Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

light rain with a bit of sleet, done a good job in melting the frost, incredible! Should ease shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snow in Sligo town for past forty minutes

Sticking

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

very, very light snizzel/snow in Dublin 4 (100m from beach)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think Dublin Mountains may take anything anyway decent out of those showers for me. Three Rock now shrouded in mist/cloud.

-1.7c DP -2.1c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Snowed for 2 minutes in Ringsend.

Back of the net!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Snowing here in Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

dopolahpec wrote: »
    There is no lovely snow for 'snowbees' throughout 90% of the republic of Ireland. I wanted to see snow as much as the next person, but the point of my post was that what occurred was mediocre, marginal and disappointing. What is left of this cold snap has no potential, it needs to be blasted away, allow a reload of something better in the narrowing window of remaining winter.

For instance, even those promising echoes on the radar this morning are dissolving before hitting the coast, and by the look of dew points in the Irish sea they would not have given snow anyway.

What is a real cold snowy spell? Can you remember them? The half effort to me is worse than none at all.

We rarely get snow in Ireland. Yesterday I had 2 hours of good snow and for a few hours my estate was a winter wonderland. In that 2 hours I had my first ever snowball fight with my little son. It mostly melted where I live but in north Cork it didn't. Thus last night I drove up there with said son and we went sledging.

As far as I'm concerned this "rather anaemic" cold spell was worth the wait. The smile on my little son's face going to bed last night confirms that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

NAE going for some snow in the mid-west today/tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Snowing lightly in D4 (Grand Canal Dock)!

Edit 2 mins later: Aaaaannnnndd it's gone. Must have been that shower that passed over Ringsend a couple of minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Nice to hear a good story like that in between all the moaning. :) I hope to do the same with my son for the first this winter... hopefully this second cold spell will deliver the goods!;)
    We rarely get snow in Ireland. Yesterday I had 2 hours of good snow and for a few hours my estate was a winter wonderland. In that 2 hours I had my first ever snowball fight with my little son. It mostly melted where I live but in north Cork it didn't. Thus last night I drove up there with said son and we went sledging.

As far as I'm concerned this "rather anaemic" cold spell was worth the wait. The smile on my little son's face going to bed last night confirms that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Temp is dropping as pressure rising in North Kildare. -4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snowing in ranelagh and frosty! :)

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

Snow shower in temple bar now getting heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Light snow Dublin 2!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Snowing here in Roundwood.
    think its time for me too move to roundwood! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Stopped :(

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

:D No snow in Gorey..... just cold... and no snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Heavy snow here now!!

Got to say it's much more pleasing looking at radar maps rather then looking at charts 2/5/10 days out & hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

:mad: I'm snow deprived ;) ...... I've no patience to wait for the snowmageddon in February :( ......

• Advertisement

:mad: I'm snow deprived ;) ...... I've no patience to wait for the snowmageddon in February :( ......

Well there's quite a bit about 20k north of Arklow, so go go go!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ha - I had to just laugh sitting in my car in traffic leaving Lusk, the temp was -2c when I left the house, shortly after it went up to -1c and started to rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

dacogawa wrote: »
    Well there's quite a bit about 20k north of Arklow, so go go go!

If its still around at the weekend I think I will :) ..... Don't think been snow deprived is an excuse to leave work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Coming down nicely here the past while, doesn't seem to be sticking though.
    Snow line is fairly low today, lowest its been all winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Stopped here now, and sun breaking through. Yesterdays fall only really stuck on laying snow, but the ground is a lot colder today, so we will see...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

tiny snow flakes starting to fall here in citywest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Anyone know of places along Dublinbus routes in Wicklow where there's a decent bit of snow on the ground - places like Enniskerry, Newtownmountkennedy, Newcastle etc?

It's frosty as heck here in Bray, I think if anything decent fell it'd definitely stick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Light snow in D11, yessss

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

After dropping the kids to school in blackrock went for a walk with the dog. Very heavy snow shower which coated the road and paths almost completely - yay! Back home now and still -1c. Can't open my wheelie bins and the remnants of snow from yesterday is completely frozen. Can see waves of showers over 3 rock. Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Snowing again now Dublin 2. Its all just teasing me now!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement