Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

HUGE FLAKES N NAVAN!
    but can't stick :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain just turned to snow in past 3 minutes, big thick flakes! at long last!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SandraD

It's not even fecking cold in Cork, god I hate Dublin.

Not sure why you hate Dublin, has pretty much rained in my location all day and the odd sleety mix for a brief period, now is just constant drizzle, damp, cold and miserable! Not much to be jealous of! Dublin will not see snow today/tonight except for Dublin mountains. Unlikely to see anything tomorrow either and Sundays/Mondays event is looking uncertain at this stage too! The GEM model has been performing pretty well with the current synoptics and is currently showing little/no precip for the time frame when we'll have come better cold prospects! MT even alluded to this (lack of precip) in his forecast this morning! I'm officially calling it a day for snow watch 2012/13!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain just turned to snow in past 3 minutes, big thick flakes! at long last!

Looks from the radar south Meath is about to loose its precip altogether. A nice bit of back edge snow. Did the same when the back edge last went over at lunchtime.

Edit heavy now !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Hi maquiladora any charts for due tematures tonight and upper tempatures
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Colder uppers a little more SW at +18 on the 15Z GFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This is very marginal folks left Dundalk earlier nothing there came home just 12 miles away in south armagh to an absolute whiteout

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

sleety/snow mix in Ballymount at the moment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bucketing down with snow now! starting to stick to bits of grass. Unfortunately looks like it wont last long as the edge of the rain/sleet/snow band is almost here. Hopefully it will backtrack south-eastwards soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Still raining in Greystones but not as heavy as it was at noon. I can now see Brayhead from the back of the house. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Temps going the right way here now but precip looks like going the wrong way!

1.6c DP 1.1c now. A lot more flakes now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

ZX7R wrote: »
    Hi maquiladora any charts for due tematures tonight and upper tempatures
    thanks

DP don't look great apart from in Ulster tonight.

13011821_1812.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

This is very marginal folks left Dundalk earlier nothing there came home just 12 miles away in south armagh to an absolute whiteout

You suggested it might intensify later this eve? Where you hear that from. Not far from S Armagh and hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

dmaprelude wrote: »
    sleety/snow mix in Ballymount at the moment

Really? Just rain in Ballymount from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Light Snow at Knock Airport with a tempature of 0 degrees along with Fog. Light Easterly. A real winters day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z GFS has pushed colder air a bit further west. Out to 36 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Snowing heavily in Slane but it is easing off. It's starting to stick too although it is very wet snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Gonzo wrote: »
    bucketing down with snow now! starting to stick to bits of grass. Unfortunately looks like it wont last long as the edge of the rain/sleet/snow band is almost here. Hopefully it will backtrack south-eastwards soon.
    I like the word south east wards ;) but im sure it does not mean anything fir killkenny /Waterford in the next 48hrs????

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Gerry wrote: »
    Really? Just rain in Ballymount from what I can see.

lol, it was when I posted, didn't last long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Did anyone else see the lady getting a snow ball in the face on sky news while being interviewed.:D:D:D Some serious snow in the UK.
    Horrible day all day here in Edenderry. Enjoy the snow whoever get its.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Good News.

The 12z has increased the ppn intensity for this evening and prolonged it well into tomorrow morning. Also it shows it coming back down over the country again, though a weaker affair.
    I would expect the ppn to keep going over Dublin this evening and intensify.
    The heavier stuff will surely produce snow!

Rest of us, who knows but this Winter has been so bad even snow being reported in the country at all im happy with!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Light Snow at Knock Airport with a tempature of 0 degrees along with Fog. Light Easterly. A real winters day!!

You there and seeing the snow, because I am close to Knock and don't see any? I suspect it might be an automatic report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

was snowing here in Navan but easing off now. Not a chance of it sticking at the mo anyway, damn it! BRING ME MORE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Laytown East Meath now wet snow flurry with strong winds, temp dropping no sign of clearing over horizon. Ground sappppped

grass starting to turn white now! which is amazing considering the ground is covered in water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This snow has come at a price NO SKY SIGNAL

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good News.

The 12z has increased the ppn intensity for this evening and prolonged it well into tomorrow morning. Also it shows it coming back down over the country again, though a weaker affair.
    I would expect the ppn to keep going over Dublin this evening and intensify.
    The heavier stuff will surely produce snow!

I hope you're right JS. Temps starting to go the right way here now. 1.6c DP 1.0c, but still mainly rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

temp has now fallen to 2.6...expect it to be at least 2 degrees higher in an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

DP don't look great apart from in Ulster tonight.

13011821_1812.gif

Is that a DP of -3 over Kerry.....if only there was moisture :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Light sleet shower in Derry now, trying to keep the faith :pac:.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement