Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After dropping the kids to school in blackrock went for a walk with the dog. Very heavy snow shower which coated the road and paths almost completely - yay! Back home now and still -1c. Can't open my wheelie bins and the remnants of snow from yesterday is completely frozen. Can see waves of showers over 3 rock. Fingers crossed

Nothing more than the lighest of snow here. Three Rock took it all!

-0.6c DP -0.9c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

B0jangles wrote: »
    Anyone know of places along Dublinbus routes in Wicklow where there's a decent bit of snow on the ground - places like Enniskerry, Newtownmountkennedy, Newcastle etc?

It's frosty as heck here in Bray, I think if anything decent fell it'd definitely stick :)

the sugarloaf has a nice bit of snow on it in kilmac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

hollster2 wrote: »
    the sugarloaf has a nice bit of snow on it in kilmac

Cheers. I might get the Kevin's bus up that way later - Glendalough would probably be lovely today too. :)

Cheers. I might get the Kevin's bus up that way later - Glendalough would probably be lovely today too. :)
    your welcome was almost tempted to go up myself the roads id say would be horrible though

hollster2 wrote: »
    your welcome was almost tempted to go up myself the roads id say would be horrible though

Definitely, I wouldn't go up in a car myself, but I think a bus would probably be safe enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

light snow in finglas,couldnt get into car,doors completely frozen solid,love it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Anyone know of places along Dublinbus routes in Wicklow where there's a decent bit of snow on the ground - places like Enniskerry, Newtownmountkennedy, Newcastle etc?

It's frosty as heck here in Bray, I think if anything decent fell it'd definitely stick :)

You can get the 44 from town to Enniskerry http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/444/

or The 47 bus leaves you at stepaside about 2km walk to the top of 3 rock, was there on Saturday, it was amazing (some pics on the picture thread)

dacogawa wrote: »
    You can get the 44 from town to Enniskerry http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/444/

or The 47 bus leaves you at stepaside about 2km walk to the top of 3 rock, was there on Saturday, it was amazing (some pics on the picture thread)

Awesome. Thanks very much, the 3 Rock pictures were making so so jealous...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Sun finally coming out here in Meath after days of gloom from the Irish sea. Snow (only about 2cm though) is still lying on the grass and some other surfaces after yesterday morning's fall. -5c earlier this morning, nice to get a proper proper frost - the ground was getting v muddy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Still -2 here at the minute, central locking still frozen at 11.15!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Awesome. Thanks very much, the 3 Rock pictures were making so so jealous...

I was up the 3Rock yesterday. i would think it is the closest to you. It was great up there, loads of snow. It was really fantastic.

16m25mv.jpg
    5nlw21.jpg

I was up the 3Rock yesterday. i would think it is the closest to you. It was great up there, loads of snow. It was really fantastic.

16m25mv.jpg
    oh im so jealous

16m25mv.jpg

<Front door slams>
    <Fading sound of welly-booted footsteps fading into the distance...>

:P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very very very light snow here again now. The bits and snizzle and snow have a bit of a white dusting on the roads, like icing sugar.

I expect anymore showers that do come onshore now to be more of rain and sleet now as temps have risen.

0.0c DP -0.3c here now.

DP at M2 Bouy of 1.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

you snow people all need to go North

3.jpg?cache=1358854207366

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dublinbusdude

NO SNOW in here in Tallaght - where did it go? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

No sign of a thaw here for the day, unusual since I'm right at the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

moderate rain shower, turned to sleet now

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Snowing in Killiney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

NO SNOW in here in Tallaght - where did it go?

Japan

Japan+snow.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

That blob on the radar heading for (dublin) city centre gonna have any snow in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

wet snow now...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dublinbusdude

What blob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Snowing in Dun Laoghaire. Very wet looking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Snowing in Raheny, Dublin 5- yeeha!! Huge big flakes too :D

send some this way pleassssssssee:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Light snow in Ballina, Co.Mayo now...nice to see after last nights ninja snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

What blob?

Blob just over city centre now... http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

typical! :) I live there but work in city centre. going to miss it :( you get much? sticking at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Snowing in sandyford

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement