Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

If its any help I'm in work tonight at 12 midnight to 8am so if I see any snow ill be on this straight away :)

Ps I'm working in the north/east

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

5c here in north louth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Well i can safely say if it doesnt turn to snow fairly quickly, with the amount of rain forecast and looking at the colours on the ME charts, there is a good chance i'll be flooded before it does turn :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

No surprises on the 18Z GFS. Going the same way as the 12Z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rougies wrote: »
    . I still think it's all marginal as feck (IMBY) and could be very messy tomorrow.

I think this is just about the best and most realistic forecast I have read so far for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Then again valentia is the mildest place in Ireland in the mildest county. It never freezes in winter and pisses rain most if the year around.

Still gets more snow than Dublin! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I'm so confused. Whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Then again valentia is the mildest place in Ireland in the mildest county. It never freezes in winter and pisses rain most if the year around. Has two ok pubs though....

Sure there are proper tropical Palm Trees down there! Well able to grow down there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

7c here in Laragh. WOT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

6°C - Greystones. Extremely blustery outside. No showers (light drizzle). The wind has picked up a fair bit since 1pm today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Yet again the gfs wants to end this by mid week
    When you consider it doesn't get going until Monday for the South I cant help but think that the pears are looming lol
    I notice GP has gone quiet over on N-W too since he warned us last night to expect Armageddon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The NAE is what we want, a fantastic run at such range, lets hope it's correct, it does have lots of back up, if not back up from the GFS

Does that all-pink Dublin NAE mean that coastal areas will get snow tomorrow too ?

From a fellow Portmarnock resident :)

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I'm so confused. Whats happening.

It's raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Yeah. +120 a mirror image of the 12Z almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Balmy 6 and windy here in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stunning NAE to 48hrs. Would deliver a decent bit of white stuff to a number of areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Yet again the gfs wants to end this by mid week
    When you consider it doesn't get going until Monday for the South I cant help but think that the pears are looming lol
    I notice GP has gone quiet over on N-W too since he warned us last night to expect Armageddon

Gah! It hasn't even started yet and all you can do is search for the breakdown in the middle of next week - and with a model that is notorious for ramping up the strength of the Atlantic only to backtrack on the next run.:D;)

EC EPS members not great at t168 either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

DP for M2 buoy was +3.5 @ 9pm. The one to watch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Does that all-pink Dublin NAE mean that coastal areas will get snow tomorrow too ?

From a fellow Portmarnock resident :)
    We'll always be the last place to get snow in a marginal situation, but i do expect snow to fall tomorrow and i give us a 60% chance of accumulating snow.

• Advertisement

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    EC EPS members not great at t168 either.

It all depends on what happens around 96-120 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

If its any help I'm in work tonight at 12 midnight to 8am so if I see any snow ill be on this straight away :)

Ps I'm working in the north/east

Im in work from 11 - 8 am, north east too, if I get the chance to report I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

903 active users hope there's no anti climax
    Temp starting to fall in south armagh and very windy

rc28 wrote: »
    Gah! It hasn't even started yet and all you can do is search for the breakdown in the middle of next week - and with a model that is notorious for ramping up the strength of the Atlantic only to backtrack on the next run.:D;)

Is this actually the case? Never observed it myself. I think this winter so far the GFS has been the best at handling atlantic lows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

JJJJNR wrote: »
    7c here in Laragh. WOT!!!

Fairly surprised at that. Lets hope for a dramatic fall after midnight.

Someone order a blowtorch?. Hopefully its wrong.... :rolleyes:

gfs-1-138.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Is this actually the case? Never observed it myself. I think this winter so far the GFS has been the best at handling atlantic lows.

Yes. I've read NW and TWO model discussions for the last four years and the GFS is always the one to show the deepest Atlantic lows - in fact, I remember earlier this week it was showing a 940mb monster coming near Ireland today or this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I mentioned it last night and will say it again
    Until we get proper heights to the North the whole thing is very very fragile
    I now expect the other models to move toward the gfs over night
    As is nearly always the case in these things (and of course never admitted) a half way house between the models is likely
    On a positve note looks like an awesome weekend and start to next week with most seeing snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Someone order a blowtorch?. Hopefully its wrong.... :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/runs/2013011718/gfs-1-138.png?18/IMG]/QUOTE] Surely +138 is deep FI at this stage ?[/img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Yep, was 3.8 at 8pm :) Dp point I mean!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement