Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

Hi Irishfeen,
    Where did you get these details from?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Are you on higher ground there irishfeen?
    About 175m ASL, overcast conditions now sleet/snow has stopped.

Birtles wrote: »
    Hi Irishfeen,
    Where did you get these details from?

Ta
    The mother bought the father a weather station from Maplins for christmas, only got around to setting it up with the laptop last night.... so them details are from our back yard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

irishfeen wrote: »
    About 175m ASL, overcast conditions now sleet/snow has stopped.

Ah ok...no wonder. Cant see anything like those figures on Irish Weather Network.

Ludo wrote: »
    Ah ok...no wonder. Cant see anything like those figures on Irish Weather Network.
    Well the figures are probably not as accurate as Met Eireann stations but from what I read the Maplin stations give a very good indication and are not far off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Well the figures are probably not as accurate as Met Eireann stations but from what I read the Maplin stations give a very good indication and are not far off.

As far as I know that site is just people like yourself with weather stations mixed in with met eireann data. You are probably higher up than them though.

Ludo wrote: »
    As far as I know that site is just people like yourself with weather stations mixed in with met eireann data. You are probably higher up than them though.
    I see from the map that Macroom is coming in at 2.9 DegC, We would be considerably higher then Macroom about 20 miles [as the crow fly's] NE. No data seems to be available for around the Mallow area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I see from the map that Macroom is coming in at 2.9 DegC, We would be considerably higher then Macroom about 20 miles [as the crow fly's] NE. No data seems to be available for around the Mallow area.

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/IE/Mallow.html

This is from a few miles outside mallow.

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/IE/Mallow.html

This is from a few miles outside mallow.
    Thanks, those figures seem to be alot closer to mine and we are about 35m above that station.

nice one....must check it out!

• Advertisement

Something like this

Something like this
    Ya I think that's the cheaper one, this is the one that we are using url]http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-touchscreen-wireless-weather-forecaster-228825[/url ... I don't actually know whats the difference between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Something like this

What software do you use to form the white background? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

How bad is this feb coldsnap MT is forecasting supposed to be? Widespread snow even to low levels? Please say yes:pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

bb1234567 wrote: »
    How bad is this feb coldsnap MT is forecasting supposed to be? Widespread snow even to low levels? Please say yes:pac:

Yes. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yes. :P
    Where can this be read please? :)

Looks more robust (a must for my location!) and reviews are better. might drop a few hints to the wife for the bday present next week!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

FREETV wrote: »
    Where can this be read please? :)

In the bottom of your tea cup (don't use a tea bag). :)

Nobody knows! That's the simple answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Radar looks quiet tonight but I wouldn't rule out the odd surprise snow shower cropping up
    It could happen esp in the Southwest (I mean Cork)
    DOCARCH wrote: »
    In the bottom of your tea cup (don't use a tea bag). :)

Nobody knows! That's the simple answer.

I think the question is.......... Where can we read MTs post relating to this?
    Sorry if i have that wrong!!
    If i do - then let me ask
    Where can we read MTs post relating to this Fed cold-spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I think the question is.......... Where can we read MTs post relating to this?
    Sorry if i have that wrong!!
    If i do - then let me ask
    Where can we read MTs post relating to this Fed cold-spell?

In here or check in these threads for previous posts made by him (you could also go to his account page and see his recent posts). :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 rbelmc

Swedish weather service came out today with a warning of a very cold Feb saying it would be much colder than usual and even colder than it is now which is hard to believe as our temp last night was down to minus 21.If the Scandi high is strong then that augurs well for Ireland for those that like snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

rbelmc wrote: »
    Swedish weather service came out today with a warning of a very cold Feb saying it would be much colder than usual and even colder than it is now which is hard to believe as our temp last night was down to minus 21.If the Scandi high is strong then that augurs well for Ireland for those that like snow

Nice!...or not nice for you :s I know somebody over there in Stockholm...he be doing a PhD in that weather science stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

:eek: That sounds like what M.T has been forecasting for February Interesting.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

Could you please post the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Its a high south of Iceland you need for to bring in cold from Scandinavia.
    Not a Scandi high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Pffft Sweden has seen many very cold winters with SFA relevance for Ireland sadly.

And echo what WB just said, we can't tap into Scandi cold under a Scandi high. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

John.Icy wrote: »
    Pffft Sweden has seen many very cold winters with SFA relevance for Ireland sadly.

And echo what WB just said, we can't tap into Scandi cold under a Scandi high. :)

At least we know it's not dying. It might make a push west after the Nordic countries feel the chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Last bash of some wintry precip possible for east coast in next few hours.

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/radar2/WEB_radar3_201301232145.png

M2 buoys showing -0.4c

Land dewpoints near zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

:)

237750.png

Theyll be very light by the look of the radar but even a dusting on the mountains tonight would be nice as im heading up to 3 rock and 2 rock 2moro! :D

tumblr_lz1k2t7bn01rnn4z3o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Would the feet of snow up in the dublin and wicklow mountains still be there by this weekend? or has it started to thaw already? Id like to go up and visit, wouldnt be great of it was all slushy and in the process of thawing though :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement