Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Then start talking about the west in here if you want to discuss it.

We are but our posts are being drowned amidst the chatter on conditions in the east. Hard to hear ourselves amongst the din.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

squonk wrote: »
    Mods, can we get a dedicated Western thread? There's too much irrelevant chatter on here about conditions in the east.

Do that and you'll likely lose about 80% of the opinions that are worth listening to.

So do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Cooley Hills from Blackrock, Co. Louth this afternoon. Rain/sleet sometimes wet snow here in Dundalk for the last while.

237281.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think all of us both east and west whether we are religious or not need to say a prayer:

Our MT, Who art in Vancouver
    Hallowed be Thy Name;
    Thy Blizzard come,
    Thy will be done,
    In Ireland as it is in Canada.
    Give us this day our Winter Fix,
    and forgive us our Hissy fits,
    as we forgive those who got more snow than us;
    and lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from Marginality. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

squonk wrote: »
    Mods, can we get a dedicated Western thread? There's too much irrelevant chatter on here about conditions in the east.

There probably isn't enough of us to justify a separate thread. I agree though, I hope the east get their snow but I don't really want to hear about it when I'm glued to Boards looking for updates and it's nothing but Dublin, Dublin, Dublin.

It been completely dry here (location on the left) since yesterday, the ground is dry in most places so on the off chance there is snow at least it'll stick. There's been nothing even remotely resembling snow at all though, very little rain since Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

would nice to see ME set up a boards profile and give us a bit more info, not just for the winter either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Rougies wrote: »
    Squonk there's a "New Thread" button you know. Make one yourself. I think it;s a good idea too.

Dedicated western thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82790792#post82790792

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

would nice to see ME set up a boards profile and give us a bit more info, not just for the winter either

They do have a boards account. I think it's just someone from their website team though, not the forecasting side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I did. :pac: I'm still confused.

Some pages back a post from Netweather allegedly initially written by MT said this even would be greater than the 1947 storm and it was a long post.

It was posted in bold and I replied that the bold bits did not refer to Ireland, some replied that it was all in bold ~ and that it was most definitely referring to Ireland.

I posted that MT was just joshin, joking, having fun. I've looked over several pages, can't find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

They have one. "Met Eireann". Rarely do you hear from them though, and it;s never forecast related. Usually about website upgrades and talks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Starting to clutch at straws now had a look at accuweather it says snow for me at 7pm here in north kk.
    Might aswell believe that as much as anything else here's hoping :))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

They have one. "Met Eireann". Rarely do you hear from them though, and it;s never forecast related. Usually about website upgrades and talks etc.

a waste of time so :rolleyes:

a waste of time so :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say a waste of time, it was useful when they did their radar page upgrade, as they were listening to our feedback here and made changes accordingly ;)

You could say the radar page on met.ie is a met/boards collaboration :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

gbee wrote: »
    Some pages back a post from Netweather allegedly initially written by MT said this even would be greater than the 1947 storm and it was a long post.

It was posted in bold and I replied that the bold bits did not refer to Ireland, some replied that it was all in bold ~ and that it was most definitely referring to Ireland.

I posted that MT was just joshin, joking, having fun. I've looked over several pages, can't find it now.

If it's the post that I'm thinking of I think he was talking about the bigger (potential) cold spell starting at the beginning of February, not this current one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Light snow falling here for the last 20 mins or so, my neighbours must think I'm sending SOS signals with my back light going on and off every few seconds.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

gbee wrote: »

I saw that. He wasn't talking about any particular storm happening today being anything to do with 1947 though. If I remember correctly he was talking about how he believes the cold weather could hang on in the UK into February when he thinks the deeper cold will arrive, and mentioned how that length of cold weather might rival 1947.

The models are showing the breakdown (for the UK anyway) is pushed back to next weekend. Last weekend the models thought the breakdown would be this weekend, so who knows. Hopefully we do get some stronger cold further west in the next reload. I wouldn't be expecting 1947 conditions here in Ireland anytime soon though!

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    If it's the post that I'm thinking of I think he was talking about the bigger (potential) cold spell starting at the beginning of February, not this current one :P

That would make more sense, there is a lot of potential for epic weather in February.

Winds seem to shifting more easterly now. Just as the precip is dying out of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Someone on Netweather said that I think, referring to Britain.
    I remember seeing it think it was said on here a few days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Any reports of snow falling in munster recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

So what is the updated consensus guys? No snow for Dublin?

ME says between 3-6cm of snow this evening for most of the Dublin region i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just starting to snow on south side of cork city.

Disclaimer: I may be lying and it may be just rain really.

noobsnow95 wrote: »
    Any reports of snow falling in munster recently?

There's a west thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056860265

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fully Established

Chance of light snow on the Dublin TAF between 1900 and 0900

EIDW 201700Z 2018/2118 10014KT 9999 SCT020 BKN040 TEMPO 2019/2109 5000 -SN BKN010 BKN018 BECMG 2108/2110 09005KT TEMPO 2109/2118 5000 -RASN BKN012

Current air temp 2c and dew point -1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Ah I give up , februaury will be the big month for dublin ;) Well maybe not, but lets hope so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Archeron

Deank wrote: »
    Light snow falling here for the last 20 mins or so, my neighbours must think I'm sending SOS signals with my back light going on and off every few seconds.:D

I hope you have your explanation well thought out for when Batman turns up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

There's some snow coming down in London, watching the Spurs vs. Utd game, it's pelting down.

There's a west thread here

Crying like a baby for a thread about himslef? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dusting of snow/grains on the cars here in Naas now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

summary.gif

The damn temperature just wont go down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement