Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Yep sorry lads , just messaged him there, the programmers used #iesnow instead , make sure geolocation is on... my 2nd test worked there , takes 2 mins to update :)
    Mightn't be a bad idea to change the earlier post too, just so that people don't come across the post and use the wrong hashtag before they ever get to read your update!:)

Oh and to everyone: if you're saying it's snowing somewhere, please please please be a little more specific than the name of your county! E.g Tipperary is a pretty big place and Dublin has everything from mountains to beaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Nice ECM run as far as 72 hrs, The rest is very poor compared to this mornings run.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Actually quite mild again in the South tomorrow compared to the rest of the country - 8degrees :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Nice ECM run as far as 72 hrs, The rest is very poor compared to this mornings run.

Very poor compared to yesterday's 12Z. It somehow manages to how onto cold (but not very interesting) conditions until nearly the end of run though. I wouldn't look beyond Sunday yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

I don't think it will apart from in some eastern coastal districts. (going of current data)

Even in these places it might not if the EC is correct.

You're so vein! You probably think this thread is about you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Gerry didnt seem too excited about the prospects for Snow, seemed more favorable for sleet..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

You're so vein! You probably think this thread is about you!

Don't you, don't you....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bullettooth

This thread is like sky sports on deadline day over hyped and most info way off

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

This thread is like sky sports on deadline day over hyped and most info way off

Have to Totally Disagree with you there!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

one thing to remember though , whenever met says theres going to be snow here or there , very often its actually more widespread or heavier than they had reported beforehand ! suppose alot of the time its just so marginal there not just going to say heavy snow here , here and here if ya get what i mean , they just name the places that they are confident will get snow , and when it arrives atleast they had some people warned and wont get slated !!
    jus something ive noticed over the years , thats my opinion of it anyway , and of course i dont mean ever time , but it has happened lots of times ..
    hopefully that will be the case if things work in our favour ..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Bullettooth

It hasn't snowed since last year and according to posts here we have been expecting snow since last Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Im up at 6 for work, that will do :)

Like wise. Hills behind me rise to 395m asl so might take a detour to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Now the first thing that i will do when i get up for the Lance interview at 2am is run to the window in anticipation. It's like being a kid again !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

We just lost power here in west Wexford....is lightning forecast this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

barney 20v wrote: »
    We just lost power here in west Wexford....is lightning forecast this evening?
    pay your leccy bill:P

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

I love these once a year threads and all the contributions. Not a clue what any of the science terms means but game on operations snow 2013.

Now I'm going to ask a question everyone hates, what's the outlook for sligo getting some sneactha over the next few days?

Keep up the great postings everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Very poor compared to yesterday's 12Z. It somehow manages to how onto cold (but not very interesting) conditions until nearly the end of run though. I wouldn't look beyond Sunday yet.
    So our great chance of snow early hours Monday morning not good now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

davidsr20 wrote: »
    So our great chance of snow early hours Monday morning not good now?

You really need to relax everyone ,

One bad run and its doom and gloom , one good one and the party poppers are out ,

You have seen how much things are changing for tomorrow but your asking about Monday !

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    pay your leccy bill:P
    ESB is paid and I'm hoping for some of this over the next few days...

PFL wrote: »
    I love these once a year threads and all the contributions. Not a clue what any of the science terms means but game on operations snow 2013.

Now I'm going to ask a question everyone hates, what's the outlook for sligo getting some sneactha over the next few days?

Keep up the great postings everyone!

Fairly good chance I'd say.

13011906_1712.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

barney 20v wrote: »
    ESB is paid and I'm hoping for some of this over the next few days...

Few others in Wexford on Facebook reporting power issues too

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Few others in Wexford on Facebook reporting power issues too

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I think the pre snow hype is getting more intense each time a possibility emerges. I'd dearly love to see it here on the coast in Waterford but to be honest I'm not sure if I can keep following these threads because the hype is a constant level all the time. It's hard to tell when things are genuinely ramping up because we seem to be going from one highly likely scenario to the next based on 2-4 day out charts. Each time we get to +24 we automatically go to 'ok that didn't happen but look at the amazing +192!' That 192 turns into a bit of a soggy +24 and so the cycle continues.

Maybe I'm being a miserable south coaster but I'm finding it hard to sustain the ramp and I reckon I'll miss the craic of the couple of days model watching before a genuine event because ill have burnt out on the cycle.

I think I genuinely need a break from watching the threads. It's not even cold outside. My model watching stamina is gone.

Trotter wrote: »
    I think the pre snow hype is getting more intense each time a possibility emerges. I'd dearly love to see it here on the coast in Waterford but to be honest I'm not sure if I can keep following these threads because the hype is a constant level all the time. It's hard to tell when things are genuinely ramping up because we seem to be going from one highly likely scenario to the next based on 2-4 day out charts. Each time we get to +24 we automatically go to 'ok that didn't happen but look at the amazing +192!' That 192 turns into a bit of a soggy +24 and so the cycle continues.

Maybe I'm being a miserable south coaster but I'm finding it hard to sustain the ramp and I reckon I'll miss the craic of the couple of days model watching before a genuine event because ill have burnt out on the cycle.

I think I genuinely need a break from watching the threads. It's not even cold outside. My model watching stamina is gone.

There won't be any chance of snow in Waterford tomorrow so you can relax for a while Trotter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Trotter wrote: »

Maybe I'm being a miserable south coaster.

Or maybe just being realist? though the two are are seen to be one and the same thing anyway.

Anyway, back to the models. Really looking forward to the continuation of the banal cool snap that they are showing tonight. Hopefully some upgrades in later runs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I wonder if higher temps in the UK this evening (or higher than I would have expected) have any effect on our chances of getting snow overnight/tomorrow?

Even with a SE wind (overland), it's raining in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I wonder if higher temps in the UK this evening (or higher than I would have expected) have any effect on our chances of getting snow overnight/tomorrow?

Even with a SE wind (overland), it's raining in Liverpool.
    No disrespect but it is always raining in liverpool! Much better than dublin. Worst of all is wales though. Like a tap on your head!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

What time are the NAE runs released at, e.g. the 18Z?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

"What time are the NAE runs released at, e.g. the 18Z?"

c. 8.30pm i think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

What time are the NAE runs released at, e.g. the 18Z?

Correction 21.15 just before the Gerry show :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement