Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Hammering down now it south armagh it's a whiteout

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hammering down now it south armagh it's a whiteout

Any chance of a few pics?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

dacogawa wrote: »
    Howth dropping quite fast now, down to 1.4°C, Dew 1.4 also

Howth 1.2 now, -0.2 in 20 mins. I really hope this drop brings something white to Dublin

Also -0.2 drop in the same time in Dun Laoghaire

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

dacogawa wrote: »
    Howth 1.2 now, -0.2 in 20 mins. I really hope this drop brings something white to Dublin

I do hope so! Clinging to colder air here by the skin of my teeth I'd say. 2.0c atm. More rain that anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

leahyl wrote: »
    Any chance of a few pics?:)

How do ya do it from mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh jaysus I have no idea - I don't even think you can! Somebody else on here would have a better idea than me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Smidge wrote: »
    Not to make anyone jealous buuuuttttt

Cavan(near Virginia)atm

Oh I live in Carnaross on a Hill, hope I ll be able to go home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain here again for past hour, bits of sleet mixed in after moments of sleet and snow all morning. really cant see us getting anything decent out of this unless theres a definite drop in temperature's soon. Road is flooded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Snow snow go away, come back another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Siipina wrote: »
    Oh I live in Carnaross on a Hill, hope I ll be able to go home.

AFaIk there is fairly decent snow from Kells on up.
    Most of the local schools sent the kids home at 1pm today as roads were getting very dirty.
    I'd say give yourself a bit extra time if you are coming home on the N3/M3.
    Constant blizzard conditions here all day, hasn't hardly let up at all, so making driving a bit tricky.
    Take it easy:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Wil east munster see any of this cold air if so when??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

M2 buoy at 3pm: temp 2.4, DP 1.4

DP at 2pm was 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch.aspx#

National Summary Report
    Last Updated: 18/01/2013 15:00
    ROAD CONDITIONS

It’s an extremely wet day across the country. Flooding is causing problems for drivers, especially through Co. Wicklow and there is also snow in places. Met Éireann is warning of further sleet or snow over the northern half of Leinster, Ulster and north Connacht and also on higher ground in Dublin and Wicklow. There may be blizzard conditions and accumulations of 5 to 10cm today.

WICKLOW
    The slip road from the M11 Northbound onto Old Connaught Ave is impassable due to flooding.
    Gardai are attending a collision northbound on the N11 between Delgany and Greystones. Traffic is down to one lane.
    The Glen Rd between Killincarrig R/A and Delgany Village is impassable due to flooding.
    Following heavy snowfall, the Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap are impassable. Snow has also been reported around Roundwood, Laragh, Annamoe and Aughrim.
    Flooding at the petrol station in Rathnew Village.

There is flooding on the Rathdrum/Glenealym Rd (R752). Deputy’s Pass is impassable.
    Flooding is a problem under the railway bridge (R751) in Wicklow Town.
    The Rathnew/Wicklow Town Rd (R750) is impassable.
    Killarney Rd (R767) is impassable near the N11 outside Bray due to flooding.
    The Avoca/Redcross Rd (R754) is impassable after flooding. The Bray/Greystons Rd (R761) is down to one lane at Windgates.

LONGFORD
    Snow is starting to stick in Longford Town and Granard in Co. Longford.

MEATH
    The Oldcastle Mountain Rd (R154) outside Kells is impassable due to snow.
    The Bellewstown to Hilltown Rd is impassable due to flooding.

KILKENNY
    Excess surface water on the Urlingford/Freshford Rd (R693).

LOUTH
    Reports of wires down on the Dundalk/Carrickmacross Rd (R178) near Carrickmullan.
    The Baconstown/Rathmoylan Rd (R159) is treacherous due to a fuel spill paired with excess surface water. Council has been notified.

ULSTER ROUTES

ANTRIM
    Driving conditions are treacherous in Belfast particularly on the Crumlin Rd and Upper Hightown Rd.

CAVAN
    Snow showers in Baileborough and heavy snow is a problem on the Cootehill Rd (R189).
    Sleet and heavy rainfall in Ballyconnell.
    Snowing around Virginia.

CONNACHT ROUTES

SLIGO
    Sleet and rain showers are slowing traffic in Sligo Town.

N59/MAYO
    Spot flooding on the N59 Westport/Ballina Rd.

MAYO
    Quay Hill near Quay Rd in Westport is closed while emergency services remove a caravan that came off a truck this morning. Take an alternative route.

LEITRIM
    It is snowing heavily in Carrick on Shannon and Mohill, Co. Leitrim. Take particular care on minor roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Monday/Tuesday at midnight according to Met.ie :D
    web_irl_temp_2013012200.gif?h=1358521200000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Rain starting to turn back to a sleety mix again in south Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

LONGFORD
    Snow is starting to stick in Longford Town and Granard in Co. Longford.

Longford town is at 50m asl. Well Gerry, what have you got to say for yourself eh?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

M2 buoy at 3pm: temp 2.4, DP 1.4

DP at 2pm was 1.6

Good stuff!

*clutches straws*

Temp starting to fall back a little here now. Was up to 2.1c. Now 1.8c DP 1.3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Have you got your mobile connected with your usb cable?
    Copy and paste the photos to a windows folder.
    Go to "post reply".
    Then go to additional options below post box and click on manage attachments.
    Click on "choose file" and then click on desired photo and click on "open" and the click on "upload"

Hope this helps:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

3.0 deg and rain with some "splatters" mixed in. Could be big differences in temp between N Dublin and S Dublin in a few hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

just 3 days of non stop drizzle in Dublin , not one patch of blue in the sky since Tuesday - horrible, horrible weather

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

It's not even fecking cold in Cork, god I hate Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jazzermurphy

Very heavy sleet with lots of bigass flajkes here in Lucan at the moment

1.7c DP 1.2c now.

C'mon the colder air!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

I would prefer some sun to sleet and wet snow....still at it in portmarnock...sleet and wet small snow for most of the day....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

It's not even fecking cold in Cork, god I hate Dublin.
    Why? There is no snow in the majority of Dublin and it doesn't look likely either...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Sunday looking interesting.

48 hours:

Uppers
    13012012_1812.gif

DP
    13012012_1812.gif

Band of precip approaching from the west
    13012012_1812.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Sleet turning to snow now in south Meath :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Buoy M2 Down to 1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Watching the front on Met office radar is strange. Parts of it have stalled, in places it's dying, in places its progressing west to east slightly. Could stay wet/snowy in Dublin, could become dry, time will tell.

One things for sure, Suns out here and I don't see the front pivoting back west.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

Saturday night will be dry and calm but very cold with a widespread sharp to severe air and ground frost with the risk of freezing fog and icy patches. Sunday will be bright and mostly dry but very cold with frost and fog lingering in some inland and northern areas. Rain will spread in from the southwest during Sunday night accompanied by fresh southeast winds, and the rain will turn to sleet or snow over the midlands north and east - especially over high ground. Monday will be a cold mostly cloudy day with occasional wintry showers of hail or sleet with a continuing risk of snow over high ground. After a sharp night frost, Tuesday will be cold again with scattered wintry showers - these mainly near coasts, but many places will remain dry. Then more rain will spread countrywide from the west on Wednesday night, introducing somewhat less cold conditions for the latter part of the week, but it will remain changeable and unsettled.

I am sitting tight till Sunday for my snow, enjoy yours while you have it. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement