Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Sala wrote: »
    I'd have to walk down two flights to door so no! But I'm in other side of Dublin 4 so still a fair bit away, here's hoping something starts here soon!

Don't worry eased off now, I'm sure it will be back, I can keep you up to date for a small fee... lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Ah that's rubbish, I thought you were going to say it was bucketing down now :-(

Sala wrote: »
    Ah that's rubbish, I thought you were going to say it was bucketing down now :-(

Well see, if you'd signed up to our premium rates, it could be bucketing down for you AND your family right now, there is SNOW limit to the service that can be given, as places are limited we've got a waiting list but if you sign up now we can get a deal in place for you at the start of next month, If you're interested please call 1850 M.T.SAYSSNOWMAGEDDENINFEB & we'll give you all the snow you could ever want...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Sleet falling in blackrock very light though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Light snow now covering cars in N.Cork :)... about fcuking time.

• Advertisement

Oooh, Met.ie have updated their forecast picture for tonight... :)

nat00_weather.png?0153

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

As I expected, all of that very light precip over the Irish sea didn't really have a chance at all to survive. It's all gone. Looking interesting for areas North of Dublin though, but from reports if all rain/sleet, surely will be some snow accumulations later for Louth/Meath/down etc .

Honestly it's almost 2am, nothing is going to magically explode for anywhere South of North Dublin at most and produce anything more than a dusting.

Goodnight folks, don't wait up for 0.25mm per hour rates, you can't even see it in a streetlamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

irishfeen wrote: »
    Light snow now covering cars in N.Cork :)... about fcuking time.

Location???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Location???
    About 8 miles SW of Mallow. Dusting on cars for the past 45min.

Here's a picture I took at 3 Rock, Dublin yesterday, hopefully we'll all see stuff like this soon! night all, happy snow hunting

3A4BFA872A91454DACB22D8C5C5A2896-0000354423-0003135343-00800L-57010455F8E54373A35CC8E07A710CB8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Hailstones, snazzle here

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WinterLove

Whats the night looking like for Wexford ? Sick of looking out my window ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Nice heavy snow falling here in West Limerick for the past 20 mins or so.

Sticking nicely to vehicles but not to the ground yet.

SNOW :D:D:D

Heading out into it now for work :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

Been snowing lightly here in North Cork for the last 2 hours, getting a bit heavier now and sticking to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Graupel showers at Dublin airport now.
    Dublin airport snow plan implemented from 0500 but I think they are looking for any excuse to use their shiny new equipment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

As usual on normal low ground in Dublin there is feck all snow. Any snow in Trim and Navan yet folks? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

some sleet falling in arklow

Christ, all I am asking for is a few inches of snow for I, the woman and the dog to play in for a few hours. :D It never comes when I look out, at least not any sufficient amount to cover the ground. :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

You couldn't make it up.

Snowing in Cork and the far south west from an atlantic system and rain and sleet and a bit of graupel in Dublin/Wicklow from an ENE'rly!! :rolleyes:

:D

Calibos wrote: »
    You couldn't make it up.

Snowing in Cork and the far south west from an atlantic system and rain and sleet and a bit of graupel in Dublin/Wicklow from an ENE'rly!! :rolleyes:

:D
    Mad, isn't it? Met Eireann are fairly brutal when it comes to predicting snow, most of the time they get it wrong or toss a coin about amounts or whether it will be just showers or prolonged snow. :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

10 miles NE of cork airport at 150m and no snow :( , Iwas gutted when I opened the curtains

This Meath man here living in Dublin is also gutted for both of us.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

heavy enough hail or graupel here now. Damn you marginality. Sure some places inland may get some sneachta from this maybe?

Again too warm, would need some really heavy precip to bring down any snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

EICK 210500Z 2106/2206 35005KT 9999 SCT012 BKN020 TEMPO 2106/2114 4000 -RASN BKN008 PROB30 TEMPO 2106/2110 1200 -SN BKN001 BECMG 2110/2112 29006KT BECMG 2112/2114 23005KT BECMG 2115/2117 17012KT TEMPO 2118/2201 4000 -RASN BKN007 BECMG 2119/2122 24007KT BECMG 2203/2206 10010KT

Latest TAF for cork just issued, chance of snow between 6am and 10am, Come onnnnnnnnnnnn

I'd be surprised if we get any decent amount of snow this winter in Dublin on lower ground at this rate. :(

M2 Dp was at 1.3 at 4am and went up to 1.8 at 5am !!

Fingers crossed there is a potent reload in early February like the reload on December 16th after the semi thaw in early December 2010 and we can forget about this sorry episode.

Tired and sick of waiting for some white magic stuff to appear on the ground at this stage. Back to bed for me. :D

I never left it, I just haven't been able to sleep :D

We are so unlucky! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I'm booking a ski holiday to fook
    Should be able to afford by 2020
    The only way is up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement