Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

gbee wrote: »
    Crying like a baby for a thread about himslef? :rolleyes:

No, I was trying to be helpful actually. Doesn;t go down well for some it seems :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Snowflake to thread ratio is 1:1

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Rougies wrote: »
    No, I was trying to be helpful actually. Doesn;t go down well for some it seems :mad:

I remember it causing arguments in 2010! Wasn't there a split into two threads and then lots of people were bickering so it was made into 1 thread again,was kind of funny :)

I remember it causing arguments in 2010! Wasn't there a split into two threads and then lots of people were bickering so it was made into 1 thread again,was kind of funny :)

Yeah something like that happened alright. All I know is people were complaining that their posts were getting lost in this thread, so I pointed someone to the other thread and now I'm a selfish fecker or something :rolleyes: oh and a baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

DP of -0.9 here in Waterford and temp is 2.7 degrees.

Have the ski boots on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

gbee wrote: »

Crying like a baby for a thread about himslef? :rolleyes:

It's gone a bit like that on here, did u not know its all about the east :)

davidsr20 wrote: »

Read my posts above before you jump to any conclusions. It's the west that's been doing all the complaining, not us!

You can all chat in here if you want, I don't mind at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

davidsr20 wrote: »

only because more eastern posters are willing to discuss imo.... anyway back to the weather nobody talking much about the charts today guess they arent what we are looking for

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

KEEP IT ON TOPIC PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Trotter wrote: »

Have the ski boots on.

Love your optimism Trotter:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Met E sticking to their guns regarding precip in the east

3hr-rain.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

3.8c here on the Meath coast. 83% humidity & 15kph ENE wind. Swung around in the past half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

summary.gif

Dew point is up 1 degree and temp is up o.1 of a degree while humidity is up 4%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Trotter wrote: »

Have the ski boots on.

Is there somewhere online I can find the DP of my location?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dunno if its just me but cant wait for this cold spell to end it's miserable life, the truth is none of us have seen anything worth while unless your on high ground or living in Cavan:). We've all got neck strain, tired eyes and blood pressure after a week of staring at rain, chasing dandruff sized snow flakes that melt on impact. Temperatures have been too high, even if it snows it just melts, nothing is sticking anywhere as the showers are so light, except up in the mountains or overnight on low ground. The next 6 days everything is up in the air with no threat of anything decent as day time temperatures will always be just above 1C so once it falls it melts. Even in the UK it doesnt look that serious, nothing like the 2009/2010 snow falls, just the UK media blowing the snow out of proportion. Im not saying 'game over' for the winter but I think we've wasted enough time for now on this one and hopefully something more serious that will actually deliver proper beefy snow streamers for the East will arrive over the next few weeks with sub zero temperatures keeping what falls on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

t|nt|n wrote: »

3hr-rain.gif

Same for south hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is there somewhere online I can find the DP of my location?

I'm not sure. I use http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/ for mine. Its a great local website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Cold here in the south-east heard of possible snow heading towards us for tomorrow morning. Also saw sky news weather which confirms some sort of snow. :D

UKMO High Res 15z is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

3hr-rain.gif

Is this mm per hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

irishfeen wrote: »
    What part of the county are you in? ... I'm in N Cork and its currently 1.4 degC with humidity of 74%. Still no rain, sleet or snow but bitterly cold.

i'm in the north too! heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

3hr-rain.gif
    Dont hold my breath for anything in south east so I think its game over :(

Rougies wrote: »
    UKMO High Res 15z is out.

Looks like showers will pick up for the east after midnight and early tomorrow.

Downgrades the precip in the southwest like HIRLAM did. Nothin is ever easy in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Light snow earlier in Aylesbury, Tallaght & didnt stay much!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Apart from the Dublin/Wicklow mountains and the mountains of Donegal, Ireland has a horrible mucky climate which I myself detest. Also south-west England and most of Northern England and western Scotland join that club. Summers are s..t and winters are dank and dire. Most of the time the weather is miserable and snowless except on high ground. What a difference a few hundred metres make.....winter wonderland to dire depression...and it is as marked as that....feet of white stuff in Dublin mountains (only 250/300 metres) to sleet, grauple and drizzle elsewhere.

My wife lived for two years in Exeter...never saw snow once although a few flakes fell in the past few days...rugby match went ahead....south-west england has a horrible wet climate also.

Best climate in Europe???

France.

Sun, Snow, fab food, wine, brilliant films, stunning women, massive country, great culture, highest mountains in Europe, best skiing, and only 70 million living there...room for one more???

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Light snow falling in Blessington now

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Is this mm per hour?

3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

that system out to the west has just about stalled,i cannot see it making across to the eastern half of the country and if it does manage to creep across it will be fairly minimal ... maybe some very light snow:(...seems im just in the wrong place this time,ahh well theres always next time;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

I cannot see any snow in the south or anywhere else for that matter bar a few showers in the east

• Advertisement

Looks like showers will pick up for the east after midnight and early tomorrow.

Downgrades the precip in the southwest like HIRLAM did. Nothin is ever easy in Ireland!

Yup, that's my reading of it too. Showers don't look as organized as they did on the 9z but more intense maybe? Quite similar anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement