Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Mostly rain and sleet again but there was very apparent snow for a good few minutes there!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Mostly rain and sleet again but there was very apparent snow for a good few minutes there!

A location would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

Hendrix75 wrote: »
    reports of snow coming in from friends all over Northern Ireland now - Bangor, Dromore, Meigh, Newry etc

I live between Dromore and Newry and all we have had is heavy sleet, rain, heavy sleet, rain. :(
    Though have to say the intervals of rain are getting less and much shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Dundrum - turning from sleet to snow now :D

Not sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I think I seen a snowflake in the CC. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

Heavy enough on and off in Sandyford/Leopardstown.

Unfortunately it seems to be too warm, and the ground far too waterlogged already.
    It'll be a while i reckon before the ground temps can drop enough for some good accumulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Snow falling in Ballymount now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Sleety Slow at the Red Cow Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

The sky here in tallaght/citywest is looking very snowy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

martyfurey wrote: »
    any pics for longford town

couple of pics looking out to the work carpark in Longford Town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Mainly snow here in Sandyford now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Ok. More like it. Wet Snow in the CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Longford getting snow all morning iv heard but nowhere else in midlands wierd!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

Saganist wrote: »
    Ok. More like it. Wet Snow in the CC.
    do you mean dublin city centre or where

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

snowed sligo this am heavy flakes didnt stick

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Has anyone updates on what's happening over the next 48hrs or so, experts seem fairly quiet here the last while!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Sleet and light wet snow falling in the City Centre in Dublin. Far too wet to stick

A location would be nice.

I've posted it in pretty much every post but that one :)

I'm in Rathfarnham.

Here's a photo. Though its not really all that clear. The precip is snowy enough to be blowing about a bit, instead of falling straight down. A good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Leeson St Dublin.
    Its making a vague attempt to turn a bit wintry but still about 70% rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think people are a little too eager to pull the snow trigger. Sleet outbreak in Swords which others may mistaken as snow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snowing now in Dublin city centre.

Wife just reported snow in CC, in Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Something closer to snow falling in bursts in Dublin's City Centre but not lasting very long and everything is just so wet.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Is this thread for real?

Ice rain on wicklow st. Saw a car with white stuff on it in Phibsboro. Looking out my window in Tallaght and I can see some snow on a hill. Me mate said his ma said some snow fell in Sligo at 6am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

same as it was all morning here...2.7 deg strong SE winds and rain/sleet with some occasional bouts of rain/snow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Back edge of the front visable, should be a nice afternoon. Might try another spin up the mountains once this muck clears.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nah, it's still only sleet in Dubln City centre. The balance between rain and snows seems to be getting progressively heavier though, I wouldn't be surprised if it fully turned to snow over the next couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I don't want to seem like I'm back seat modding, but anyone who says 'Snowing here' without saying your location, should get a slap. These threads are great every year, let's make them better

<
    Or put your location here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

seamus wrote: »
    Nah, it's still only sleet in Dubln City centre. The balance between rain and snows seems to be getting progressively heavier though, I wouldn't be surprised if it fully turned to snow over the next couple of hours.

Just a shame the front has almost passed through though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Few Snowflakes in Dublin City Centre mixed in with all the rain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement