Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 omegaultimo2

yup i can see the snow through the window now,Thick snow to at deans grange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Light sleet, snow flakes visible now and again. Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Snow a lot heavier now in Ticknock and starting to stick properly. :)

Roads still grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Still pure rain in Drumcondra

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

flanzer wrote: »
    I don't want to seem like I'm back seat modding, but anyone who says 'Snowing here' without saying your location, should get a slap. These threads are great every year, let's make them better

<
    Or put your location here!
    Meh.

If you post frequently enough it seems overkill to endlessly post where you are.

Rathfarnham, Dublin, D14, ROI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

flanzer wrote: »
    I don't want to seem like I'm back seat modding, but anyone who says 'Snowing here' without saying your location, should get a slap. These threads are great every year, let's make them better

<
    Or put your location here!

Id thanks that a million times if I could, so annoying!! state your location please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Well its starting to happen folks, good luck and goodnight.

We should really check on this fella, probably snowbound by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Pangea wrote: »
    We should really check on this fella, probably snowbound by now.

Hope he stocked up on water biscuits so he doesn't end up having to resort to cannibalism or something equally horrific.

Godspeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Has anyone updates on what's happening over the next 48hrs or so, experts seem fairly quiet here the last while!

Yeah it appears that as this place gets busier the people we rely on for chart interpretation go into hiding as there has been a distinct absence of charts in the last 24 hrs. Maybe they are off scouring the country for snow! As with 2010/2011 threads get very messy with model discussion intermingled with snow reports etc

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Raining, strong winds here, very cold though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

No snow here :( I'm waiting for the "assault", as MT so eloquently put it, in February :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Watching BBC atm just makes me realize how much i hate living on this island!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Percip has eased off in the City Centre. 80% Rain still. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Getting more sleety now as opposed to mainly rain all morning here in Ongar, West Dublin (D15). Let's hope it turns to snow!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Sunny in Galway :( Damn this west coast and it's lack of snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

There's the culprit - that miserable looking warm front.
    precipitation becoming more and more wintry now but it's worthless with temperatures the way they are at the moment but I'm hopeful we'll see a drop in temps later when winds back E/NE.

FSXX00T_12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Swords back to light rain again. Have reports of snow in Baileborough and heavy in Drumlish but can't verify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Heavy rain with a tiny bit of sleet every now and then in Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Temp drop in Howth to 1.7°C & M2 buoy down 0.1 to 1.8

Wherever you have snow, if you can, try to look in on elderly neighbours & relatives. It's fun for most of us but not for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Meh.

If you post frequently enough it seems overkill to endlessly post where you are.

Rathfarnham, Dublin, D14, ROI

You don't have to keep adding your location to each post. Just click on your username at top right of page, select Edit your profile and then populate the location and save. Your location will then appear next to your post count on left of page. With 100s of posters on this thread, we are not all going to remember everyone's location even if they are multiple posters so "here" means nothing really to most...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 francomcdaddy

everyone was saying about this severe frost and scaring the bejaysus out of us Kerry folk.
    Spin South West, Kerry Radio and even the politicians facebook pages and kerry county council.

I guess they all just copied and pasted a report!

-4/-5 my ass! temps were 5-9 degress all week even at night not too cold!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sleet and snow mix here, even if it does turn fully to snow it wont stick much as the place is saturated as it rained all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cina23

99% rain in the Ringsend area. Temp increased from 2c to 3c. Ground totally saturated with spot flooding. Doubtful of any stickage in Dublin today folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Rain now turning to sleet in south Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Longford getting snow all morning iv heard but nowhere else in midlands wierd!

Leitrim also getting snow - starting to stick to grass in Carrick-on-Shannon (roads too wet). More in Drunshanbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Cold rain in Pearse St. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

There's the culprit - that miserable looking warm front.
    precipitation becoming more and more wintry now but it's worthless with temperatures the way they are at the moment but I'm hopeful we'll see a drop in temps later when winds back E/NE.

FSXX00T_12.jpg

Who's winning out here? Is the H pushing south, or the L pushing north? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 omegaultimo2

some people are at college like me or reporting as there walking around/driving i guess.
    Its gone back to sleet in deans grange now

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

ongarboy wrote: »

You don't have to keep adding your location to each post. Just click on your username at top right of page, select Edit your profile and then populate the location and save. Your location will then appear next to your post count on left of page. With 100s of posters on this thread, we are not all going to remember everyone's location even if they are multiple posters so "here" means nothing really to most...

It doesn't bother me. If I want to know where someone is, I'll ask. That's me. I find talk of slapping people on the wrist a bit OTT.

Happy to answer the question as well.

No need to overMod the discussion. More fun to just chat and pay attention. IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Back to rain in D14. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement