Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭fits

-27C outside. 30 cm of snow. (Finland). And I'm still following this thread....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Back to rain in D14. :mad:

Yep. Sad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

More pics in Longford

734129_554526071224750_613382949_n.jpg

486095_554522441225113_1169553644_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sudden burst of heavy snowflakes in Swords, gone as quick as it started. Rain/sleet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Charts at the moment are showing it becoming progressively colder over the next 48 hours. Best period for snow in the northern half of the country is tonight, with the east of the country getting a short reload tomorrow morning into tomorrow afternoon.

Cold will peak then on Saturday night - there's a risk of snow across the whole country, but the amount of precipitation forecast is tiny, so if snow arrives it'll be a light dusting.

Possible reload for the SW of the country early Monday, but that's too far out for this thread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    No need to overMod the discussion. More fun to just chat and pay attention. IMO.

Just slip in the profile while on these threads, simple. It's not overmodding and we often go on storm chasing where the action is over before one can type a reply during fast moving squall lines and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just watched the BBC forecast - even the Wicklow mountains are switching from white to blue all afternoon, with probably more blue tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

Winds have really strengthened and the heavy sleet has become light snow. I preferred the heavy sleet with big flakes for impact. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

martyfurey wrote: »
    any pics for longford town
    Taken a few minutes ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

It doesn't bother me. If I want to know where someone is, I'll ask. That's me. I find talk of slapping people on the wrist a bit OTT.

Happy to answer the question as well.

No need to overMod the discussion. More fun to just chat and pay attention. IMO.

Yes, but :

Snowing here Is a useless post without information. I don't live in PEarse St Dublin and I find it easy to say thats where it is raining, right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Holding steady at 2C here at casement,some sleety stuff at times mostly rain though..have high hopes that once evening comes and the temps drop a degree or three we will finally have some of the white stuff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

In Derry. Not one bucking flake and 3 degrees :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This must have been what it was like waiting for the war to break out when war had already been declared but no war forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Went for a stroll, feels very mild here in Naas at about 100M - looking across to the hills 100M higher than here, there's a dusting of snow. So we're missing out on snow for now, but not by a lot.

Wife just reported snow in CC, in Trinity.
    Sleet where I am, didn't think it was that big of a campus. :pac:

Have to say it was a decent rainfall event in Dublin today, got soaked on the roads just after 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

theres snow cleverly disguised as heavy rain in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Sleet getting a little bit chunkier here in Ashbourne now, but plenty of water falling with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

It's back to sleet/rain here in Collooney in Sligo at the moment, it turned to snow on a couple of occasions but nothing much sticking, the ground is very wet and the temps seem just too marginal for snow to fall.

If you look up into the sky it's actually full of big thick snowflakes, but they are not falling like that... melting into rain or sleet before they come this far. So really just a few feet too low here.

The mountains in Leitrim that I can see from the window at work are gathering a nice dusting of snow on them since about 10am. Really looking forward to heading up the North later, it should be an interesting journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rain sleet and snow just taking turns here in Swords, trend is towards snow but no chance of sticking while the sun is above the horizon. Looking at the radar nothing will be falling soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Started snowing in Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭sumo12

Sleet in Sallynoggin. Occasional bursts of flakes but still watery as well. If only the temps were a degree or two lower, this front would have produced biblical snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

ITS SNOWING!!

vhcyr.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

More pics in Longford

734129_554526071224750_613382949_n.jpg

486095_554522441225113_1169553644_n.jpg

Class, for the first time in my life i actually wish i lived in longford

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Reiketsu wrote: »
    In Derry. Not one bucking flake and 3 degrees :(

I see you're in Dungiven Sir!

Heading that way this evening. I was banking on it being snowy :(

Perhaps overnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

almost fully snow here now, still bit's of sleet mixed in with big white flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

shmaupel wrote: »

I see you're in Dungiven Sir!

Heading that way this evening. I was banking on it being snowy :(

Perhaps overnight.

I live there but work in Derry. Sitting by the window watching for flakes, not getting much work done :P. Hopefully we will see something later, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    ITS SNOWING!!

Still just rain here...grrrrr:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fully turned here now!just have to wait now and see will anything stick here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Been snowing in navan for 10 minutes :)
    But it cant stick because ground s flooded :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

The sleet has turned to snow now in Belfast, but not lying were I am. There's a strong breeze with it, so it feels bitterly cold when out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement