Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Lets hope it can scoot around or get through the Wickla mountains and make it to Dublin!!

Via North Kildare please ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Rush hour commute this evening will be mayhem all going well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Being an optimist it looks like they are going to hit somewhere on the middle of the East coast in 3/4 hours.They look reasonably intense as well!!

They will fall away before hitting ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Deank wrote: »
    Via North Kildare please ;)

I'm in leixlip so hoping for that as well:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Nabber wrote: »
    Snowing in ballymount, Dublin 12.

We might end up with slush on the roads again

I was standing waiting on a bus in that at 1230. Heavy enough and beginning to stick so it was..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

They will fall away before hitting ireland

No harm in hoping.They are building up in intesity in Cardigan bay so who knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

No snow at all in Drogheda but the frost is still here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Thats 100% frost for us in Waterford Jo.

I guessed :) whats the outlook for next week jerry?? Back to cold after weekend or will it stay milder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jo06555 wrote: »
    I guessed :) whats the outlook for next week jerry?? Back to cold after weekend or will it stay milder.

Looks like staying milder up to the end of the month anyway.

All eyes then to the shortest month of the year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Come on ya pup

Q1TurZI.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

That reminded me of this Garyha, I made it during the cold spell in 2010.
    This is what we want to see in a couple of hours! :D

Hope it doesn't give anyone a heart attack thinking it's todays!

140361.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

The radar has something heading for south Dublin north Wicklow ....and north Dublin too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Live in Ticknock Hill, D18, about 130m ASL. Roads and footpaths are pretty clear and dry, grass still white (and crunchy), a sprinkling on bushes and trees. If we get another belt it will stick here beautifully. That said I got zero ppn today while there were reports of snowfall in nearby (and lower) Sandyford, Rathfarnham and Tallaght. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

The radar has something heading for south Dublin north Wicklow ....and north Dublin too

I think the temp is a bit high because it's raining wher i am now. Unles the precipitation is heavy dat might increase changes for snow at low lying areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Three hour forecast is showing nothing for Dublin North or South. Lets hope that forecast is WRONG. :pac:

Saganist wrote: »
    Three hour forecast is showing nothing for Dublin North or South. Lets hope that forecast is WRONG. :pac:
    To be honest I stopped looking at them 3 hour forecasts years ago.. never trusted them

Front.Moving.So.Slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

Torque.ie wrote: »
    Font.Moving.So.Slow.

the 14.45 grab is looking better

Seeing plenty of breaks in the cloud cover now over south Dublin so hopefully temps will drop further and aid ppn if that cloud from Wales hits! :)

paddy ocon wrote: »
    the 14.45 grab is looking better

Thankfully. Finally getting a little dark out over the sea here too, been dry all day but hovering at 0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

That Girl in that Advert at the bottom of this page is going to catch a cold !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

DominoDub wrote: »
    That Girl in that Advert at the bottom of this page is going to catch a cold !

Adblock that b*tch.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Seeing plenty of breaks in the cloud cover now over south Dublin so hopefully temps will drop further and aid ppn if that cloud from Wales hits! :)

Total cloud cover again looking over the city. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Sky getting dark round this way.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I wouldn't be expecting any snow this afternoon on the east coast - or - I should qualify that - whatever you got last Friday, expect that. Temps and DPs similar to last Friday.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

It's raining now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

There is no way that its the same conditions as last friday, its baltic out there, plus its always potentially going to hit later in the evening when it will be even colder;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

JP85 wrote: »
    There is no way that its the same conditions as last friday, its baltic out there, plus its always potentially going to hit later in the evening when it will be even colder;)

Well, the thermometer says otherwise. 1.4c DP 1.0c here atm. DP at M2 Bouy 0.7c. Precipitation coming from the E to SE. All very similar to last Friday.

Some sleety rain here now.

The Precipitation is still the bigger problem that I can see... that stuff coming in from the east just isn't strong enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

snowing in citywest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement