Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

-5 in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

-5 in Baldoyle North Dublin. Well this was unexpected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

-2.5c here and frozen over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

-5 in bray

Beginning to cloud up now, i wonder how quickly the temperatures will spike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

That stuff coming off the Irish Sea seems to be fizzling out as it reaches land. It's a pitty as it looked to be beefing up a bit earlier on.

-3 in Arklow now, up from -5 an hour ago.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cloud has just arrived overhead. -3.9c now. Expect that to rise quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

-4.0C now after dropping to -4.2C.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

-7.0c in rural Navan, Meath, with freezing fog also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

M2 is showing a ENE wind, anyone know what it was showing at 7am
    Ignore .. didn't check the time I see its SE at 8 am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Living and working in South Tipp Kilkenny Waterford East Limerick area. Have seen no snow well maybe a few light flakes yesterday morning. It has been cold but nothing out of the ordinary. In this area it has been cloudy most of the time and this weather event has really been a non event. This morningits a little frosty but nothin we havent seen thousands of times before without any ramping or hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

shower should hit here v soon

m2 buoy dp is 2.2c. not inspiring. cloud will probably just melt our frost.

slight offshore winds holding

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-3.0c now as cloud cover increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

was surprised to hear Siobhan Ryan sounding very adamant at 7.55 on Radio that showers in the east today will be of rain. Any thoughts as to why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

should have come to work earlier car was only just frozen at 7:50am looking at my temperatures
    22/01/2013 07:40 -0.9 °C
    22/01/2013 07:20 -0.8 °C
    22/01/2013 07:00 -0.7 °C
    22/01/2013 06:40 -0.4 °C
    22/01/2013 06:20 -0.1 °C
    22/01/2013 06:00 -0.1 °C
    22/01/2013 05:40 0.0 °C
    22/01/2013 05:20 0.2 °C
    22/01/2013 05:00 0.3 °C
    22/01/2013 04:40 0.4 °C

the joys of the coast, tarmac clear but icy, snow on the grass

inabina wrote: »
    was surprised to hear Siobhan Ryan sounding very adamant at 7.55 on Radio that showers in the east today will be of rain. Any thoughts as to why?

dewpoints in irish sea are expected to be above zero and are at the moment.

inabina wrote: »

I think she said 'some of rain'.

Temp in Howth rapidly increasing ahead of a shower, up to 0.4c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jo06555 wrote: »
    Does not look like waterford got what some expected during the night no surprise their. ..

Erm Jo there was nothing expected, i'm telling you all week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

-3 when I was coming to work this morning - bloody freezing!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

What a mediocre few days for something that had close to 1000 people viewing this forum at one stage. I really looking forward to the weather breaking now. Bring on the long fetch south westerlies and put this semi-formed abomination of a cold snap out of its misery. No more do I want to see people discussing the percentage snow in their sleet, no more do I want to hear the question asked 'Will it snow in Carlow?' 'Big wet flakes in Longford, not sticking'. No more do I want to see pictures of a crust of ice on a car with an accompanying over excited exclamation of 'snow'. No more, no more, no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

dopolahpec wrote: »
    What a mediocre few days for something that had close to 1000 people viewing this forum at one stage. I really looking forward to the weather breaking now. Bring on the long fetch south westerlies and put this semi-formed abomination of a cold snap out of its misery. No more do I want to see people discussing the percentage snow in their sleet, no more do I want to hear the question asked 'Will it snow in Carlow?' 'Big wet flakes in Longford, not sticking'. No more do I want to see pictures of a crust of ice on a car with an accompanying over excited exclamation of 'snow'. No more, no more, no more.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab251/bannonshane/7766EA01-C566-4CA4-9402-B3F277C0233B-4739-0000039B7058C8A7.jpg
    Nothing mediocre in south armagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

-5 now in Dublin according to met eireann website

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

-5c in cork, beautiful morning, everythings is pure white! Roads are lethal though!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

Think your in the wrong thread ya should be in the summer one or start up your own spring thread for us snowbees to post in an say look at all that lovley snow
    dopolahpec wrote: »

light rain

• Advertisement

patneve2 wrote: »
    light rain

Ughhh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement