Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Whoop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

D15 - it's fairly icy/wet snow, not really 'the nice stuff'. The ground is quite wet in places so it's not sticking everywhere, slushy there. Bursts of graupel mixed in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Getting pretty here in Douglas, Cork. About 1cm so far and still falling. Not sticking yet on roads but gardens and cars all white now... Zipadeedoda (etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

heavy in Delgany now and everywhere white.....higher up in Wicklow getting whacked again....must be some serious accumulations up there now

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

still snowing a good bit here in citywest going to bring the kids to school so i can enjoy the snow:p:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    Congrats to all of ye that got / are getting snow. Hope ye enjoy.
    Greeting from a non snow drizzly damp dark green Donegal Town. :)

hey irish, you could practically walk to the snowline from donegal town

thankfully my house is clear (92m ) but the snow is about 200m

making out we havent got any when the hills are white round the town :D

to be honest its the best of all worlds clear roads and pretty hills

had to scrape snow from my car this morning but none on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Whites Cross , blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Will the buses be able to operate in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Getting heavier now much bigger flakes

Newcastle Dublin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Will the buses be able to operate in Dublin.

Yes.

The only updates they have are:
    Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to bad weather conditions the following diversions are in place until further notice.

ROUTE 44B

Route 44b will not serve Glencullen and will continue to Kilternan to 63 terminus

Route 185 will not serve Shop River and will terminate in Enniskerry village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Hey lads just looking at raintoday, is that system thats over the north west of england heading our way or will it fizzle out, looks to be alot of precipitation in it

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Nothing in Kildare...... Fume!:( :( (

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I woke up to see heavy snow in the south Dublin suburbs (about 100m ASL). There were bursts of hail but it was pretty heavy snow until I left. I had a flashback to 2010 when I was clearing the car with the brush this morning:D

Im now in the city centre now and its a mess just wet and sleety and pretty miserable.

Anyone have any expectations on how long this will last today or is intermittent showers all day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Trains from maynooth to city are packed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Finally, patience rewards! Complete white out here in Ongar, Dublin 15 which is just inside the Meath border :D
    It seems there are variations even within the same postcode as someone else on the Castlenock side of D15 said it's melting on the roads there yet they are all white here along with everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Woke up to a thin covering here. Lovely to wake up to. Hopefully the rest of the day can deliver a bit more. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Vudgie wrote: »
    I woke up to see heavy snow in the south Dublin suburbs (about 100m ASL). There were bursts of hail but it was pretty heavy snow until I left. I had a flashback to 2010 when I was clearing the car with the brush this morning:D

Im now in the city centre now and its a mess just wet and sleety and pretty miserable.

Anyone have any expectations on how long this will last today or is intermittent showers all day?

Showers will die out before a reload tonight. We'll probably have some patchy sleet/snow during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Snow in D12 is crazy! been on and off last hour,very heavy at times.We have a complete covering its hard for me to believe some of you in Dublin dont have snow.Hope you all eventually get some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

What's the story with the snow in Balbriggan?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

Snow in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Light covering of grass and roofs, cars etc, not sticking to paths and roads, in Bray now.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

snowy very very very very heavey here in citywest as in north pole snow kids are having a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Just looked out my window in leixlip and boom! Snow as far as the eye can see. MT was right, monday was the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

FREETV wrote: »
    What's the story with the snow in Balbriggan?
    There is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG SNOWING HEAVILY IN CORK CITY! Beginning to stick on rooves and cars!! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Pouring down snow again here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

In work now,, nothing in eastpoint but looking at the webcams for lucan, its bad out there

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Nice covering in NewtownMountkennedy Co Wicklow this morning

Still snowing as i type this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Rain sleet in Dublin 4. Reminds me of Friday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG SNOWING HEAVILY IN CORK CITY! Beginning to stick on rooves and cars!! :eek::D
    Leahyl please don't explode .... delighted for ya :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement