Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

DOCARCH wrote: »

Could snow alright at 4c, but your DP would want to be pretty low/sub-zero.

Must be somewhere pretty high, Glenshane Pass or somewhere. Aldergrove is also reporting 5c DP 5c atm.

Those unionist flags are very'flakey' ok......must be that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There is going to be snow to low levels tomorrow, why he has the need to cling the snow phrase to hills and high ground is really strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    It was snowing in dublin a few days ago, Sunday to be precise, only for about 20/30 minutes and it was not that cold. So based on that fact there will be quite a bit of snow in dublin over next 96 hours!!

Let's hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 irish snowblower

Hello all first post, will I put the blower on (live in Laois)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXpmKX5VxY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ah Jerry, How do you get so many hours :o

They do the tv broadcasts in cycles dont they, wont see him for a while soon enough. Siobhan,Evelyn and Jean will be on stage before he returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    It was snowing in dublin a few days ago, Sunday to be precise, only for about 20/30 minutes and it was not that cold. So based on that fact there will be quite a bit of snow in dublin over next 96 hours!!

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

There is going to be snow to low levels tomorrow, why he has the need to cling the snow phrase to hills and high ground is really strange.

Wrong thread there WC. Tut tut. You should be leading by example ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Wow Gerry, you said snow:eek: :D and schleet a few too many times.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Time will tell, though looking at temps across the country right now he may have a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

I'm on the border of that line in north leinster where it could be rain or snow :D

What'll be, What will it be!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Gerry sticking to his guns from earlier, "sleet and possibly snow" . Hope we get six feet of snow everywhere and he gets sacked by lunchtime tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

All I have to say to that forecast is:

whitney-houston-bla-bla-bla-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-280.gif

OOps wrong thread I think! Mods please move if you wish!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

anyone estimate what time it may start turning sleety/snowy here in Meath @ 16km North of blanchardstown? Is there any point in staying up late tonight for some lamp-post duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Little downgrade on the NAE for 6am

13011806_1718.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Rougies wrote: »
    Wrong thread there WC. Tut tut. You should be leading by example ;)

He's so excited, leave him be. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Gonzo wrote: »
    anyone estimate what time it may start turning sleety/snowy here in Meath @ 16km North of blanchardstown? Is there any point in staying up late tonight for some lamp-post duty?

04.37 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Are you in a hot air balloon over Swords at 1000m? I'm in Swords and its still just rain :confused:

I wish. There was a tiny tiny bit of snow but it didn't last long but i get the impression that if it gave a tiny bit at this time then it might snow later when the temp drops more. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Little downgrade on the NAE for 6am

12 noon .. :D

Jaysus at this rate it'll be Cork and Waterford getting all the snow the way the NAE is trending! ;)

13011812_1718.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Back on track by midday !!

13011812_1718.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    What?

There was some brief snow around early Sunday before it turned to rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Think we're going to have a lot of disapponited people tomorrow :o

NAE still looking good for rain turning to sleet/snow by around 6am and turning to snow by midday

13011812_1718.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I wouldn't be really worried about tomorrow it was only ever the North east that were going to come off best, Its sunday night into Monday we should be looking at.

Well if you look at the 18z for tomorrow you would say Gerry is spot on.
    Thickness, dew points, uppers, temps all look too high to support any lowground snow away from NI.

I might have been slating Gerry's forecast last night but tonight I think he is right and I think the beeb are over doing it

You focusing on a much coarser GFS 18z though?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fully Established

Think we're going to have a lot of disapponited people tomorrow :o

I think your right unless the people are in Northern Ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

There was some brief snow around early Sunday before it turned to rain.

The part that confused me was the statement that those flurries= definite big snow in dublin tomorrow. NAE looking good though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Well if you look at the 18z for tomorrow you would say Gerry is spot on.
    Thickness, dew points, uppers, temps all look too high to support any lowground snow away from NI.

I might have been slating Gerry's forecast last night but tonight I think he is right and I think the beeb are over doing it

Yes. +24 uppers and DPs. Don't look great.

236770.gif

236772.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Back on track by midday !!

13011812_1718.gif

It is still too mild anywhere except lugnaquilla oor exsmple for snow at the moment. Readings I have right now are 5 degrees for dublin and belfast. Yesterday dublin and belfast were between 3 and 4 degrees while cork and shannon were 8 degrees. Big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Temps are supposed to drop to 2 celcius in east dublin later so there's a good chance the rain will turn to snow from the easterly cold front. We'll have to see though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

You focusing on a much coarser GFS 18z though?

Your forgetting one important thing Matty that Gerry is keeping in mind.
    If Ireland has a chance of dodging snow, no matter how small it seems to do it. Now if you add the 18z gfs to this frame of mind you get Gerry's forecast as being spot on.
    Its 6C in Cork Sat evening and 3C in Dublin.
    That's Saturday, when we were meant to be freezing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement