Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

is it just me or that does front out in the irish sea look very weak and wont be able to leave that much snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Madpaddy79 wrote: »
    Anyone shed any light on the property prices in this place called "here". Jesus it gets some amount of snow. Gotta move there.

You're meant to add your location to your profile, makes it easier than typing where you are each time, thats why you see all the here's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

is it just me or that does front out in the irish sea look very weak and wont be able to leave that much snow

It is just a big blob of pathetic snizzle at the moment. Although in the latest frame it look to be getting it's act together a bit. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Had a veeeeeerrry light snow shower here in Dungiven about an hour ago. For my birthday today, if the snow gods could ensure that I don't get to work tomorrow thatd be great :P

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Raining/sleet in Dundalk at about 6pm, drove home to Shercock on the cavan/monaghan border and its snowing nicely now. Not normal snow though, maybe graupel, soft on the outside with an icy centre. Sticking nicely on everything but I can hear dripping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 snowlover

Rougies wrote: »

Lampost watching is even worse. You start hallucinating after about an hour.
    Although I think I;m starting to hallucinate looking at the radar too at this stage.
    What radar is this? Where can I find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

any hope of snow in the offaly area tonight? really dont fany getting up and going to work in dublin tomorrow !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Snowing on and off all evening in south armagh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Bright moon in south limerick, nothing happening yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Snow queen Wexford

Very light snow falling here in south west wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Have any of ye seen the gritters out or is it only week days they would surface ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light SNOW D14. :)

EDIT : Got a bit heavier and made deck white. :)

Dan :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

took a walk down the pier to our ladys staue in Dollymount, seriously getting cold, sea is building.clouds were building, potential is building, this is of course all instinct! Time for a bovril, old skool style!

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    Have any of ye seen the gritters out or is it only week days they would surface ?

Haven't seen them out because I've been sitting here all day but they'd definitely be out tonight.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

You have snow?!? I only have graupel :mad: Not fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Bright moon in south limerick, nothing happening yet...
    Might be a bit off happening yet. Rain, hail or snow still hasn't reached us in N. Cork yet... Good thing is though the ground is very dry, any fall of snow would likely accumulate in a fairly short period.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Love the effect the back light has on fine snow, makes it look like streamers:p

IMAG1070_BURST019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

EDIT : Got a bit heavier and made deck white. :)

What !? Im in D14 and no snow at all here:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

irishfeen wrote: »
    Might be a bit off happening yet. Rain, hail or snow still hasn't reached us in N. Cork yet... Good thing is though the ground is very dry, any fall of snow would likely accumulate in a fairly short period.
    I'm the exact same the ground is dry . I'm close to the city center

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Same graupel that fell last night, but it's falling heavier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very light snow falling here in south west wexford

New Ross??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

bb1234567 wrote: »

Completely stopped now- Was like a 5 minute burst of Snow and Graupal. Weird- hopefully a sign of things to come.

Temp : 2.7C, DP -2C.

Pressure : 994hpa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

If you scroll the radar back to 6pm you can see how much precip has increased between Wales and the east coast. It's still very light stuff, but it is slowly increasing. If the models are right it should start to get more interesting from 3am to 9am, but don't expect anything too dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Judging by the radar im surprised we are not getting more reports from Dundalk or Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

bb1234567 wrote: »

Nothing around Nutgrove either

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

If you scroll the radar back to 6pm you can see how much precip has increased between Wales and the east coast. It's still very light stuff, but it is slowly increasing. If the models are right it should start to get more interesting from 3am to 9am, but don't expect anything too dramatic.

how many cm's do you expect to fall and where will it it ?

Yeah I think we'll getting a lot of reports of snizzle/graupel in the next couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

New Ross??
    Snowing in rathnure for the last hour or so, all light stuff but sticking on cars etc. 150 m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

It's larger than the ones from the Irish sea that have made landfall so far today - which were really insignificant, but appeared to get a boost over Dublin hills/Wicklow mountains and have been depositing light amounts of snow.

I'd be hopeful that this larger system will get a similar boost & lead to some accumulations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Weird burst of graupel in D12,lasted a couple of seconds but was the heaviest so far today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement