Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Nite. Nite fellow snow lovers... Must catch some zzzzzzz

Will be soooooo disappointed if I don't see a blanket of snow in the morning! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Ah god, looking at that radar and just feel like giving up now :( ( northside Dublin 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

vickers209 wrote: »
    Just looked out window hoping for snow and nowt!! :mad::mad: Rathnew

Try three weeks of constant model watching followed by 18 hour stints of radar refreshing and we can talk.

And no, I'm not the captain of a Victoria's Secret photo shoot cruise liner unfortunately :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

OMG guess what ive just spied!!!!

"That distinctly orange sky!!!!" Its to my east atm!!!... oh now wait its only light precip :(

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Hmmmmm....really borderline now....more big flakes than snizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Mr Bumble wrote: »
    Hmmmmm....really borderline now....more big flakes than snizz
    Where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Heavy snow showers here in west Wexford. Cars covered and sticking on the ground for the first time. 150 m asl facing east....still hoping for more before morning.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

lolo62 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you?

Here we go again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Just outside Dundalk, wind has risen considerably and something is falling heavily but it ain't snow!

Delgany.......95m asl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

barney 20v wrote: »
    Heavy snow showers here in west Wexford. Cars covered and sticking on the ground for the first time. 150 m asl facing east....still hoping for more before morning.;)

where is that on the radar and is that heading eastwards or north???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Ah fup it. Hitting the hay. There's precip to the north and south of Dublin, but nought hitting Dubland.

COME ON Irish sea, you've got 7 hours to work you're magic! Goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Just outside Dundalk, wind has risen considerably and something is falling heavily but it ain't snow!

Price of houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

That would be our hopes :(

barney 20v wrote: »
    where's west wexford? I hope you are near me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Mr Bumble wrote: »
    Delgany.......95m asl
    Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Rain/sleet and odd bit of hail now and again here this evening in Dundalk. Disappointing as the wind direction allied to the precipitation coming in off the Irish Sea is otherwise perfect for North Louth. The dew point seems to be doing the damage. Its stubbornly stayed above 1.0 all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

flanzer wrote: »
    Ah fup it. Hitting the hay. There's precip to the north and south of Dublin, but nought hitting Dubland.

I know, it's fecking agony...! the wind changed and that nice big blob that was heading for us has gone south. I feel like the temperature has also been stuck at 2 degrees for about 3 days now too.

on another note raintoday seems to be stuck at 22.15 for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

jo06555 wrote: »

where is that on the radar and is that heading eastwards or north???
    Eastwards.. Showers pretty much non stop all evening,some have gotten heavier in the last hour..
    Situated just below The Blackstairs mountain @ 440 ft asl.

mr snizzle seems to have left the building...steady light snow on a strengthening N/NE wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Anfield Road

Heavy now again in Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow, but it has been like that here all day, lots of those light showers *graupel* I think is the correct name for it. The cars and grass being lightly covered a few times but nothing major!. Nothing sticking yet and it is very cold!?, wonder what it will be like in the morning would expect a good covering if this keeps up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Drove through some of the precip along the Naas Road about half an hour ago. Really anyone watching it on radar dont get excited, it's graupel that hasn't a hope of sticking, its too warm and not enough precip.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Raining in arklow :( ..... Good job I got all the school uniforms, work gear ready earlier :) ..... Looks like it will be a normal Monday for us :( ..... Ah well, mayb next year ;)

Streamers really starting to pick up for south Dublin & North Wicklow. But Dundalk has had a steady stream of streamers and has got nothing.

I think the echo off these streamers is skewed by the snow.

Don't see much happening tonight. But hopefully I'm wrong. Any on shore breeze kills my chances of snow sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

I know, it's fecking agony...! the wind changed and that nice big blob that was heading for us has gone south. I feel like the temperature has also been stuck at 2 degrees for about 3 days now too.

on another note raintoday seems to be stuck at 22.15 for the last hour.

I hear you, its beginning to feel like groundhog day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

ongoing moderate graupel,sleet,rain mix in Arklow currently.
    It should really just shoite or get off the pot!

2.4/0.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

flanzer wrote: »

It's the Anglesey shadow.

Car here has a light covering of graupel/snow grains/snizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Nabber wrote: »
    But Dundalk has had a steady stream of streamers and has got nothing.

Merely rain and sleet. Dew point not low enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Hit Carlow town please.

• Advertisement

Raining in arklow :( ..... Good job I got all the school uniforms, work gear ready earlier :) ..... Looks like it will be a normal Monday for us :( ..... Ah well, mayb next year ;)

we are only half way through winter. Our winter starts first week of December.

we still have the second half to go. Don't write it off just yet.

We sometimes get over-time into March too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement