Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Ok thanks Maq and PP, it looks like I'm doomed!!! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

dacogawa wrote: »
    You can check these two, hope you dont flood!QUOTE]Thanks but ive been checking these all morning, i taught around 8 it was moving away, but it seems to be stalled since then

You can keep a closer eye on things here

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prec&HH=6&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temperatures just not decreasing, 2.5c here now with icy rain.

We may have hit a brick wall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ok thanks Maq and PP, it looks like I'm doomed!!! :(

Anything folks can help with or a river running along the back of the house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

dacogawa wrote: »
    You can check these two, hope you dont flood!QUOTE]Thanks but ive been checking these all morning, i taught around 8 it was moving away, but it seems to be stalled since then

Should be weakened a fair bit by around 6-9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Well todays rainy mix confirms one thing for me sofar,
    The Beeb, Sky Weather & Evelyn do not have a clue & NAE
    Gerry was right up to now
    I have to say the models didn't support snow for me today esp the slated GFS.
    Conditions look much more favourable Sun / Mon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Still snowing in Ticknock. Sticking on grass but not on bushes or paths / roads. Fall is very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

It is snowing still but it isn't sticking, not heavy enough. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just back from a failed attempt to get up to Roundwood, God only knows what its like up there. Total blizzard conditions above about 150 metres and roads impassable , at least in my car. Bah :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Supercell wrote: »
    Just back from a failed attempt to get up to Roundwood, God only knows what its like up there. Total blizzard conditions above about 150 metres and roads impassable , at least in my car. Bah :(

Pics?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Anything folks can help with or a river running along the back of the house ?

No we have the site drained to a pond about 20 yards from the house, but theres that much water flowing in from the field, the drains cant take it so its backing in around the house now, i just hope it eases off for an hour at least so the drains can work.

Why did you move from there! I remember the epic pics from winters past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Where were you approaching from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Temperatures just not decreasing, 2.5c here now with icy rain.

We may have hit a brick wall.

Would have to agree with that here in Donegal Town. Temp and conditions haven't changed at all since 7 am. (Temp flucuated by 0.1c). :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Why did you move from there! I remember the epic pics from winters past.

Dublin and wicklow mountains getting hammered!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Potential remains for a big snow event for the South Sunday into Monday
    Marginal but could give some dump of snow
    Models say yes, my gut says no

Rest of today would expect the ppn over Dublin to turn increasingly to snow and would be very surprised if there's not lying snow this evening.
    Latest models give renewed oomph to the ppn which will help

There will not be lying snow at lower levels in Dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Anyone know what it's like at 3 rock please ? thinking of heading up there tmro morning if we dont get anything down here

Also here's some images from around the country on IWO's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.589573871058998.154894.175249952491394&type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I heard estimates of 10cm on the Gap from people that live near Hollywood...I can only imagine its pretty bad alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

So it is a waiting game then? :rolleyes: It won't stick here at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Which route? As somebody who has to get home later! It can quite often be somebody stopped blocking the road, rather than impassable. Coming down this morning there was a tail back at the top of the long hill, which turned out to be people just taking it very easy going down causing a tailback, rather than a blockage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Attempting to snow. More like a mix of rain/sleet though.

People keep talking about the impending breakdown of cold on Wednesday. I'd gladly take that if it meant some of this bloody rain would fall as even wet snow!

Such a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sleety rain in Swords with an odd flake has turned back to rain. Wind chill painful on exposed skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Quiet mild in Galway, no rain ether but was heavy all night,
    Are things still looking good for sun/mon for most of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 omegaultimo2

i doubt there will be snow on ground today in dublin,Flooded in most parts that i seen.I can see droplets of light snow hitting the pane glass though in the library of my college

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

sleet here now trying to turn to snow in coolock. definitely more sleety but

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

FREETV wrote: »
    So it is a waiting game then? :rolleyes: It won't stick here at all. :(

What will stick? The imaginary snow that you have been going on about. Yeah that'll stick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Latest report from home is that it's more sleet than snow now just outside Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Thinking of taking the kids sledding in Wicklow tomorrow. Any suggestions of where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

After driving a train from Dundalk to dublin never seen one snowflake the odd bit of sleet here and there. Some incredible flooding in the fields snow has no chance of lying.
    Fair play to met eireann so far they have been spot on with their forecasts

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Latest report from home is that it's more sleet than snow now just outside Roundwood.

Well if it's only sleet at Roundwood then low levels simply don't have a hope in hell today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement