Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Light dusting in wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

jimmy.d wrote: »
    Think your in the wrong thread ya should be in the summer one or start up your own spring thread for us snowbees to post in an say look at all that lovley snow

There is no lovely snow for 'snowbees' throughout 90% of the republic of Ireland. I wanted to see snow as much as the next person, but the point of my post was that what occurred was mediocre, marginal and disappointing. What is left of this cold snap has no potential, it needs to be blasted away, allow a reload of something better in the narrowing window of remaining winter.

For instance, even those promising echoes on the radar this morning are dissolving before hitting the coast, and by the look of dew points in the Irish sea they would not have given snow anyway.

What is a real cold snowy spell? Can you remember them? The half effort to me is worse than none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Light Snow shower rathnew co wicklow now it is sticking to road

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Light dusting in wicklow

Mothman reporting snow falling atm in Ashford (Wicklow) - I'm sure he will pop in, in a minute, to tell us himself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Knock airport reporting light snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I havnt been following developments on here lately.
    Is MT still confident of a "Better" cold spell with snow in feb?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not being greedy, like, but I still have snow on the grass and roofs here - all I want is a little top up! :p

-2.3c DP -2.7c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowing on Howth, just a few miles for it to come now!

http://www.islandbawn.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

ughhh sleet in kilcoole all i want to do is build a snowman is that too much to ask!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

dopolahpec wrote: »

There is no lovely snow for 'snowbees' throughout 90% of the republic of Ireland. I wanted to see snow as much as the next person, but the point of my post was that what occurred was mediocre, marginal and disappointing. What is left of this cold snap has no potential, it needs to be blasted away, allow a reload of something better in the narrowing window of remaining winter.

For instance, even those promising echoes on the radar this morning are dissolving before hitting the coast, and by the look of dew points in the Irish sea they would not have given snow anyway.

What is a real cold snowy spell? Can you remember them? The half effort to me is worse than none at all.
    Its only the calm before the storm in feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Whats the craic with the weather today?

Spin FM saying snow showers on the way and another station reporting it is meant to snow today:confused:

still nothing here, looks like it's died before it made it!

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Whats the craic with the weather today?

Spin FM saying snow showers on the way and another station reporting it is meant to snow today:confused:

All you have to do is read the last, say, 1000 posts! :D

Nice clump moving into north Wicklow, hopefully head towards Dublin (and hopefully not fizzling out!).

-2.1c DP -2.6c atm. Thank goodness it's calm/no onshore wind, at the surface at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Its only the calm before the storm in feb[/Quote
    I' ll believe it when I see it after all the waffle last week

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

triskell wrote: »
    Its only the calm before the storm in feb[/Quote
    I' ll believe it when I see it after all the waffle last week
    That's the spirit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

www.raintoday.co.uk

Take a look at that little wisp of activity off our east coast, and compare it to what is hitting NE England/Scotland at the moment.

Disclaimer: Live link will change.

No joy and that cloud cover had probably taken away some of our cold pool necessary for these showers to turn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

very light sleet/snow now..shower is almost dead I think

Snizzle/very light snow here now. :)

-1.9c DP -2.4c

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Very light snow in Rathfarnham.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Very light snow in raheny.

mod. snow now, even sticking...damn it why did you have to weaken showerr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

2ºC in Cork City and sunny now. It was pretty cold this morning at about 7am -2ºC where I am, clear and crispy with quite a lot of ice on the car as I think the air had been quite humid before the temperature dropped so there was a lot of dew.

Doesn't look like there's any risk of snow though.

dusting of snow. At least I got that!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Nice light snow here in bayside dublin. Pretty much sea level here. Not sure how long it will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Dublin 3
    Temp -.8
    Dp -1

Light graupel, i can't believe i watched the radar from 07:30 for that!

stopping now, nice light snow shower :)

rain

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Waterford city

Temp 0.1

DP -1.1

Wind NNW

• Advertisement

Belfunk wrote: »
    Dublin 3
    Light graupel, i can't believe i watched the radar from 07:30 for that!

Have spent a lot longer looking for worse! :p

Very very light snow here, just tiny little flakes.

-1.8c DP -2.2c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement