Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What time does it look like hitting us.... so I can set an alarm!! lol Dont wanna miss the only flakes we might get!!

Midnight onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Getting colder here now in Waterford and the south in general. Winds have picked up abit since earlier aswell but it's not very noticeable to be honest.

I'm more optimistic tonight then I was yesterday lower temperatures plus the charts seem to be showing some interesting results and not forgetting some weather channels seem to be showing snow.

(also I'm going to sue sky news for lying to the people of the south east and other people who didn't get snow. False hope is a new low :mad:) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Snow queen Wexford

Cogsy88 wrote: »

Could be interesting if temps are right and it keeps tracking the way it's going.
    There is a really heavy frost down, syarted freezing before dark so thats a good sign....
    Well I guess Ill be waiting up so.... window watching!!! :) Hope Im not dissapointed!! Thanks everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Someone just said to me that I was bluffing...

8402656331_26d9a6ae10.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

Been snowing steadily here since around 5. There is a good 3 inches lying now and it's much lighter now. Other areas around in the s Armagh hills have gotten much more. Does anyone know a link for the nae precip chart? Wonder if there is much for later as I missed the Met E forecast at 9. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

TV 3 now, severe weather events of 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

justy182 wrote: »
    Been snowing steadily here since around 5. There is a good 3 inches lying now and it's much lighter now. Other areas around in the s Armagh hills have gotten much more. Does anyone know a link for the nae precip chart? Wonder if there is much for later as I missed the Met E forecast at 9. Thanks

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=euro&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&VAR=prec&HH=3&BASE=-&WMO=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Deank wrote: »
    TV 3 now, severe weather events of 2010

3e ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Sorry for the stupid question but is there more snow due for the east? Meath/Dublin region....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

3e ;)
    Thanks all those Ballymount channels look the same to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

chris2007 wrote: »

Thanks for that. Maybe a few more showers, nothing much accumulating. Just got a picture from my sister in Belfast. A good 4 to 5 inches on car and still coming down strong. Don't know how to post it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

justy182 wrote: »
    Been snowing steadily here since around 5. There is a good 3 inches lying now and it's much lighter now. Other areas around in the s Armagh hills have gotten much more.

I have relatives in Enniskillen and they have not seen a single flake!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

-1 here now, already a hard frost. Coldest it's been in over a week. Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Hmm, think thats it for Louth and the NE for snow from this current cold spell. Time for a quick break and then a return for a serious bit of model watching to spot signs of that main event hopefully coming soon.............

tumblr_lyiozdxiCb1qhix9ko1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Shane732 wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question but is there more snow due for the east? Meath/Dublin region....

There is a chance of a few slow moving showers moving on to the east coast through overnight and tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Temps in coastal Wicklow nose-diving in a big way...

http://www.wicklowweather.com/Home.htm

Air Temperature -1.6°C
    Dewpoint -2.9°C

Oh no, I'm suckered in again now with F5 on about 4 different sites!

There is a chance of a few slow moving showers moving on to the east coast through overnight and tomorrow.

Thanking you kindly sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

-1 in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

3e ;)

Then Beavis and Butt-Head. :)
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tonight the Irish sea is where to look, a few showers drifting northwards in the very slack upper flow.

The upper flow will change very slightly to the east over night, but 10m winds will be near calm.

• Advertisement

Mr. Larson wrote: »

Air Temperature -1.6°C
    Dewpoint -2.9°C

Just one other question - for snow should the air temp be lower than the dew point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Just looking at the radar, is it the precipitation appearing off the south west of the UK that could be making a move up along the East Coast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Mr. Larson wrote: »

Air Temperature -1.6°C
    Dewpoint -2.9°C

That weather station is only 1 mile from the sea.

Arklows temp is rising

-1.2c

dewpoint -2.2c

http://www.arklowweather.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Just looking at the radar, is it the precipitation appearing off the south west of the UK that could be making a move up along the East Coast?
    The showers tomorrow will be related to it yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

Shane732 wrote: »
    Just one other question - for snow should the air temp be lower than the dew point?

Dew point can never be higher than temp

The dew point is the temperature below which the water vapor in a volume of humid air at a constant barometric pressure will condense into liquid water. Condensed water is called dew when it forms on a solid surface (wikipedia)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

-3 here in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Any chance of Athlone seeing a few flakes.? Very dissapointed we seen nothing during this cold spell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Latest update from ME
    21 January 2013 22:33

Today Very cold tonight with some wintry showers of sleet and snow - mainly across southern and eastern counties (snow accumulations mainly over higher ground, but a dusting on some lower levels too). Long dry spells elsewhere, with a widespread sharp to severe frost. Ice on untreated surfaces also, along with patches of freezing fog. Lowest temperatures of 0 to -5 degrees.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Freezing in waterford tonight so I suppose thus event is over we can all hope for next week hooefully we will see a change for the better???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Any more snow in the forecast for Cork? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement