Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

gurramok wrote: »
    Swords is on the coast, Blanch is probably at least 7miles inland. They are very short showers so far lasting about 10min, hardly sticky blizzard stuff yet.
    I am five miles from the sea, I can see it at the back of the house. I know that, I used to live there for three years, it is near Malahide Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Now lashing snow here in Clonsilla, bucketing down

Feck it, I want snow, I am jealous. :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

leahyl wrote: »
    Proper fluffy snow now - staying on the ground :D

:mad: Raining here not a hope of anything sticking if it do come

Solyad wrote: »

Any pictures so that we can see it please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

Snowing away in Cork, everything is white, including roads :) !

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

OMG SNOWING HEAVILY IN CORK CITY! Beginning to stick on rooves and cars!! :eek::D

:D Delighted for you Leahyl, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Getting heavy again

Newcastle Dublin

It would be very nice to see more photos of snow falling and the locations people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

This precipitation has elements of a warm front to it... Since the wind has become more northeasterly, the warmest two NRA road weather stations are in Louth. Also, the M2 buoy was already at 4.4 degrees at 8am!

So enjoy the snow while it lasts:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

:) , Wet snow but sure... better than no snow!

38535810151423891511718au.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Proper fluffy snow now - staying on the ground :D

Where cork city isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

A good foot of snow 500mtrs up in Templeglantine, Sugar Hill. And me gas bottle just ran out on the cooker with no spare!!! Baked beans and instant noodles for a week cos no-one gets gritted up here... !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Just raining here, Dublin 5, grrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Stop just saying "here" in your posts add your locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Lol. What an embarrassing amount of snow! But there is actually something falling from there sky!

Ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

OMG SNOWING HEAVILY IN CORK CITY! Beginning to stick on rooves and cars!! :eek::D

White winter wonderland hear near Mallow! great to see after all the waiting. thought our chances had gone last night. another chance this evening by the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

This precipitation has elements of a warm front to it... Since the wind has become more northeasterly, the warmest two NRA road weather stations are in Louth. Also, the M2 buoy was already at 4.4 degrees at 8am!

So enjoy the snow while it lasts:(
    M2 was 4.7 an hour ago... its the stronger showers that are producing snow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Getting heavy again

Newcastle Dublin
    Well if ya get stuck, you know who to call, wait til around 1.45 though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Fairly heavy snow shower at the moment in Lucan.
    Melting on the road and footpath though.
    Looks like I'll be bussing it into town. The roads will be full of idiots today. I'll only be driven demented if I drive. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

Probably a bit late, but anyone going to work should leave early. There's reports of delayed bus journeys around the city. Anyone driving, take care as there is slush around, even in the City Centre, that is not very visible and you could be easily caught out.

Well said Cherryghost, take care out there drive to the appropriate conditions do not drive at the speed you would normally drive at, leave plenty of room between you and the vehicle in front stopping distances are going to be much greater. Just because you might be driving a 4x4 does not mean you are safe either you still have only 4 tires on the ground, the amount of idiots i see in them flying around the place in weather like this just because they have a 4x4 they think they are ok YOU ARE NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

White winter wonderland hear near Mallow! great to see after all the waiting. thought our chances had gone last night. another chance this evening by teh forecast.

Officially now ninja snow in cork city- sticking on roads now. About 2 cm so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

3 hour forecast

237383.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow had gone light but picking up here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

FREETV wrote: »
    I am five miles from the sea, I can see it at the back of the house. I know that, I used to live there for three years, it is near Malahide Swords.

What is near Malahide Swords? Blanch? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    Fairly heavy snow shower at the moment in Lucan.
    Melting on the road and footpath though.
    Looks like I'll be bussing it into town. The roads will be full of idiots today. I'll only be driven demented if I drive. :(

Be careful on the footpaths as up by griffeen etc they are white. Bus journey is grand, saves you petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Solyad wrote: »

confirmed! just gotten heavier again down the road in Ongar too - on top of existing lying snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

A friend just texted me that it's falling heavy in city centre Fitzwilliam St right now and starting to stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

light snowy shower here on the Offaly-Kildare border only lasted a few minutes, better than nothing i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Getting lighter now but it has still managed to cover the "Christmas Trees" outside my office and the roof tops :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement