Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

jo06555 wrote: »
    Freezing in waterford tonight so I suppose thus event is over we can all hope for next week hooefully we will see a change for the better???

no i think waterford could see something for tonight, anywhere in the south has a chance really showers very scattered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

My expert opinion :P (or not so much)

(This is for the east coast, dont fret south coasters, this is a IMBY type forecast)

met2245prediction.png

iDann wrote: »
    Any more snow in the forecast for Cork? :D

i think snow could fall here to maybe not widespread but still a dusting is possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

The mild breakthrough seems to have been pushed back a bit now, met eireann hav updated their forecast and are expecting frost on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

iDann wrote: »
    Any more snow in the forecast for Cork? :D
    Again the front seems to be fizzling out once it moves inland from the Kerry/West Cork coast. A few scattered showers might be in store but nothing major, accumulations in West Cork/Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

On the ME rainfall raidar there is ppn moving in from the south, looks to be hitting the coast around crosshaven heading north for the city...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Ah Weathercheck plz do one for us south coasters too:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Wat about the Louth area will it see snow over nite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Judging by the radar and temps are falling pretty rapidly down here I'm getting increasingly optimistic and excitied and finally the south east and Waterford may actually get finally some god damn snow. :pac:

Just looked outside and it's freezing alright and frost has been on many cars since 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Radar showing some thing coming up towards south east but hopefully it does not filter away by time gets to us ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

irishfeen wrote: »
    Again the front seems to be fizzling out once it moves inland from the Kerry/West Cork coast. A few scattered showers might be in store but nothing major, accumulations in West Cork/Kerry.

Its the mountains which have disrupted its movement. Some showers seem to be moving into West Cork and up to Cork Harbour as we speak. They might fizzle out as well but we'll see.

On the ME rainfall raidar there is ppn moving in from the south, looks to be hitting the coast around crosshaven heading north for the city...
    The rain today radar seems to be showing its fizzling out alot, even before it hits the city.
    EDIT: The 11:15 ME radar seems to be showing the same fizzling out effect.
    11:00

14ax2me.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

irishfeen wrote: »
    The rain today radar seems to be showing its fizzling out alot, even before it hits the city.
    EDIT: The 11:15 ME radar seems to be showing the same fizzling out effect.
    11:00

14ax2me.jpg

Same stuff now on ME radar :(

Same stuff now on ME radar :(
    Same old story :rolleyes:... Last night was exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Just trying to see if I can post this correctly but......
    Still a LOT of people on this forum - despite the rotten forecast and the BIG disappointment we all feel at this so-called snow "event"

444 people here - or else 444 computers on and people elsewhere.....

Snow-dancing

Lampost watching

Radar flipping

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If any of that moisture does come overland I reckon it would be from 1am onwards. Always the possibility it might not make it at all though.

Perfect for it here at the moment, temp -3, DP -4. Lots of frost on the car as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I don't think theres a chance for Waterford this week. Although Temp and DP's are fine tonight, all of that precip A) Is very very light, and B) is rapidly fizzling out.

February.. We can but hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Can see things kicking off for Waterford/Wexford Coast at midnight/half 12, east Wicklow by 2:00 and Dublin area at about 4. Expecting a dusting for Dublin area. Goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

im in tramore looking out over the bay at the amazing sea fog caused by the low air temp (dew point -1.0) and the high (ha! 7degreesish) sea temperatures. still now sign of snow though, anyone have helpful news of snow in this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

blankAs wrote: »
    im in tramore looking out over the bay at the amazing sea fog caused by the low air temp (dew point -1.0) and the high (ha! 7degreesish) sea temperatures. still now sign of snow though, anyone have helpful news of snow in this area?

Well according to the tramore weather station temps have gone into the minuses which is good and hopefully will continue falling.

Snow could be possible in tramore but don't know right now.

• Advertisement

For any fellow Waterfordians out there Mickger844posts has a great website
    www.waterfordcityweather.com if you want to keep an eye on temps etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

coldest night so far Imo in Arklow brrrr....... cant heat up :( ........ please let there be snow in the morning for me :) ..... also what are the chances of Gorey getting snow also??? ..... I've school run from arklow to gorey and wud love a day off ;) LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Frost on cars and road since 10pm tonight ... heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

Anyone expecting snow I really hope ye get a good blast of it tonite .:)

To the weather guru's :Any hope Tonight for the Dubliners ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Rain south of Cork has fizzled out. Now our eyes are turned on the front pushing over West Cork.

Rain south of Cork has fizzled out. Now our eyes are turned on the front pushing over West Cork.
    Do you think anything will come for limerick tonight?

Totally fizzled out in a matter of about 45min :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

jo06555 wrote: »
    Frost on cars and road since 10pm tonight ... heres hoping
    I can't see it myself, on the radar it's fizzling out.

200motels wrote: »
    I can't see it myself, on the radar it's fizzling out.

Me either, time to throw in the towel. Might be totally surprised in the morning but its looking more and more doubtful.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Snow queen Wexford

Still thick frost n a clear sky here!! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement