Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

It's the same consistent theme. Milder by Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thanks Maquiliadora.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

It's the same consistent theme. Milder by Tuesday/Wednesday.

I noticed sombody say that the 6z were a big downgrade for the East on Sunday, what has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

ok so earthtools tells me it's 144.4 ft . I still don't know if this is higher or lower though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Potential remains for a big snow event for the South Sunday into Monday
    Marginal but could give some dump of snow
    Models say yes, my gut says no

Rest of today would expect the ppn over Dublin to turn increasingly to snow and would be very surprised if there's not lying snow this evening.
    Latest models give renewed oomph to the ppn which will help

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

ok so earthtools tells me it's 144.4 ft . I still don't know if this is higher or lower though ?

It's low enough, nothing to strap the oxygen tanks on for. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

What would be considered higher ground? I'd be in around 300ft/100m, Clondalkin area.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its low , actually fairly low ,

High ground would be starting around 150-200 mtrs {492-656 ft}

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

Tabnabs wrote: »
    It's low enough, nothing to strap the oxygen tanks on for. ;)

But I'm right at the foot of the Dublin mountains so was tryna convice myself I was on higher ground :P

oh and it's snowing again .:D

meh...stopped again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Snow is beginning to get heavier here now. :D Keep it up snow, plenty of food and water here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

FREETV wrote: »
    Snow is beginning to get heavier here now. :D

How about some pics, you sound like you;re in a real wonderland 5km outside Balbriggen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Tabnabs wrote: »
    How about some pics, you sound like you;re in a real wonderland 5km outside Balbriggen...

Five miles from Balbriggan, I am waiting for the blizzard like snow flurries of earlier. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Five miles from Balbriggan, I am waiting for the blizzard like snow flurries of earlier. :D

Pics or GTFO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Snow is beginning to get heavier here now. :D Keep it up snow, plenty of food and water here.

I think there's just someone on your roof with a bag of these.

SNOW-8234.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hendrix75

reports of snow coming in from friends all over Northern Ireland now - Bangor, Dromore, Meigh, Newry etc

Very interesting , the SSW still seems to playing havoc with some model

"Am sure I read that the progression of the MJO has been stalled by it attempting to negotiate a Hadley Cell in the Pacific, not at PC so cant check phase plots.

Again an underlying theme of ghost energy within the tropospheric vortex around the east US presents itself in NWP, again models slow to translate strat. activity.

Once the MJO pulses again taking the lead in the ebb and flow between itself and strat. Then we will see the blocks, GFS with default zonal will not apply"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Very interesting , the SSW still seems to playing havoc with some model

"Am sure I read that the progression of the MJO has been stalled by it attempting to negotiate a Hadley Cell in the Pacific, not at PC so cant check phase plots.

Again an underlying theme of ghost energy within the tropospheric vortex around the east US presents itself in NWP, again models slow to translate strat. activity.

Once the MJO pulses again taking the lead in the ebb and flow between itself and strat. Then we will see the blocks, GFS with default zonal will not apply"

Where and who is that from PP ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Can i ask when is this system expected to move into the irish sea, my house is about 6 inches from getting flooded

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Sleeting in Belfast right now - I'm sure the snow isn't too far away!

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Where and who is that from PP ?

NW ,Lorenzo,

One of the maybe 10-12 people over there I find its worth following ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Until you provide pics, then there's a distinct smell of bull from these posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Can i ask when is this system expected to move into the irish sea, my house is about 6 inches from getting flooded

You can check these two, hope you dont flood!

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    http://raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

Really. I live in Newry but work in North Dublin. There was no snow when I left there this morning. Just got word from Mother in Law, snowing but not sticking as of yet. I work close to Balbriggan but there is no snow where I am. Would like to see pics? Ill post some when I get back to Newry if there is much to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Lad that works with me is in Balbriggan and it is pissing it of rain,no snow and that was five minutes ago :D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

I've read this thread for hours now and still have no idea if dublin will see any snow from this.

MT's forecast seems to be contradicted as well, on here (his 70% thing).

So anyone able to clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Heavy rain in Swords all morning. Intermitent sleet but mostly rain.

Such a shame the temps arent better.

I dont know how far away from the east coast you are but its seems ease about 6-9pm but rain still sticking to the east coast most of the night

This is the accumulated rain for 6 am tomorrow morning

236833.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Picture here on broadsheet of the snow in cavan, Mother Text me saying Snowing heavy in Belturbet Co.Cavan

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/01/18/meranwhile-in-cavan/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's not heading that direction, but it will gradually weaken during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

dacogawa wrote: »
    You can check these two, hope you dont flood!QUOTE]Thanks but ive been checking these all morning, i taught around 8 it was moving away, but it seems to be stalled since then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement