very far east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

John, check out the UK4 model between midnight and 12pm tomorrow. A bit more encouraging.

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

Thanks for that Maq, didn't even know that existed till now. :)

Yeah once the frontal dross clears off, it looks like activity might pick up. For me though still looks a no go.

Also a really intense band of precip moving up from the SW for a brief time Monday,
    serious echoes on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

123 LC wrote: »

Fort the northern half of the county, yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

At least you have some precipitation to give some hope! Spare a thought for us poor sods stuck in the dry middle between two fronts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So its off again I see? Not that I expected much in fairness ;) any new charts for tomorrow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

123 LC wrote: »

We have loads of Nimbostratus all around us, it's loaded with moisture, if we got the temp down a few degrees and then match the dew point to make it precipitate, it might be snow.

However, the temps are too high and the current dew point will give rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Darwin wrote: »
    At least you have some precipitation to give some hope! Spare a thought for us poor sods stuck in the dry middle between two fronts :(

Ah sure youre doin just as well as we are in south dublin:pac: The most weve gotten since the friday rain downpours is a few shortlived hail showers. Hardly much to brag about tbh

16:30 radar had showers building south of Anglesea. 16:45 radar they've disappeared :rolleyes:
    Looks like it was an anaprop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Frustration is really setting in here but Met Eireann are not backing down.
    This was issued only half an hour ago
    Meanwhile, wintry showers in the east and northeast will turn increasingly to snow, especially on high ground.

Rougies wrote: »
    16:30 radar had showers building south of Anglesea. 16:45 radar they've disappeared :rolleyes:

Still there on the Netweather Extra radar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

i assume when people here are talking about the IOM shadow and the Anglesey shadow this is the general area ?

i assume when people here are talking about the IOM shadow and the Anglesey shadow this is the general area ?

depends on which direction the showers are moving. But in a straight easterly the IOM shadow would look like that. You could make the Anglesea shadow way bigger to the south too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

According to raintoday it should be either raining or snowing where I am in Kerry but I have neither

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement