Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

really piliing it down here in Belfast - just settling on grass and cars at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

2.9 deg and "splatter" melted snow on skylight. Horrible outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

Have to say i'm very surprised how much snow fell considering how mild it was yesterday eve.
    Plenty of people i know said no way will it snow, just goes to show how the weather works.
    From heavy snow an hour ago to spittin rain back to sleet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Been raining and sleeting on and off all day in Firhouse SW Dublin.

Temp not fluctuated too much - started off at 2.5C this morning and now it is 2.7C.

Can see snow sticking on the mountains behind us......grr grr.

NOTHING is sticking here though - bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Snowing heavy now on east coast. Starting to settle on grass at least. The gales are nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Kippure wrote: »
    Anyone have pictures from kilikee, sallys gap, military road, laragh, glenmure....:)

Uploading... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Higher areas of Dublin and Wicklow having a real snow fest:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

rilz wrote: »
    Snowing heavy now on east coast. Starting to settle on grass at least. The gales are nice.

Which county?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at http://www.sat24.com/en/gb it looks like the front is still moving north and we might get a westerly feed/milder air into Dublin soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

rilz wrote: »

depends where , cos if its not the mountains its probs not snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Howth dropping quite fast now, down to 1.4°C, Dew 1.4 also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭afatbollix

image1fv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    imagecmou.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some fecking dope near where I live in London.

much more in the way of snow/sleet mix in Portmarnock Co. Dublin at the moment...and I am at work here on the coast..definitely colder as well. Boes well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

8 degrees here still.

I am looking forward to Sunday night here in the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Windy and poring rain in Arklow, nothing that resembles snow here.

These are from the Military Road in Wicklow. Was strange driving through floods at the start of the journey and then 30 minutes later driving through a foot of snow.

photo212_zpsfe97a45a.jpg

photo55_zpsbed0e025.jpg

photo46_zps11b95fdb.jpg

photo47_zpsc19fe460.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

No wind, no precip, 6.5 degrees and rising. (S.Kildare)

Didn't expect much, but judging by some posts on here since yesterday, I should have least had precip most of today(stopped around 7am) the front on its southside didn't stall at all, it's still moving west to east! Seems more stationary further north tho.

NAE, from yesterday has shown itself to be pretty awful. I should have at least seen snow according to it!

Gerry Murphy, tho art king, for my location at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg amazing pics SnowDrifts! :)

leahyl wrote: »
    Omg amazing pics SnowDrifts! :)

Was fun up there. Note the noise of the crunching snow in the last video - can't beat that sound :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    much more in the way of snow/sleet mix in Portmarnock Co. Dublin at the moment...and I am at work here on the coast..definitely colder as well. Boes well...

you're dreaming, it's just the same cold rain we've been having all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Looking at radar if the front keeps moving east it'll be clear from much of Dublin in an hour or a little more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Gone back to a rainy/sleety mix in Dundalk.

definite sleet and wet snow in portmarnock ...it has mostly been sleet here all day long in fact..

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Sugarloaf Car Park, County Wicklow. 2PM Today

236917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Back safely (just about). Went for a drive up Kilakee Road.

Snow started appearing on the sides of the road at the Hell Fire Club car park which is at 280m.

Snow started appearing on the road and covering most things at about 320m (where the pic was taken).

WO63U.jpg

Then very suddenly at 380m, I was in a blizzard and snow is covereing everything including the road and I hade to turn around at this car park.... https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.239948,-6.319649&spn=0.004572,0.010976&t=h&z=17
    There were a good few inches of snow lying in the carpark.
    I couldn't get a pic because there were a few cars turning around so I couldn't stop in the middle of the road.

So the snowline I would put at 350m at the moment ;)

(EDIT: lucky feckers in your 4x4s, great pics! Well at least I got a small fix anyway.)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

John.Icy wrote: »
    No wind, no precip, 6.5 degrees and rising. (S.Kildare)

Didn't expect much, but judging by some posts on here since yesterday, I should have least had precip most of today(stopped around 7am) the front on its southside didn't stall at all, it's still moving west! Seems more stationary further north tho.

NAE, from yesterday has shown itself to be pretty awful. I should have at least seen snow according to it!

Gerry Murphy, tho art king, for my location at least.

+1, although 6.5C sounds on the high side.

2.6C here in Trim, nothing but cold lashing rain in a strong wind. Temp has been pretty steady for hours after slowly rising all morning. Complete non-event on low ground from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    definite sleet and wet snow in portmarnock ...it has mostly been sleet here all day long in fact..

I concur with fontenoy - just up the road in Malahide and can say the same - definitely more snow mixed in this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Not to make anyone jealous buuuuttttt

Cavan(near Virginia)atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

John.Icy wrote: »
    Looking at radar if the front keeps moving east it'll be clear from much of Dublin in an hour or a little more.

Yes, you can draw a line from Dublin to sligo. North of the line cold air, South mild North westerly air from the atlantic. Seems too the mild air is pushing the colder air north east?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement