Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

13011906_1712.gif

Queue news reports of how the "country grinds to a hault with snow in Dublin" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

cul-2008 wrote: »
    Queue news reports of how the "country grinds to a hault with snow in Dublin" :rolleyes:

It shows no snow for dublin, just for the higher levels of wicklow mountains.

muaahahaha *jealous evil laugh*

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

cul-2008 wrote: »
    Its not showing snow for Dublin on that..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Dunno where you guys think Dublin is but it definitely shows the first/second shade of pink over Dublin.

Dan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Massive snow around Roundwood to Glendalough area this weekend from the looks of that.
    From experience living in the area, the snow ploughs are pretty efficient . No matter how bad the snow was overnight its usually clear on the main roads by midday. Don't go near there if its snowing any time though or prepare to spend the night in a ditch.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Plans for tomorrow, gather up as much snow as possible and put it into a cooler, drive all way to tuam to cheer up a certain man :D Whos with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

It is indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

There was a tiny bit of snowfall here in swords 15 minutes ago so i think it will snow tonight here for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Now i dont know if it'll rain or snow here, but judging by the strength of the wind, something big is on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

What time are the NAE runs released at, e.g. the 18Z?

Rolling out now, in a few mins anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

It is indeed.
    It was snowing in dublin a few days ago, Sunday to be precise, only for about 20/30 minutes and it was not that cold. So based on that fact there will be quite a bit of snow in dublin over next 96 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Jus a quick snap of what sky news are showing for midday tomorrow !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

precip further southwest again on the NAE 18z. Will the cold follow? hmmm.

13011912_1718.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's just started snowing in Belfast. Not sure how much snow we will get tomorrow but in the 80s I before witnessed one of these rain to snow events with a west/east cold air collide and the result was far from pretty. I still remember it clearly, went to bed early (child) back then and woke up in the morning to a foot of snow and no power. Not saying this will happen tomorrow but the possibilities are there for the north-east.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

:eek:
    NIALL D wrote: »
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So 6C and snow. I don't think so

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It also shows 6c over Dublin? Not very conducive for snow methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

zenno wrote: »
    There was a tiny bit of snowfall here in swords 15 minutes ago so i think it will snow tonight here for sure.

Are you in a hot air balloon over Swords at 1000m? I'm in Swords and its still just rain :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Is the latest roll out any good on models guys?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gonzo wrote: »
    It's just started snowing in Belfast.

:confused: 5c DP 5c at Belfast City AP.

Could be ashes from burnt tricolours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

It's just started snowing in Belfast. Not sure how much snow we will get tomorrow but in the 80s I before witnessed one of these rain to snow events with a west/east cold air collide and the result was far from pretty. I still remember it clearly, went to bed early (child) back then and woke up in the morning to a foot of snow and no power. Not saying this will happen tomorrow but the possibilities are there for the north-east.

Snow already in Belfast? Didn't think it was meant to arrive till the "wee" hours of the morning!

Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Seriously guys ignore sky weather forecasts for Ireland ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It also shows 6c over Dublin? Not very conducive for snow methinks.

6 is probably max temp on Friday (probably early hours of the morning)

Midday temps :

13011812_2_1712.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

6 degrees in belfast, milder than dublin so put away that pipe! Must be ur dandruff!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was watching the news and your man on the tv said it just started snowing. perhaps he is mistaking burnt ash for snow but stranger things have happened before. It's snowed here in the past at 4C.

I was watching the news and your man on the tv said it just started snowing. perhaps he is mistaking burnt ash for snow but stranger things have happened before. It's snowed here in the past at 4C.

Could snow alright at 4c, but your DP would want to be pretty low/sub-zero.

Must be somewhere pretty high, Glenshane Pass or somewhere. Aldergrove is also reporting 5c DP 5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerry Baxter

About time we got some cold weather and better now than in April/May when all those little buds are peeping out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

HE SAID SNOW!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement