Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Heavy sleet in D14, temp 1.8C, Dp is 1c.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A bit more wintry precip has brought the temperature to 2.3c.

Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Exaggerate much? It's about 2.0c away.:D;)

Temp graph

temp.png

Wish it was falling a lot faster and not flatlining!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

sleety snow in kilcoole co wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Yeah the NAE is going to be completely wrong by the look of it.

Front is as weak as my granny atm. If this continues, will be over by 12.

Let's see of it intensifies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Clear and dry here in Waterford City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Had a great night listening to the gale and the lashing rain, and boy did we get some rain. Going to bed my rain gauge said 17mm and my collectors said 20mm ~ WS this am now says 30mm of rain.

I'm trying to envisage that in snow, need help thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

:)
    Sleet has turned more to moderate snow here in Meath - not a chance of sticking for a while yet though. I wonder if the front is weakening more than expected. Really raw and miserable out there - wrap up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Sleet and bits of wet snow driving towards fairview in Dublin. Defo more sleet than rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Van in front has a covering of snow! Clonskeagh Road...

Dan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Snow in Carnaross, Co Meath. We are 100 high and have ca 2 cm snow on the ground already and still snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Is this the best we can hope for over the weekend Shiite wet snow with rain 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

gbee wrote: »
    Had a great night listening to the gale and the lashing rain, and boy did we get some rain. Going to bed my rain gauge said 17mm and my collectors said 20mm ~ WS this am now says 30mm of rain.

Roughly 30cm, all depends on the type of snow though. Wetter snow equals higher accumalations. So 0c better than -10c :)

Front dumped 45mm of rain in Waterford city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

gbee wrote: »

I think 1mm = 1.2 cm of wet snow - it's less for dry snow.

Could be wrong, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

FREETV wrote: »
    Snowing, here a while now outside Balbriggan. :D
    How high up are you? inland or away from the coast?? Is it sticking?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Swords, north dublin. Just got into car for the commute. 2 degrees and heavy rain with sleet mixed in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just saw a car coming off the road up to the Ballinascorny gap in Dub/Wicklow mountains, car was covered in snow. Was I wrong to let out a cheer?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

I've a feeling it's all going to fall apart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Bit windy here a little bit of rain. I'm in Moville now but heading to Kilkenny in about 4 hrs, hopefully the roads won't be too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Rain and sleet, still mighty gusts of wind. 2.8 deg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Rain, rain and more rain :( ...... Glad I didn't wait up last nite waiting for the imaginary snow ;) ......... Ah maybe next year

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just got a look at Hellfire club and snow lying on ground to about 200m ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

How high up are you? inland or away from the coast?? Is it sticking?

It's no more snowing in ballbriggan than it is in Spain. Pics to prove it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone know what models Sky News works off? They are forecasting snow in Mayo and Galway as well as parts of the midlands later on this afternoon but I can't match any models that reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

John.Icy wrote: »
    Yeah the NAE is going to be completely wrong by the look of it.

Front is as weak as my granny atm. If this continues, will be over by 12.

Let's see of it intensifies.
    I Think it to stall for a while then slip back south later giving heaver falls ,could be rong on that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Back to icy rain with a bit of sleet. 1.6c DP 1.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

have the choice of staying in bray or heading to sligo for the weekend, any idea where i'm more likely to see some snow, in the east or in the west? still raining here in bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hendrix75

3.5C in mid ulster, very windy and raining. Does feel cold though. Our weather office still thinks we are in for a dumping of it later today - excited and curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Very light snow in Ticknock now - it is sticking though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Pic from Dublin City webcam showing either a yellow snowflake, a paper bag, or a ghost.

236819.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement