Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Chucking it down with snow here in Donegal and has been this last hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Met Eireann sticking with their forecast that the ppn will push across the south tonight. Interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Howth almost subzero for the first time! +0.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Snowing in Donegal,rather unexpected with the FC I seen for today

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

Rougies wrote: »
    LAtest NAE for tonight has the precip much more extensive across the northern half of the country, and also pushing further into the Southwest.

Would this include us Dubs Rougies ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

LAtest NAE for tonight has the precip much more extensive across the northern half of the country, and also pushing further into the Southwest.

could you post on this please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Howth almost subzero for the first time! +0.2c
    -1 in Arklow now.
    I see Evelyn has the cork Kerry precip sliding up wexford and Wicklow overnight.
    Interesting.
    On phone ,no access to PC,did 12z ecm change that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Anyone got a link for this ?
    Starting to get v interesting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Snow queen Wexford

The YR model i posted earlier has the precip tracking North until mid morning. Going by it, all counties South of the line from Dublin to Clare should get something, but it doesn't look like anything significant except for parts of Wexford, Wicklow and Dublin. Once it clears that line it fizzles out. Patchy bits of precip for the rest of tomorrow but its very patchy. It looks like the best we will see up until Thursday.
    Im in South west wexford near between new ross and hook head... do u think we will ge a decent fall??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Met Eireann sticking with their forecast that the ppn will push across the south tonight. Interesting to see what happens.

It was forecasted by the models to travel South East so i had given up on anything tonight but i tracked its movement in the last few hours and its moving in our direction. Definitely cold enough with a heavy frost already and a temp of -0.7c Fingers crossed it will deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

paddy ocon wrote: »
    Would this include us Dubs Rougies ?

Yeah but it's all very light and won;t amount to much :(

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to ramp, I suppose I'm just clutching at straws and got excited when I saw the change. In reality it;s still not that good at all. But better ;)

Chucking it down with snow here in Donegal and has been this last hour :D
    Weathering wrote: »
    Snowing in Donegal,rather unexpected with the FC I seen for today

Glorious isn't it ;) I'm at 248 ASL so not too high either.

8402546223_0b25ba8f3b_c.jpg

8403637588_dceb6a7923_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Met eireann also seem to think its goin to track up along the east coast in the early morning, it was just on the half nine weather der. Mite be something to watch if u live in the Dublin area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Perfect conditions up there, showers cracking away and no sea wind to turn the precip to rain.

This is the type of situation that coastal Dublin will need if they want snow in the next 2 days (No onshore wind)

soso true. One of the lessons the 2010 cold spells taught me

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

It was forecasted by the models to travel South East so i had given up on anything tonight but i tracked its movement in the last few hours and its moving in our direction. Definitely cold enough with a heavy frost already and a temp of -0.7c Fingers crossed it will deliver.

Latest 3hr forecast from ME
    3hr-rain.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

I wonder what stage the models will back off the Friday/Saturday breakdown in the cold air. In fairness if they are as reliable on the breakdown as they were on the arrival of the extreme cold, we just still might be in business!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

-2 in waterford city, clear skies. Even without snow it should be very white here in the morning. Already grass and roofs are white due to heavy frost. Any standing water has already froze over.

Take care driving some slippy parts around

Glorious isn't it ;) I'm at 248 ASL so not too high either.

The Subaru badge is very appropriate for that photo :pac: Looking good up there for the night, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

I wonder what stage the models will back off the Friday/Saturday breakdown in the cold air. In fairness if they are as reliable on the breakdown as they were on the arrival of the extreme cold, we just still might be in business!!:D
    Aaa u will see they will be right about the mild muck...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Im in South west wexford near between new ross and hook head... do u think we will ge a decent fall??

I'd say you'll get a mixed bag of drizzel and some form of snow.

Won't be record breaking though.

• Advertisement

3hr-rain.gif

Im not a weather expert just a snow fan. I am in wexford between new ross and hook head.. what does this mean for me??

3hr-rain.gif

Im not a weather expert just a snow fan. I am in wexford between new ross and hook head.. what does this mean for me??

The Subaru badge is very appropriate for that photo :pac: Looking good up there for the night, enjoy!

Ha ha, pretty much the reason the car was bought!

I have to say though this forum, although I'm more of a lurker, really has taught me lots about reading charts ect. It wasn't that long ago I hadn't a notion what was going on in here but now at least I can understand it somewhat, Kudos to you guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Subaru ftw! The only reason I want snow is to head out in mine.chances improving tonight

I'd say you'll get a mixed bag of drizzel and some form of snow.

Won't be record breaking though.

What time does it look like hitting us.... so I can set an alarm!! lol Dont wanna miss the only flakes we might get!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

do ye think limerick will get any ?

Ha ha, pretty much the reason the car was bought!

I have to say though this forum, although I'm more of a lurker, really has taught me lots about reading charts ect. It wasn't that long ago I hadn't a notion what was going on in here but now at least I can understand it somewhat, Kudos to you guys ;)

I'm only a snow bunny blow in and I've learnt everything I know (which is feck all compared to them and mostly snow related) from the proper weather enthusiasts around here so kudos to those indeed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Light flakes here, car a tiny bit white , but the flakes are rather moist.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

What time does it look like hitting us.... so I can set an alarm!! lol Dont wanna miss the only flakes we might get!!
    After 12 ish,.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Could be interesting if temps are right and it keeps tracking the way it's going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement