Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

Taxedalot wrote: »
    It is in D16.

Something has started to fall again! Light graupel by the looks of it, but maybe there's life in this yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭premiercad

237401.jpg

6 complicated areas of low pressure, Current Low pressure heading roughly for Louth with majority of precip on northern side but lots of moisture boosted up by Irish sea all around this low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Not a thing in Santry since this started. I've given up on coastal Dublin entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

Taxedalot wrote: »
    Something has started to fall again! Light graupel by the looks of it, but maybe there's life in this yet!

Stopped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Confab wrote: »
    Not a thing in Santry since this started. I've given up on coastal Dublin entirely.
    said earlier,very surreal was right good snow and still heavy falls in Blanch/tyrellstown,when i came by Rosemount and onto the hump back bridge before cappagh hospital there wasnt even a covering on the roads,then came down the oscar traynor and looked as though it was a different planet to were i left:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

And the snow is back :) but it needs to keep it up every time it starts to stick it stops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Raining here in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

some sleet in D11 now

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

I would say that's it now for Dublin . I hope I'm wrong .Still think MT's forecast could be pretty accurate , this being an anemeic cold spell and maybe this is just a taster for what's to come on the 1st of Feb.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

premiercad wrote: »
    Moisture from the low pressure in rotation over britain is being boosted by the irish sea all along east coast can expect further precipitation today/tonight, the streamer are all following the lows rotation, but will it be snow?? ... marginal :rolleyes:
    They're not streamers!! This isn't December 2010. The stuff affecting Louth and northwards is organised precipitation at the southern end of a front stretching from here to the North Sea.

Please have a look at these hi-resolution forecast charts before making further unfounded claims. Any precipitation south of Balbriggan is dying out now, and the models have predicted this (controls to go further in time are in bottom left hand corner of page)
    http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartshirlamopukrain.php

• Advertisement

I would say that's it now for Dublin . I hope I'm wrong .Still think MT's forecast could be pretty accurate , this being an anemeic cold spell and maybe this is just a taster for what's to come on the 1st of Feb.:)
    still saying on the radio that we have to get a fair falling tonight and this afternoon

make their bloody mind up:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    still saying on the radio that we have to get a fair falling tonight and this afternoon

Met saying more snow tomorrow for Dubs as well.

Camera isn't great only an I phone but its starting to stick

gerrybhoy wrote: »

I know but according to MT's forecast this morning there is no more snow mentioned for Dublin . Only above 250 asl .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arctic_ire

Snowing in celbridge. Light to moderate. Flakes getting larger now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Starting to snow in dublin 8, pretty heavy looking shower coming from Phoenix park direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Coming down heavy here near Heuston:D

Really hope we get more snow I need an excuse to take the kids out of school early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Snowing steadily in NewtownMountKennedy for the past 20 mins now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snow getting much heavier now around the liberties area. nice !!

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭premiercad

They're not streamers!! This isn't December 2010. The stuff affecting Louth and northwards is organised precipitation at the southern end of a front stretching from here to the North Sea.

Please have a look at these hi-resolution forecast charts before making further unfounded claims. Any precipitation south of Balbriggan is dying out now, and the models have predicted this (controls to go further in time are in bottom left hand corner of page)
    http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartshirlamopukrain.php

so you think streamers (Lake-effect snow) can't happen in a large area of low pressure like this as it gets a convective boost over the Irish Sea?

this is why this forum is F*"ked wink.png i'll leave it to ya...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bucketing down in Parkwest D12 atm.

I know but according to MT's forecast this morning there is no more snow mentioned for Dublin . Only above 250 asl .
    crazy though as my misses has been out with the little maniacs playing in the snow and it has been on and off this morning:D

MT has far more
    knowledge than me,i am clueless with the weather stuff,just like a kid with the snow....just the local weather etc is maintaining more now this evening and afternoon and also to morow,hopefully a few wee sneaky showers the rest of the day :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Melting here in Ballycullen/Firhouse.

Temp is 0C and so is the dewpoint.

Looks like it's over for now.......unless that ppn that's pivoting in from the Irish sea drops a bit further south....:(

Ah well, enjoyed it while it lasted!:)

Sorry just started snowing lightly again here at 11.56!

Just drove to Citywest from Blanch for work and it was raining pretty much everywhere except Citywest. Blanch looks like it's got its melt on.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

starting again here in citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

kenmc wrote: »
    Bucketing down in Parkwest D12 atm.

Snow or Rain or what?

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Pelting down in Walkinstown Dublin 12 ... Not quiet done for just yet !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Wet snow falling quite heavily in portmarnock now!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement