Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It wasn't too bad when I left home at circa 7.30 this morning - more than snizzle, but still light enough. However, I drove into proper snow a few miles down the road, and it was sticking on the R755. Was close to being bad enough that people would be getting stuck if they broke too hard or didn't carry enough speed into an incline.

I made it in, but that snow shower made it's way back towards the village, and reports from home say it hasn't stopped since and no one else has bothered, and the school is shut. "Type of snow you love" apparently...

Anyway, it was beginning to stick around Cabinteely and Stillorgan on my way in the N11 - grass white and the slush starting to have a white cap, but not even raining now in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Now there was a sight for sore eyes this morning :D.. beautiful morning here.

2cz56d4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

No snow here in Dundalk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Apparently a pretty rapid thaw is happening in South Dublin, can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

God damn rain here in arklow :( ..... Same in Gorey..... Anybody know what it's like in wicklow town?. Have to drive from arklow to Gorey to wicklow at 2:30!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Vudgie wrote: »
    Apparently a pretty rapid thaw is happening in South Dublin, can anyone confirm?
    My misses was saying to me a bit ago that it is still very much laying in Tyrellstown/Blanch area and that it has been on and off...according to the radio it has to be on and off all day with heavier snow this afternoon and evening?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

Thawing here in Dun Laoghaire - temp up to 2.3c...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah its stopped and seems to be going quickly. Dundrum area.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

the snow is starting to fall of the branches . I guess it's starting to melt....Nooooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

It is in D16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Seems to be melting away in Clonsilla now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

What are the chances of the DPs dropping in Dublin and surrounding counties at sea level?? It would be a shame to see that oncoming system going to waste for the majority of us.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

What are the chances o9f ppn making it to the nw coast from the band just hitting belfast now ? (no not a flute band... a weather band)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

The atlantic front now seems to be forcing the Irish Sea streamers away from the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Aint fair its going! Want more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

No more precip for Dublin I fear (could be wrong). Looks decent enough for Louth and NI though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Feckin rain all night in Drogheda it's not fair :( but its snowing now but I think it's to wet to stick. Fieldstown is a 10 min drive north of Drogheda and most if it is 140 to 200 meters ASL and its had snow on the ground since yesterday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Falling off the branches and melting off the car roofs here in D4

I heard Kerry got up to 6 inches of snow last nite and cork got some to. I'm happy for u down there. But please send it up here wen your ready :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

furtzy wrote: »
    Falling off the branches and melting off the car roofs here in D4

Same in D18.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Just starting to snow here now.

As quick as it started to snow it's turned back to rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭ongarite

The sound of melting snow here in Dublin 15.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A couple of pics from Firhouse this morning

ballycullen1.jpg

ballycullen2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    The atlantic front now seems to be forcing the Irish Sea streamers away from the coast.

Moisture from the low pressure in rotation over britain is being boosted by the irish sea all along east coast can expect further precipitation today/tonight, the streamer are all following the lows rotation, but will it be snow?? ... marginal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Glad to hear a lot of people seemed to get in on the snow action across the country. The Dublin and Wicklow mountains must be something else at this point. Will head up there at weekend. To think there was even snow up there last week when it wasn't even that cold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Very light snow started in Clonsilla. Hard to know if it'll be much or turn to rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Short graupel/Rain shower in Ranelagh just there, snow 80% melted now.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hendrix75

Rain/sleet in Belfast, Rain in mid ulster coming in this morning and from family in Newry also rain/sleet. Whatever is coming in from the east is hitting something warm :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Pelting snow here at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement