Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

getting a good belt of it here now but doesn't seem to be sticking .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Coming down and sticking nicely in Carrickmacross Monaghan now

Plenty of showers heading over Louth/Armagh/Monaghan

M1 at Dromad seems white
    03502150_ff8fbbc4_cam1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Just popping in to let all the east coasters know that the lowest temp (0c) at any Met Eireann station was recorded at Valentia on the 00:00 report. Also the only one recording any winter precip.

You may as well give up if the warmest station in Ireland has a lower temp than all the east and north coast :D

Not to rub salt in the wounds, looks like Kerry is going to get all the precip and low temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I live literally on the coast about 200m from the sea and I'm on sea level. I'd say it was a shower that came off the sea and got us at the right time! I'm hoping more follow like it during the night and I wake up with a lot more/the snow that's outside now hasn't melted... first snow to fall properly since 2010!

I'm gonna take a guess at Carlingford? Or somewhere close by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I'm hoping for snow, mocks tomorrow and I haven't studied :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Rougies wrote: »
    I'm gonna take a guess at Carlingford? Or somewhere close by?

close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

Spindle wrote: »
    Just popping in to let all the east coasters know that the lowest temp (0c) at any Met Eireann station was recorded at Valentia on the 00:00 report. Also the only one recording any winter precip.

You may as well give up if the warmest station in Ireland has a lower temp than all the east and north coast :D

Not to rub salt in the wounds, looks like Kerry is going to get all the precip and low temps.

That's cute. We'll see how cocky you are if an easterly develops in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I have almost lost hope of any snow in N.Cork anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

There's a decent build up of precip just off Liverpool, bound for somewhere on our east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

The snow that fell a while ago is now starting to melt..it was fun while it lasted. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

I think this is some sort of high res GFS precip model, But anyway it could be handy for our dublin friends. Shows some nice precip moving in early tomorrow morning.

http://www.belgingur.is/opna/en/1/gfs/dublin/1/hiti/

Graupel wrote: »
    That's cute. We'll see how cocky you are if an easterly develops in a week or two.

Sure this is your Easterly :D

Anyway we all know battleground snow is a lot better than anything a streamer can bring. ;)

Enjoy what you get though, just thought it was nice to see Valentia punching above its weight, jutting out into that mild Atlantic and all......

Latest UKMO hi-res looks good for the Dublin region overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Spare us a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Much to my surprise, or earlier dusting is still around. Temp hovering above 0, 0.3 atm. DP is -1.1. Happy with that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Too bad you live in Cork then :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

This reminds of 2010. The irish sea was quite then it just exploded snow on to the east coast.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Courtesy of met eireann radar

webradar3201301210030me.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

just as i turn off the fire turn off the tv and lock the back door it starts to snow proper snow citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

hmm...M2 buoy temp 4.5 DP -0.5 @ 00:00

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Met radar has activity building up, could be good for Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

• Registered Users Posts: 6 moon2012

Good bit of snow falling for past few hours in Kerry, good 2 inches on the ground.

gabeeg wrote: »
    Spare us a link.

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

Click on "high res rain" in the UK Met Office menu

Then use the controls in the bottom left. It's a bit awkward but great to have access to.

It doesn't really have 00z for tonight right really, but pretty close. It performed much better for earlier today.

Pangea wrote: »
    Too bad you live in Cork then :cool:

Our day will come, second biggest snowfall on record in Ireland was down here :)

It doesn't snow much here but if it does it can be epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukmoukpcp.php

Click on "high res rain" in the UK Met Office menu

Then use the controls in the bottom left. It's a bit awkward but great to have access to.

It doesn't really have 00z for tonight right really, but pretty close. It performed much better for earlier today.

Met radar seems to be following this at the moment, hopefully it's going to deliver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Our day will come, second biggest snowfall on record in Ireland was down here :)

It doesn't snow much here but if it does it can be epic :D

I think whoever opened a standalone thread for the west has jinxed things. with the streamers popping up i think the east may yet win this battle. Enjoy and goodnight all. hopefully we all wake up to pleasant surprises.....

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

moon2012 wrote: »
    Good bit of snow falling for past few hours in Kerry, good 2 inches on the ground.
    Where are you located? Just started to stick here in farranfore this last hour and pretty heavy and dry snow now, hope we get a few more hours from it as the ukmo high res suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

we had a nice bit of snow in cork at around 7 :) only very slightly stuck though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Where are you located? Just started to stick here in farranfore this last hour and pretty heavy and dry snow now, hope we get a few more hours from it as the ukmo high res suggests

The perfect type of snow:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

Things didnt look too bad a while ago but I cant see the Laois, Killkenny, Wexford ,Carlow area winning a good dusting out of this. Maybe a few light passing showers. I hope i'm wrong.

I'm in south Co. Kilkenny at 140asl and have been sitting on these threads for so long that my husband is beginning to doubt my sanity.

I was desperately hoping for a huge snowfall because having been made redundant last year I would have been able to enjoy it properly for once, instead of having to be all grown-up about it and being worried about when I was going to be able to get to work.

We've had nothing* and I can see no reason to think that we're going to any time soon :(

*I'm delighted for those who have had decent snow, but I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement